PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Category for Loot/Pre-Req Complaints

Issip
08-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Could we get a new forum category for people to complain about the loot they deserve to have, and how they shouldn't have to do pre-reqs for any of the raids?

A lot of space in the development discussion forum is devoted to posts like "Running Vons1-4 is way too much work for me" or "I did 40 reaver raids and deserve a +3 con tome". These topics don't ever seem to die and it detracts from the forum IMO.

Maybe we could have a category for each, one labelled "Why I deserve loot I haven't pulled and how the devs should address this so I get more loot" and another labelled "Why doing pre-raids is too much work for me".

We could shove all the posts on these subjects out of this forum and onto a more appropriate place so that our development discussion forum isn't over-run with senseless complaining about issues that have been brought up 1000 times and which cannot be addressed without really cheesing up the game for everyone.

Thanks

Issip

rest
08-05-2008, 11:33 AM
How about just a section called "Crybaby Threads" and only have to make one sub-forum instead of two :confused:

Lorien_the_First_One
08-05-2008, 12:22 PM
do complaints about cry babies go in the cry baby forum or do you need a seperate forum to complain about the cry baby forum?

Yaga_Nub
08-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Complaints are to go the to complaints department. You will find their email address at

rest
08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
do complaints about cry babies go in the cry baby forum or do you need a seperate forum to complain about the cry baby forum?

Cry baby complaint posts would naturally go in the cry baby forum. So then the cry babies could see them :p

Angelus_dead
08-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Could we get a new forum category for people to complain about the loot they deserve to have, and how they shouldn't have to do pre-reqs for any of the raids?
Aside from your suggestion being intentionally insane, there's the obvious fact that the existing forums do not have enough thread generation to justify subdividing them at all.

Dimicron
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Your complaint will need to be forwarded to the professors at the Redundancy Department at the University of Maryland University College who are conducting a survey.

(Ok, there's no such survey in progress, but every time I hear that college's ads on the radio I laugh at it's redundancy :) )

Issip
08-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Aside from your suggestion being intentionally insane, there's the obvious fact that the existing forums do not have enough thread generation to justify subdividing them at all.

I'm not sure lack of relevant discussion meterial necessitates continually discussing the aforementioned topics, which are not new, interesting, constructive, or applicable to DDO development. We could also fill in the development thread with posts about what an obnoxious forum troll I am, or conjecture about perchlorates found on Mars, but it would not add substance to this Forum. Continually discussing the same dead topics actually dilutes what little relevant discussion may be occurring. Hence, it is not intentionally insane that I recommend culling such discussion from this Forum, it is actually a very understandable position, just approached with a humorous tone.

I think having the Forum moderator start kicking things into the crybaby forum would improve the discourse, even if it cannot be seriously considered, and therefore the OP is sane if not serious.

Issip

Pyromaniac
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
If you don't like the threads, you aren't exactly forced to read them. Frankly some sort of feedback from Turbine on consistenly raised issues (and stickied) would cause those threads not to happen.

If something comes up as an issue again and again, then its probably something that should be addressed.