PDA

View Full Version : Devs please clearify crafting issue.

Mearamar
08-12-2008, 10:47 AM
There is a third tier enhancement to clothing that gives you deathblock. Is it just everyday deathblock or is it something more. I think deathblock is a bit low powered to put on a 3rd tier enhancement. Other 3rd tier items give people 100sp and other stuff, but deathblock can be gotten at a lower lvl than a wiz IV item. I hope you will consider changing it to deathward. I think that that would actually be worth crafting it on a 3rd tier.

sirgog
08-12-2008, 10:51 AM
It's working as intended I believe as deathblock, which is IMO quite a powerful ability - most Deathblock items require you to make a significant investment to have Deathblock in your item (the most popular one is probably the Silver Flame necklace, which costs you the option of a +6 stat necklace - other people sacrifice Fearsome to wear Deathblock robes instead).

I intend to put Deathblock on my battlecleric's goggles, instead of choosing the other appealing options of +100 stacking SP or +20 stacking HP, in order to free up the necklace slot so I can have something more useful there than the Silver Flame trinket.

Angelus_dead
08-12-2008, 10:57 AM
(the most popular one is probably the Silver Flame necklace, which costs you the option of a +6 stat necklace
Players don't wear the Silver Flame necklace for Deathblock- they get it for Negative Energy Absorption, because being Enervated on the run to the Hound is for newbs.

I intend to put Deathblock on my battlecleric's goggles, instead of choosing the other appealing options of +100 stacking SP or +20 stacking HP, in order to free up the necklace slot so I can have something more useful there than the Silver Flame trinket.
Wow, that sounds crazy, especially for a cleric. Drag the Deathward icon to your bar and click it if you think you need deathblock.

That will work all the time except when beholders are around... and when there IS a beholder around, then just Deathblock won't be enough, and you'll want protection from negative levels too.

GrayOldDruid
08-12-2008, 11:03 AM
It's working as intended I believe as deathblock, which is IMO quite a powerful ability - most Deathblock items require you to make a significant investment to have Deathblock in your item (the most popular one is probably the Silver Flame necklace, which costs you the option of a +6 stat necklace - other people sacrifice Fearsome to wear Deathblock robes instead).

The only thing Deathblock actually blocks is insta-kill effects (and I don't think all of those). It doesn't stop level drains or enervation or stat damage. Which, while okay, is not really all that useful in most cases - ie, when nothing is casting or using insta-kill against you. LOTS of things do stat damage or level dragin or enervation, etc. Deathward effect in a tier III would be worth it.

totmacher
08-12-2008, 11:11 AM
deathblock's worthless

next question

Impaqt
08-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I debated Tier 3 on my CLeric.... Ultimatly, I went with it for the Slay Living guard as well... THe Guard works pretty good.

Thinking back, I probobly should of done the +3 STR Skills/+20 HP for Tier 3 and I still would of gotten the SL Guard.. Oh well.....

Gol
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Deathward should have been the triple-negative bonus :(

Thrudh
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Players don't wear the Silver Flame necklace for Deathblock- they get it for Negative Energy Absorption, because being Enervated on the run to the Hound is for newbs.

Yep, there's nothing better in the necklace slot than the Silver Flame necklace... I cannot believe how many high-level melee types DON'T wear it around beholders.... Everytime I hear, "Got 3 neg levels here!", I cringe...

The protection from evil on it helps protect you from the mindflayer dominate spell as well.

Mearamar
08-14-2008, 11:38 AM
I wish a dev would tell us why they chose deathblock and not deathward as a third tier upgrade.

salmag
08-14-2008, 07:18 PM
I debated Tier 3 on my CLeric.... Ultimatly, I went with it for the Slay Living guard as well... THe Guard works pretty good.

Thinking back, I probobly should of done the +3 STR Skills/+20 HP for Tier 3 and I still would of gotten the SL Guard.. Oh well.....

I have yet to see the Slay Living go off. Maybe it has, but I have yet to SEE it and it sure hasn't Slayed anything, lol. However, I went with it because it frees up some slots. Having poison, fear, blindness and disease immunities as well as deathblock is pretty sweet.

If I would have known SL hardly ever fires, I might have gone with something else. For a Tier III item, Deathblock with 2 or clickies of Deathward would have been better.