PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Suggestions for "Options: Gameplay"

UfirvwoHargoonis
08-16-2008, 04:52 PM
*Decline Rage: you can choose the decline recieving the spell rage when casted, so that the limited number of targeted players isn't wasted on someone who didn't want it.

*Quest Off-timer notification: when you are no longer on timer for a raid a notification will be sent to you through the general chat window.

*Class Symbol Selection: you can select which class symbol appears next to your name in the party list, given that you have a certian number of lvls in that class.

Jay203
08-17-2008, 01:04 AM
the character symbol change i can get behind that
however, for the other two, it's really the caster's responsibility to warn before hasting, and having that "toggle" in there might cause some issue when people forget to turn it off when they actually want the rage (then the casters complain about wasting sp)
and for the quest timer, i'd rather they put a new interface window for raid timer and completions

Geonis
08-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Show Stoneskin/Barkskin/Camo skin effects

Venar
08-17-2008, 01:21 AM
3 good suggestions.

EightyFour
08-17-2008, 02:34 AM
This is just getting thrown out there, but i think something to be able to see all raids on all your characters, like a list of names along with what raids they are waiting on and what raids are active, like in instances of the dragon you have to run Von 1 through 4.

I hate logging into all my characters to see what I have up, what I'm waiting on, and what I have done.

Currently I'm getting around to doing this myself, but I'm still trying to think up how to setup so it's easy to use and the information is understandable.

But having this option in game would be great as I wouldn't have to load a program everytime I want to take a look.

sirgog
08-17-2008, 02:36 AM
Really like these suggestions, particularly the Rage suggestion, as it is one of only five spells I can think of you can grief a party member with (Dispel and Greater Dispel, Grease and Sleetstorm being the other four - all of which are nearly never used).

No other spell cast by an ally can have a detrimental effect upon you, except in strange circumstances (e.g. you may not want to be hit by Heal when you have 13 negative levels and are bleeding to death next to a Rez shrine). Whilst it's a great spell for other party members, Rage is extremely detrimental to AC tanks, actually tripling the damage that (a non-debuffed) Arraetrikos does in melee to a 71AC melee.