PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer LFG

Dolphins1980
08-01-2008, 10:37 PM
I am brand new to playing dungeons and dragons online but not new to the table top version , And want to continue my ddo experience by joining a new casual entry level group that plays once a week around 7 pm till 11pm est i have no existing characters but will most likely either play a barbarian or a fighter and where voice chat is recommended but not required since i'm not one for typing much .

Angelus_dead
08-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I am brand new to playing dungeons and dragons online but not new to the table top version , And want to continue my ddo experience by joining a new casual entry level group that plays once a week around 7 pm till 11pm
It will be difficult to recruit players for that in this forum. Most people who read the DDO forum will play more frequently.

What you could do is possibly recruit some people to make a new character and only play it and advance it when you do. You'd have to look for someone to be patient with you and let you figure many things out for yourself, and not tell you where everything is going to be. It can be hard to find someone like that, but they do exist.

Alternatively, you could recruit players elsewhere (like someone you know in your tabletop gaming) and have them subscribe to DDO with you.

branmakmuffin
08-01-2008, 11:10 PM
I am brand new to playing dungeons and dragons online but not new to the table top version , And want to continue my ddo experience by joining a new casual entry level group that plays once a week around 7 pm till 11pm est i have no existing characters but will most likely either play a barbarian or a fighter and where voice chat is recommended but not required since i'm not one for typing much .
Taking Angelus_dead's ideas further, you could look into a dedicated team (people whose characters only play with the others on the team and advance together). Lots of people who like dedicated teams like to role play, too. If you're a PnPer, you may want to RP in DDO, too.

Dolphins1980
08-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the advice but to reply to your suggestions , Most of my dnd tabletop friends pretty much play wow these days and to be honest i was never a big time roleplayer , I'll admit i did try roleplaying in the past but gave up on it due to eltism rp in various online games , If there is any type of roleplaying i may do ? it is prolly going to be very lite rp as that is usually the type of rp i usually found myself doing in pnp .

Aside from that i am sure there are various dedicated teams that are willing to take in new players to the game , I'm not expecting someone to hold me by the hand and again i want to join a dedicated team one night a week so i can learn during the week the combat mechanics and other aspects of dnd ,

S1gma
08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
WOW I just realized I *gulp* agree with branmakmuffin! :eek:

He gives some good advice there, too, an I jes happen to be able to help you out there!

Check my guilds' thread here: Dedicated Teams (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=57433)

It is kind of a bunch of "guildlets within a guild". Each team is dedicated to their own, but we get together on occasion, swap members, team up, etc. (Most quests are designed for 6-person teams, but there are some quests called raids that allow groups of 12, we often team up for those.)

The teams run the gamut of experience. There are new teams starting up now, and we have a team on every night of the week. You should be able to find one that suits you.

As far as the RP goes, we consider ourselves light RP. On that, however, I would bet good money that the "elitist" RPers you have run into would scoff at many of us as well. Most of us just try to "act as your character would act, not as you would". Some have backstories and such, but no one will come down on you for not speaking in "ye olde english" and such!

So check out the first post in that thread, see if any team strikes yer fancy, and PM that team leader, or myself, or the Guild leader Thalion. Hope we'll see you soon.

(And thanks for the suggestion bmm!)