PDA

View Full Version : fix shields

Electric_Pulses
08-14-2008, 07:24 PM
there are only 4 decent shields in the game for a shield bashing toon. carved bone shield, talon, a +5 mithral tower shield of bashing, and some shield from mod 3 that is +1 flaming w/ ghost touch and undead bane (cant remember name). the point is there r a bunch of feats for shields that make a shield bashing build have the possibly amazing, all that is missing r shields they can actually use. there are 4 shields for dps. there shld be better dps shields and there shld also be paralzing, banishing, smiting and disruption shields. a fighter/pally/rogue cld be amazing if there were shields that wld allow someone to effectivly shield bash. think about it, w/ 10 lvl fighter 3 pally n 3 rogue you wld have tons of feats for improved shield bashing shield mastery ect. and on top of it an amazing ac, you cld have an intimated tank w/ very high dr n evasion while attacking. i have always wanted to do this build but i cant knowing i will not be able to get any kills. so plz turbine you put in more effects for shields but u forgot a ton that were missing.

Jadeare
08-14-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm building a 12/2/2 AC intimitank just like that... without shield bashing because hey, what is the point.

You have a higher AC while shield blocking but do bugger all damage shield bashing.

You hold aggro with intimidate.

The rest of the party gets the kills.

You just get used to it i think. I havn't had anyone poke fun at me while running GH quests yet (lvl 12). I get less kills then our cleric.... I wonder if they notice how the trolls don't follow the caster, they just play in the firewall.

I bet some people are like, that testcase guy, he is useless.

iruka41
08-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Kill count is for noobs. It's in my Intimitank's Bio.

BTW, Shield Bash should be improved really :D

Electric_Pulses
08-15-2008, 01:49 AM
i know u can have an effective intimitank w/o dps but it wld be so much more fun w/ shield bashing being wrth while

VirieSquichie
08-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Not sure how I feel about a smiting shield.

A paralyzing shield would be rather powerful, you could just wade into creatures and not worry about it, because they'd spend most of their time stunned, much like the 2wf's with a paralyzer in their offhand already do. My paladin would love one, though.

A disruption shield I could really get behind. Rationale could be the thing's so packed with divine energy that contact with it, well, disrupts the nasty evil undead. But again, it'd be really powerful.

Perhaps better to have new shield prefix/suffix possibilities that give something like a passive 2% chance per time YOU'RE hit that the special effect goes off on the enemy, and if they're vulnerable to that effect they'd then have to roll their DC check. No active blocking required.

Aesop
08-15-2008, 03:55 PM
I had a thing in here on shields. Just a little love but you may find it interesting. Check out the Feat and the change to Improved Shield Bash that I listed

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=155782&highlight=aesop

Electric_Pulses
08-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Not sure how I feel about a smiting shield.

A paralyzing shield would be rather powerful, you could just wade into creatures and not worry about it, because they'd spend most of their time stunned, much like the 2wf's with a paralyzer in their offhand already do. My paladin would love one, though.

A disruption shield I could really get behind. Rationale could be the thing's so packed with divine energy that contact with it, well, disrupts the nasty evil undead. But again, it'd be really powerful.

Perhaps better to have new shield prefix/suffix possibilities that give something like a passive 2% chance per time YOU'RE hit that the special effect goes off on the enemy, and if they're vulnerable to that effect they'd then have to roll their DC check. No active blocking required.

I did not mean to give a paralyzer gaurd effect ect. on shields I meant make it so that you can bash w/ a shield and it will paralyze or disrupt an enemy ect.

Geonis
08-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Uh.......no.

You chose a role.

You prevent damage and manage agro, that is your job.

If you quit hitting the X button to check your kill count, then you wouldn't even be worried about this.

If your trying to increase the speed at which the mobs are taken down, try bringing a Rogue or 2 with you.

Electric_Pulses
08-15-2008, 10:29 PM
If i cared bout kill count why wld i want a para shield? I want there to be a use to the feat improved shield bash, and a reason to shield bash period. I never said I wanna lead the kill count, there are a few feats that could make some one be able to attack using shield bashing well but there is a shortage of shields to bash w/, if you are fighting an elemental you would not use a shield of bashing or talon you would want a freater bane or banisher, I want shields to be better suited for attacking w/ that way there is an actual point to shield bashing, if i wanted to lead kill count I wld dual wield deathnips or w/p rapiers

Geonis
08-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Again, you chose your role.

If you want DPS, don't play an intimitank.

Greater Banes and Power 5, are for weapons.

Shield bashing DPS is subpar, even to ranged combat.

Sounds as if all is right with the world.

Just because you took a couple wasted feats, don't expect a team of devs to start crowding around to make you more effective.

Electric_Pulses
08-16-2008, 02:17 AM
i never did, i want the feats to have a ****ing use so i can take them, why allow ppl to atk w/ shields if there is no benfit unless u atking kobalds w/ 4 hp? they have ghost touch on shields since begining but never gr8r undead bane or disruption, it dont make sense IMO the devs never finished shields n they need to finish em even if it will be 3years into game