PDA

View Full Version : Alchemcial Armor Bonus Borked?

Renegade66
08-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the alchemical armor bonus does not work on some armors?

I put it on my Icy Raiments and it worked great.

I put it on my Crippling Chain and also on my Full Plate of the Defender and to no effect. It shows in the verbiage under examination, but did not increase my AC.

Aspenor
08-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the alchemical armor bonus does not work on some armors?

I put it on my Crippling Chain and also on my Full Plate of the Defender and to no effect. It shows in the verbiage under examination, but did not increase my AC.
Works fine on mine. It shows up as dodge AC in the AC breakdown on your character sheet.

Renegade66
08-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Works fine on mine. It shows up as dodge AC in the AC breakdown on your character sheet.

On your what? Again, it's working fine on most. I'm only able to confirm a problem on the Crippling Chain and Full Plate of the Defender. I'll get some screenshots.

Dexxaan
08-25-2008, 12:09 PM
No problems here.

Black DragonPlate, +5 MFP of Command, Stonemeld FP, BP of Destruction and Icy Raiments all good.

As mentioned before..it´s listed as Dodge Bonus.

Silverjade
08-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Befor the patch it did not work on armor only robes try to put it in the crafting thing and see if that fix`s it.

Renegade66
08-25-2008, 12:12 PM
No problems here.

Black DragonPlate, +5 MFP of Command, Stonemeld FP, BP of Destruction and Icy Raiments all good.

As mentioned before..it´s listed as Dodge Bonus.

Thanks. I mentioned that the Icy Raiments worked, I'm hoping someone else has tried with the Crippling Chain and Full Plate of the Defender.

Arjen
08-25-2008, 12:12 PM
working just fine on a chain shirt of crippling here

edit: fwiw the upgrade was done post fix and not before..

Renegade66
08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Befor the patch it did not work on armor only robes try to put it in the crafting thing and see if that fix`s it.

I added it Sunday, noticed it didn't work so through it back in there to see if it would repair. No help.

juniorpfactors
08-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks. I mentioned that the Icy Raiments worked, I'm hoping someone else has tried with the Crippling Chain and Full Plate of the Defender.

I would try it out for ya on my crippling ...but going from 32 ---> 33 on my barbarian just doesnt seem to add up LOL

jrp

Aspenor
08-25-2008, 12:15 PM

it works on my full plate of the defender. 99% sure on that. can't check right now im at work.

Renegade66
08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
it works on my full plate of the defender. 99% sure on that. can't check right now im at work.

Let me know. I'll double check tonite as well and post screenies.

Strumpoo
08-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I would try it out for ya on my crippling ...but going from 32 ---> 33 on my barbarian just doesnt seem to add up LOL

jrp

What are you a TANK??? 32AC !?!? Holy ****! Things must never hit your barb! I wish I could get my AC that high on mine! I think I am stuck at 21...

You using a Shroud AC item to get there? :p:D

QuantumFX
08-25-2008, 01:04 PM

Hey Ren it's working on my Crippling Chain Shirt.

Mhykke
08-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Works on my full plate of the defender.

Did you try taking off the armor and putting it on after you completed the ritual, or logging in then back out? If you're wearing an item and perform a ritual on it, usually you don't see the benefit unless you take it off and put it back on, or log in then out.

Tomalon
08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
You might need to just take it off and put it back on again for the effect to take.

It works on everything i have put it on so far.

Impaqt
08-25-2008, 01:17 PM
You might need to just take it off and put it back on again for the effect to take.

It works on everything i have put it on so far.

You can wear your armor while you put it intothe Eldritch device??? Holy Cow that sounds painful.....

spyderwolf
08-25-2008, 01:34 PM

i have it on my fullplate of the defender. its not listed as an armor bonus though. in your ac breakdown its under dodge bonuses. i will take screenshot if you really really need it after i get off work.

VirieSquichie
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
You can wear your armor while you put it intothe Eldritch device??? Holy Cow that sounds painful.....

I've wondered what would happen if we threw a wf in there and did the armor ritual on him/her/it...hey, they have armor plates after all...

Dariuss
08-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I've wondered what would happen if we threw a wf in there and did the armor ritual on him/her/it...hey, they have armor plates after all...

Well, the warforgedeses that i tried it on found it a bit uncomfortable when the machine did it's teeth chomping bit, but the toaster it spits out works amazingly.

Thrudh
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM

Heh, it's funny how we think... Even though it's a computer game, I too took off my armor before putting it in the device, thinking that made logical sense (actually, I didn't think about it all... just seemed natural to take it off to make it work)... It was cold standing there in my skivvies...

Missing_Minds
08-25-2008, 06:05 PM

Did you put your armor (one at a time, and just the armor) back into the stone of change, and tell it to chew on the armor after the patch? If you didn't, it is still set to the old way, and not the new more than likely.

Renegade66
08-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Works on my full plate of the defender.

Did you try taking off the armor and putting it on after you completed the ritual, or logging in then back out? If you're wearing an item and perform a ritual on it, usually you don't see the benefit unless you take it off and put it back on, or log in then out.

Tried both of those. If I could get in game, I'd take another look.

Xithos
08-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Checked both my Breastplate of Destruction and my regular +5 Mithral Fullplate and the Alchemical Bonus is working for both.

Renegade66
08-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Yep, me too. Finally got in game and it added up correctly now. Sorry for the false alarm.