PDA

View Full Version : The best actor you never heard of

Aeneas
08-22-2008, 10:46 AM
I brought up George Wyner in another thread a short time ago and was wondering if anybody else could think of a great actor who seems to be everywhere but nobody knows them by their name.

Mr. Wyner played Colonel Sandurz on spaceballs and has appeared on just about every sitcom you ever liked growing up.

Cadaia
08-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Tim Curry

Aeneas
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I brought up George Wyner in another thread a short time ago and was wondering if anybody else could think of a great actor who seems to be everywhere but nobody knows them by their name.

Mr. Wyner played Colonel Sandurz on spaceballs and has appeared on just about every sitcom you ever liked growing up.

His IMDB page is obnoxiously long.

branmakmuffin
08-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Tim Curry
Who hasn't heard of Tim Curry?

Dariuss
08-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Who hasn't heard of Tim Curry?

anyone under 30?

Dariuss
08-22-2008, 01:21 PM
it might not quiiiiiiite fit with what you're saying, but you know who i think is really underrated? Tim Roth. That guy is an awesome actor

Gratch
08-22-2008, 01:23 PM
My props would go to Daniel Day Lewis. Go watch Age of Innocence followed by Gangs of New York. How is that the same actor? HOW? (BTW, you'll need to be drinking tea and sitting in a posh couch and making sure you get DDO time from the spouse for watching Age of Innocence).

reefhut
08-23-2008, 04:20 PM
it might not quiiiiiiite fit with what you're saying, but you know who i think is really underrated? Tim Roth. That guy is an awesome actor

QFT, definately

Theboz
08-25-2008, 09:28 AM
For me it would be Pamala Reed, since I know her.

Clan of the Cave Bear
Young Doctors in Love
Grand
Tanner 88(Ace award)
Kindergarden Cop
Best of Times
Cadiliac Man
Junior
The Simpsons
Jericho
The Right Stuff
Bean

and other lesser work

Bekki
08-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Another great underrated actor is
Brion James.

He has appeared in such films as:

Steel Dawn
Blade Runner
48 Hours
And many others...

Aeneas
08-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Tim roth is definitely a good catch. He was pretty awesome as the super soldier turned hulk in the latest hulk movie.

Pamela Reed is another good one, she's just one of those faces you've seen a whole bunch of times and didn't bother to learn what her name was.