PDA

View Full Version : Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot Database

Lavyn
08-03-2008, 09:19 AM
I am an internet tinkerer and I am not the best at remembering what items drop from what locations. I know a lot of people use this link http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279&highlight=static+loot+list here in the forums for a list of Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot forum. I would like to thank all the people who have worked on the above link as I have used what they posted.

As the dork I am I decided to take that list and try to make it what I call a little more user friendly to search for specific items. So if you all would like to use it in a database format it is up and running. I am a Thac0 member and could not think of a website name when I started this up so the website does say thaczero.com but it is not related to the THAC0 guild. The link to the database is: http://thaczero.com/items.php. I would like to get some feedback here or on the forums on the site i just provided the link to if anyone would be using this as a quick search tool. I have gotten most of the pictures for all the items listed I just have not had the opportunity to incoporate them yet.

The page that I see as being the most beneficial is the search page. You can type in a search for anything such as Ascension Chamber if you wanted to see what those end rewards are and they would all be listed, or search for mithral to find where you can possible get a mithral item. Please enjoy.

Lithic
08-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Explorer already has a search function as you described. Just hit ctrl-F and type in the word you want, and it takes you to ever instance of that word (or words) on that page in the order they appear. I use it alot on that page hehe.

One suggestion to make your list better than the forum post would be to put everything in bold font. On my screen at least it would make reading it much easier on the eyes.

Lavyn
08-03-2008, 10:04 AM
They are all bold now. Thanks for the input.

lenric
08-03-2008, 12:02 PM
the search section does not work right now it seems.

Lavyn
08-03-2008, 02:08 PM
It is working fine for me. What kind of error are you getting? What are you serching for? Is it spelled corectly? (LOL look who is asking that question. :) ) A little more detail please so I can trace the problem if there is one.

Lithic
08-03-2008, 03:06 PM
They are all bold now. Thanks for the input.

Much better :D

I would also suggest being able to sort by min lvl, quest, raid vs non-raid vs special event rather than just being an alphabetical list.

Impaqt
08-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Very Nice! Well Done.

/Golfclap

Lavyn
08-03-2008, 06:02 PM
I would also suggest being able to sort by min lvl, quest, raid vs non-raid vs special event rather than just being an alphabetical list.

That is in the plan problem is not all items have a level next to them and some of the items that do corosponds with the quest level not the item level. So once I get all the pictures linked I will look at each item and adjust it to item level.

Once again thanks for the input. I will do what I can to make it better for as many people as possible.

ShadowBlade
08-04-2008, 07:51 AM
I just pulled the page up in firefox, and the page background is white, with all text being on a black text background. Looks horrible to read - anyone else with firefox havnig this issue?

Lavyn
08-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Sorry shadow blade I have it set up for internet explorer. I have never used fire fox but I just tried it with Safari and I am noticing roughly the same thing. It might take me some time but I will see if I can get the problem fixed that will require some reasearch. So at this point you will need to use internet explorer. On the Fire Fox thing is it one I can download for free if so can you provide me the link?

Thanks.

LordDamax
08-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Free download:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Lavyn
08-04-2008, 09:02 PM
WOW the fix for safari was quicker than I thought it is fixed. Can you please tell me if it is fixed for Firefox?

DaveyCrockett
08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Looks the same in Firefox as it does in IE.. Nice quickfix! :D

Lavyn
08-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Cool hope you all like and can use this product. You can continue to post issues here or on the forums off the website the DDO items is on. I plan on getting the picture links done within about 2 weeks sorry it is very time consuming.

Aspenor
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
well done!!!!

Vorn
08-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Very nice. Thank you!!!

lenric
08-05-2008, 01:01 AM
I am just dumb. I just didn't scroll down all the way after typing in the box and clicking search...i saw the search screen with no forward indication of success and failed to scroll down past the scroll box, the end of the page originally to see the results. Although the 'vault of night' does not come up with any results.

Lavyn
08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
From the origional data I received the file on instead of listing it as vault of the night it listed it as plane of night. So search for that and it will pull up the data. I beleive the quest name is plane of night if I am wrong please correct me and I will correct the data.

Lavyn
08-08-2008, 10:05 PM
I have added an advanced search page that will allow you to order the items by your choice of colum ascending.