PDA

View Full Version : Tempest II

nbhs275
08-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Could any Dev either confirm, or denie the existance of this enhancment?

I would really like to see this line advanced, especially with a strong boost to its effects. Would maybe slow down the dizzying amount of ranger 6/XXX builds people are spewing forth.

Missing_Minds
08-19-2008, 05:15 PM
It does not currently exist.

Hey, you didn't say I had to be a developer for Turbine. :)

Strykersz
08-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Could any Dev either confirm, or denie the existance of this enhancment?

I would really like to see this line advanced, especially with a strong boost to its effects. Would maybe slow down the dizzying amount of ranger 6/XXX builds people are spewing forth.

Because if there is one class that needs a buff, it's near pure rangers.

Paragon
08-19-2008, 05:38 PM
No tempest II yet, but the devs mentioned the possibility of it coming down the road. Probably won't see it until the level cap increases though.

ehcsztein
08-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Would maybe slow down the dizzying amount of ranger 6/XXX builds people are spewing forth.

I am quite the fan of multiclassing so the tempest builds amuse me but wouldn't Tempest II just switch to ranger 12/xxxx builds being spewed forth?

Aesop
08-19-2008, 06:05 PM
I am quite the fan of multiclassing so the tempest builds amuse me but wouldn't Tempest II just switch to ranger 12/xxxx builds being spewed forth?

Depends what it does

if it mirrors Tempest 1... then maybe

but if it lowers attack penalties by 2 ups AC by 1 and only boosts moving RoA then probably not

but then again that's just my opinion

Aesop

Pyromaniac
08-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I would think if there's a Tempest 2, they may need to tone down Tempest 1 a wee bit.

nbhs275
08-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Because if there is one class that needs a buff, it's near pure rangers.

Well, currently one of the main things pure ranger has going for it is tempest. And all these dips can get it at a relatively low cost. Its much like having crit rage at lvl 4...

Strykersz
08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, currently one of the main things pure ranger has going for it is tempest. And all these dips can get it at a relatively low cost. Its much like having crit rage at lvl 4...

Poor benighted rangers having to deal with only getting evasion, free GTWF, Barkskin, and +5 vs. FE after 6. It's a wonder anyone levels beyond 6 in ranger levels at all. Compare that with those whiner Paladins/Fighters who get so much from levels higher than, say, 3 or 4.

p.s. That's not to say that tempest 2 is a bad idea at some point down the road, but to suggest that it should be a priority in some form other than a means of delaying part of tempest 1's power(for example, by putting half of the alacrity on tempest 1 and another half on tempest 2 at 12) is laughable. Ha ha hee ho ha.

Talcyndl
08-20-2008, 07:10 AM

With the feat requirements, I wouldn't say it's "low cost."

But worth it.

nbhs275
08-20-2008, 12:10 PM
With the feat requirements, I wouldn't say it's "low cost."

But worth it.

much lower a cost to a 6 ranger/4 fighter/6 barb type of character then to a pure ranger.