PDA

View Full Version : Actual thing I noticed about halflings.

Mentos3111
08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
First off... I have been playing halflings only since launch. They are the superior race... Although when grouped or trying to get a group you get put to the joke pile. That never really bothered me.

What I noticed is that ogres seem to have favored enemy halfling, I am not joking. The reason I say this is I thought it might be that way for awhile, but I just leveled 3 toons over again(two lawful good one chaotic good). When I was leveling them I noticed how even though I had high ac and trolls around them only the ogres landed hits. The people in my group seemed to not get hit nearly as much as my halfling. Not a hp issue, it is thier actual to hit on a halfling. Wondering if anyone else noticed this or if this is already known fact. The only thing I can think of is size bonus. There is halfling size but halfling size gives 1 ac and -1 to dmg before roll. You can try testing it yourself, madstone is perfect as it is higher level ogres and trolls. Thanks

Asirin
08-05-2008, 10:03 PM
*Ogre to halfling adventurer*
GIT IN MY BELLY!!!!!

Bludnut
08-09-2008, 11:09 AM
I have found with any of my characters that ogres tend not to miss, especially once you hit the Gianthold areas. And if they get their rage on, get outta the way. This seemed to hold true till you hit the high end of the level cap for the area. I hate ogres. Always have, always will. Death to them all!

monstercloset
09-30-2008, 11:03 PM
The solution:

Step 1: Equip 2 Giant Stalker Knives.

Step 2: Kill them before they have a chance to swing.

: ]

Angelus_dead
09-30-2008, 11:08 PM
When I was leveling them I noticed how even though I had high ac and trolls around them only the ogres landed hits. The people in my group seemed to not get hit nearly as much as my halfling.There is halfling size but halfling size gives 1 ac and -1 to dmg before roll.
1. Yes, ogres have better attacks than trolls of the same difficulty, because the ogres are less survivable.
2. Maybe some of those other guys were dwarves, who have a +4 (or more) AC bonus against ogres.
3. DDO's halflings don't get a size penalty to damage (aside from their -2 strength)

Falco_Easts
10-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Playing my Halfing Rogue I have also see Ogres run past a couple of melee's to smash me at the back or middle of the group.
Those loin cloths don't cover much when it's coming in at face height either :(

Nevthial
10-01-2008, 03:11 AM
Totally off topic , well not totally , but no one ever plays a Hafling in my PnP campaigns any longer. I have a nasty habit. It involves a 50-65 lb Hafling and anything with a decent Str score. You'd be surprised at just how far a Troll with a by the book 23 Str can toss one straight up in the air. I'm even generous and consider them a thrown weapon with 10' range increments. Yes, I am that Evil as a DM.

Inspire
11-01-2008, 02:03 AM
You may notice this especially if you only play dwarves who have an base AC bonus agaisnt giants, and orcs.