PDA

View Full Version : Football has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KoboldKiller
08-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The NFL is here as well as Madden 09. No longer must I kill time running my 100th raid. I can now enjoy the wonderful world of the NFL as well as take my team to multiple Superbowls in Madden 09.

Yes, I know it's hard to believe that an online gaming "nerd" is into sports but I am. I love the NFL and played football as a kid, so sorry to those who wanted to stereotype me.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Discuss?

That is all............................................... .............

Gathor_Stormforge
08-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Not the Donkeys, silly.

Go Chiefs!!!

NFL = One less day to play DDO (except the bye week).

SpiderRico
08-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I have a Black-N-Gold Warforged named Pittsburgh.

Go STEELERS!!!!

kirzahn
08-09-2008, 04:05 PM
screw pitt im a hurt jet farve fan lol

rest
08-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Go Ravens :p

Lazarus
08-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Go Bears!!!!!!

Doomcrew
08-10-2008, 03:35 PM
The Commitment to Excellence!
Silver and Black!!!

Cheers,

Uska
08-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Hate football I really really do and think it should be pay per view only as it interfers with the shows I really rather watch. That being said I do have some affection for the Broncos as when I was in tech school in Aurora Co. they sent some free tickets to the Airmans club at Lowry(sad to know its gone now) and I was one of the lucky winnners of a ticket so got to see a game for free with refreshments and all (dont remember who they played) got to meet the team and all. The rest of the football teams I hope all get taken to Khyber but the broncos got to love them. As to nerds doing sports did round ball myself(hate it even more then football on tv.) and track.

geoffhanna
08-10-2008, 04:01 PM
The Commitment to Excellence!
Silver and Black!!!

You're a Raiders fan? Oh wow, my condolences.

GO! BRONCOS!

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/7/161/full/461.gif

PhoenixFire31
08-10-2008, 04:03 PM
GO DOLPHINS!!!!

scampb
08-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Not the Donkeys, silly.

Go Chiefs!!!

NFL = One less day to play DDO (except the bye week).

The Nigerian Nightmare made me a chiefs fan. The only one is South Western Ontario I think. LOL. We are in for a long year my friend, a long year!

Verdant_Force
08-14-2008, 02:17 PM
c'mon folks...give it up for the champs...

NEW YORK GIANTSSSSS

18 wins and ONE GIANT LOSS for the patriots!! :D:D:p:p

g-men repeat this year

scampb
08-14-2008, 02:20 PM
c'mon folks...give it up for the champs...

NEW YORK GIANTSSSSS

18 wins and ONE GIANT LOSS for the patriots!! :D:D:p:p

g-men repeat this year

Did they win last year?

dragonoffrost
08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
With a human Cleric named Mecklenberg and a Warforged barbarian named Gradishar....

yeah....

GO BRONCOS!

It's time for Cutler to show what he can do now that they figured out why he was tiring at the end of games.

Hendo
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
George Wendt: OK, so who wins in a game between Ditka and da Giants?

Chris Farley: Is it mini-Ditka or regular sized?

GW: Regular sized.

CF: Regular sized Ditka, forty-seven ta tree.

DA BEARSSSS!!!!!!

Verdant_Force
08-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Did they win last year?

Go ahead...
They flew under the radar last year, forget about them again please :p

Perhaps you saw this on sportscenter ;):

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAJH112~David-Tyree-Super-Bowl-XLII-Posters.jpg

szaijan
08-14-2008, 02:34 PM
The accute withdrawl I've been battling since early Febuary ends September 4. Go Steelers!

P.S.: The pre-season excuse for a game tonight will just wet my appetite more.

scampb
08-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Go ahead...
They flew under the radar last year, forget about them again please :p

Perhaps you saw this on sportscenter ;):

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAJH112~David-Tyree-Super-Bowl-XLII-Posters.jpg

Ah, I love it! I do remember that catch. Just awesome! That was a pretty exciting part of the game. Even if it was a Jets player making it.

Go Chiefs Go (did I just say that out loud?)

Torilin
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
yeah football

Mistey
08-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Go 49ers!

unionyes
08-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Silly Americans, always a little behind.

Here in Canada, our football season is about half over. I have been thoroughly enjoying three down football up here, complete with blown coverages, dropped passes, bumbling officiating, and the uniquely Canadian rules, such as the 'rouge', the 'no yards penalty', and the wider, longer field. Of course, it goes without saying we use a bigger ball too. It's not too hard on the running back, though, since with three downs instead of four, handing the ball to the running back is pretty much a trick play.

Go Stampeders!

Verdant_Force
08-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Silly Americans, always a little behind.

Here in Canada, our football season is about half over. I have been thoroughly enjoying three down football up here, complete with blown coverages, dropped passes, bumbling officiating, and the uniquely Canadian rules, such as the 'rouge', the 'no yards penalty', and the wider, longer field. Of course, it goes without saying we use a bigger ball too. It's not too hard on the running back, though, since with three downs instead of four, handing the ball to the running back is pretty much a trick play.

Go Stampeders!

Who invited that guy??? Go play some hockey! (Go Rangers!) hehehe

Pfamily
08-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Denver Donkeys?
Kans-a$$ City Chiefs?
Pfffffft

Silver & Black and I'll never go back...Go Raiders!
/prays for something to cheer about this year
:cool:

Brianius
08-19-2008, 01:03 PM
GO PATS!

Aeneas
08-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Fly EAGLES Fly!

(keep your santa's out of throwing distance :mad: )

Forceonature
08-19-2008, 01:31 PM
The Nigerian Nightmare made me a chiefs fan.

He was awesome on Tecmo Super Bowl...

GO COLTS!!

While I had to suffer through with Jeff George.

daelina
08-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Who dey! Who dey! Who dey think is gonna beat dem
Bengals

cdbd3rd
08-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Go Chiefs!!!

The Nigerian Nightmare made me a chiefs fan. ...

Thy masochisms know no bounds, my friends. ;)

The only good thing about the Chiefs was the amount of cash I used to make betting against them... :D
--- til all my co-workers stopped betting me. :(

LOL :p

dragonoffrost
08-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Fly EAGLES Fly!

(keep your santa's out of throwing distance :mad: )

We all know the curse of Billy Penn will not let them Fly...

It pains me much since I bleed Orange and Black during Hockey season and they also face this horrible affliction. Living in south jersey I had to find one Philly team I could stand.

But as I said earlier when it comes to the NFL its BRONCOS all the way.

Crarites
08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Bengals

My guess in the office pool is 12 other teams.

debo
08-19-2008, 01:48 PM
yea my office has a knock out pool. Love football but not a big gambler. Basically you pick a team to win that week and you can only pick one team per season. Your picked team loses that week... you lose out on the pool.

Person who makes it the farthest wins the pool.

Gotta check the first week match ups but I am definitely not picking the chiefs :D

Bekki
08-26-2008, 08:18 AM
GO PATS!

Let's see, the Pats lost last year so they have the post Superbowl loss curse to
Contend with and the Jets just picked up Jet Farve.
Hmmmm.... This might look good for my team.
Dare I say it? GO EAGLES!!!:D

Brianius
08-26-2008, 09:08 AM
They lost because winning the superbowl and winning the nba championships would be too much for boston and it would explode. All other football teams are considered peewee football teams to the new england gods.

liamfrancais
08-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Denver Donkeys?
Kans-a$$ City Chiefs?
Pfffffft

Silver & Black and I'll never go back...Go Raiders!
/prays for something to cheer about this year
:cool:

Don't see how you can expect to do anything this year the Raiders missed out on picking up the has been player of the year in Brett Farve. Lets go Bills! Oh and it is still the only New York team. The rest play in Jersey.

Tolan_Darkwood
08-26-2008, 09:16 AM
GO Panthers !

Pfamily
08-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Don't see how you can expect to do anything this year the Raiders missed out on picking up the has been player of the year in Brett Farve.

Yes, yes...the onset of senility has certainly stilled Al's pursuit of recycled QBs...sigh.
But we still have...oh wait, he's a rookie.
Umm, lessee, there's...oh yeah...he's in jail.
How about...well...he's good if he stays off the toot.
And then there's always...oh damn...he retired.

Well, we still have the best dressed fans in the game!
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2001/01/11/raiderfans.DTL

:D

liamfrancais
08-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Yes, yes...the onset of senility has certainly stilled Al's pursuit of recycled QBs...sigh.
But we still have...oh wait, he's a rookie.
Umm, lessee, there's...oh yeah...he's in jail.
How about...well...he's good if he stays off the toot.
And then there's always...oh damn...he retired.

Well, we still have the best dressed fans in the game!
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2001/01/11/raiderfans.DTL

:D

Best dressed is often a matter of opinion but I will say the most interestingly dressed and very loyal fans, no matter what city the Raiders are playing (Oakland,Los Angeles) home or away you will find many silver and black clad fans.

Ezzee
08-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I only have one thing to say.

Go Packers.

Make that too.

Good riddance to Brett, f'ing Diva.

JetEskimo
08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Bengals

Probably just about everybody. :p Not that it will stop me from watching, but it will make me question my sanity for spending money on NFL Sunday Ticket just to make myself mad as heck every Sunday morning.

scampb
08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Damn, I am sooo excited. It is so close now. One less day for DDO (or half day I guess, still have am and late evening :)). Have my Yahoo football pools all set, both drafts this week. Hmmm, Adrian Peterson first overall? Or Brady or Tomlinson? Can't wait. Yup, Sunday Ticket is a for shizzem in my household too. Can't watch just one game, no way! Besides, I never get to see my Chiefs up here in SW Ontario unless I have Sunday Ticket. I know, I know but it is rebuilding time for them. Stick wit em, in good times and bad. Go Larry!

Rowanheal
08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
While I maybe female, I am a Texas girl... you know the state where football is King

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u255/Rowanheal/SIcover-thumb-250x330.jpg

and yeah... I am a cowboy fan ...

and the pats will not beat them in the superbowl... uh uh...

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

KoboldKiller
08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
While I maybe female, I am a Texas girl... you know the state where football is King

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

And I thought we could be friends, LOL. :D

J/K

*HUGS*

T-MacForMVP
08-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Man No One out there rooting for the Buccaneers... lol

Go Buccaneers!!!

Brianius
08-27-2008, 02:38 PM

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Every other team can hold onto their falsehood and not bow to the gods that are the Pats.

Justicar
08-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Damn, I am sooo excited. It is so close now. One less day for DDO (or half day I guess, still have am and late evening :)). Have my Yahoo football pools all set, both drafts this week. Hmmm, Adrian Peterson first overall? Or Brady or Tomlinson? Can't wait. Yup, Sunday Ticket is a for shizzem in my household too. Can't watch just one game, no way! Besides, I never get to see my Chiefs up here in SW Ontario unless I have Sunday Ticket. I know, I know but it is rebuilding time for them. Stick wit em, in good times and bad. Go Larry!

Please dont tell me you actually like Larry Johnson!? Who in their right mind would cheer for a serial woman beater (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/9327657/)?