PDA

View Full Version : Surname Change

Davinna
08-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Q: Can I change my surname?
A: Your surname is unchangeable at this time.

Is there any line of sight to this 'feature'? I see there's a /changesurname command listed in help.

cdbd3rd
09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Is there any line of sight to this 'feature'? I see there's a /changesurname command listed in help.

Came looking for an answer to this exact question, so... /Nudge?

edit: Extra searching finds people wondering the same, but I don't see an answer anywhere whether it's in consideration or not.

Uska
09-02-2008, 07:15 PM
People have been asking for this since day one havent seen anything happen yet and only thing I have seen said is not at this time

Amaras
09-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes it is possible, You pay for the service.

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=138&ao=t

iruka41
09-02-2008, 09:57 PM

That is only for given name, not surname.

Uska
09-02-2008, 11:30 PM

Doesnt do what is asked for.

cdbd3rd
09-03-2008, 11:41 AM
People have been asking for this since day one havent seen anything happen yet and only thing I have seen said is not at this time

Okay, so I'm not missing something somewhere, and it's still over there on the "We'll get around to it" table.
Okies. Thnx.

Uska
09-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Okay, so I'm not missing something somewhere, and it's still over there on the "We'll get around to it" table.
Okies. Thnx.

Yah they havent really said they were working on it, but havent said no never yet either.

Lorien_the_First_One
09-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Yah they havent really said they were working on it, but havent said no never yet either.

Well the fact that there is a command for it in the /help suggests that they are at least toying with the idea...

Uska
09-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Well the fact that there is a command for it in the /help suggests that they are at least toying with the idea...

Thats been there quite awhile now.

cdbd3rd
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
...Even just the option to have the surname deleted would be a start.

(Although, I'd want that for half price...) ;)

darthmaul121783
09-10-2008, 07:03 PM
i would like to see this as well

and i think that command has been their from day one or close to it

theirs no good reason why you can change your first name and not your last as your last name does not have to be one of a kind

and this

Your name should reflect who you are. Perhaps your tastes have changed or your character has grown in an unexpected direction.

:confused:Maybe you’ve met a beautiful elf and would like to get married.:confused: Whatever the reason - if your name no longer expresses the true you, you can update your character’s name through the new Character Rename Service.

this would be the last name so their telling people that they can by saying this and then telling them that they can't change the last name

Davinna
11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm really surprised no developer responded to this. :(

It shouldn't be that hard to duplicate what they have done for the given name over to changing surnames...should it?

Memnir
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Don't hold your breath waiting for either the feature to pop up - or for a Dev to comment on it.

cdbd3rd
11-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm really surprised no developer responded to this. :(

It shouldn't be that hard to duplicate what they have done for the given name over to changing surnames...should it?

Have actually thought about it some in the time since we last kicked it around.

One thought is that the method they use to change a name is tied to a unique field (first name). The surname field is not a unique field, so might make it a little more buggy to change it using the method they have in place for the first name changes.

Would involve playing with the current query, or making a new one for surnames... Time/money issue and how much they think it would get used.

DOESN'T MEAN I STILL DON'T WANNA BE ABLE TO CHANGE/DELETE MY LAST NAME!!!!!!

:p

In_Like_Flynn
11-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Surname change please!

darthmaul121783
11-06-2008, 10:25 AM
lets get a service to be able to change this or atleast to remove it

as their is a command to do it yet it does not work

Philam
11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Another vote for surname change!