PDA

View Full Version : Dog AI is broken.

In_Like_Flynn
08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
The sense my presence, then run off in random directions, sniffing trees and barrels, fleeing from all who approach ... until you give up on them. Then they sneak up on you and get you from behind when you're looting a chest. This bevaviour seems more ... cat-like.

Freeman
08-21-2008, 10:39 AM
All the animals have been doing this for months. Yes, it is really irritating.

Turial
08-21-2008, 11:28 AM
This is working sort of as intended. Head out into the vale where there are groups of fiend-lions laying down. If you sneak up on them and noise aggro them, with out also being spotted. At that point if you can increase your move silently so they cant hear you, you can observe the search behavior; where they will look for you for a few seconds, run over to one of their friends, hit said friend to wake it up, both will stealth and circle around where you noise aggroed them and look for you (during this it helps to make some noise from time to time to keep the search going).

All animals (except spiders) perform this, regardless of if there are friends to wake. That is why dogs run off.

Freeman
08-21-2008, 11:30 AM
The behavior I've seen can't be working as intended. Aggro one dog, cat, or similar creature, with no stealth involved. Then go afk for a minute as it zigzags around, avoiding you completely, before it finally runs in and attacks you. Be prepared for it to repeat this behavior several times, randomly breaking off from attacking and scurrying around with no real purpose.

Turial
08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
The behavior I've seen can't be working as intended. Aggro one dog, cat, or similar creature, with no stealth involved. Then go afk for a minute as it zigzags around, avoiding you completely, before it finally runs in and attacks you. Be prepared for it to repeat this behavior several times, randomly breaking off from attacking and scurrying around with no real purpose.

Thats why I said sort of. Seems like low level dogs skip the initial attack portion.