PDA

View Full Version : Help me save my TWF Drow fighter

ddjunks
07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
I just recently returned to DDO and I'm still trying to find which of my old toons that haven't been touched for 16 months are still viable for end game.

I have an old Drow TWF level 10 fighter with the following starting stats.

16 STR (18 STR putting str at level 4 and 8)
16 DEX
14 CON
10 WIS
10 INT
10 CHA

It is a pure fighter. From the looks of fighter builds today, there seems to be no sense in going straight fighter. I'm thinking of muti-classing to a ranger/monk but I am worried about my 10 WIS. I do have enough shards to respec so if I go Ranger route, I know I have to drop TWF/IMP TWF first to save some feats. I'm thinking of mixing monk too for Evasion.

I also have a +5 mith BP to support this toon and a pair of puncturing rapier (too bad they aint wounding). I got a +6 WIS item too that I can get from my cleric.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,
ddjunks

oogly54
07-31-2008, 02:07 PM
From the looks of fighter builds today, there seems to be no sense in going straight fighter.

This is a totally false statment. The higher we get in level the better it will be to have pure class build. Look at my fighter build (Oogly fighter), I am a Drow and I would challenge anyone in the pit in melee. I do more than my fair share of DPS, have high HPs and a high AC. I pull aggro and maintain aggro from many so called good ranger and barb builds all the time. Rangers do good DPS while TWF, but have low HPs and low AC. Not exactly a good combination. Usually means you die frequently. Barbs are great for DPS and have high HPs for survivability, but need a cleric strapped to there arse. The DEVs have already stated that fighters will be getting some love in the next MOD, and if it is like the weapons master specialty fighter class, fighters will take over the DPS arena as well.

Angelus_dead
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
This is a totally false statment. The higher we get in level the better it will be to have pure class build. Look at my fighter build (Oogly fighter), I am a Drow and I would challenge anyone in the pit in melee.
Nope, it's a true statement.

ANY fighter16 who changed to fig15/ran1 would get Favored Enemy Evil Outsider and start doing +3 damage on every important raid boss. (Or he could get Favored Elf and demolish you in pvp pits).

ANY fighter16 who changed to fig15/barb1 would have more hp, run faster, and get a rage that gives him +2 damage and attack rolls during every boss fight.

Tomalon
07-31-2008, 02:14 PM
This is a totally false statment. The higher we get in level the better it will be to have pure class build. Look at my fighter build (Oogly fighter), I am a Drow and I would challenge anyone in the pit in melee. I do more than my fair share of DPS, have high HPs and a high AC. I pull aggro and maintain aggro from many so called good ranger and barb builds all the time. Rangers do good DPS while TWF, but have low HPs and low AC. Not exactly a good combination. Usually means you die frequently. Barbs are great for DPS and have high HPs for survivability, but need a cleric strapped to there arse. The DEVs have already stated that fighters will be getting some love in the next MOD, and if it is like the weapons master specialty fighter class, fighters will take over the DPS arena as well.

Not sure where you grew up but my ranger has a 40 str, 515 hp and 56 a/c while TWF:eek: and will out DPS just about anything in game. I think you need to take another look at ranger tempests...... just my 2 cents.

CSFurious
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
pure fighters who fight with 2 weapons are very gimped rangers especially a drow

anyone who reads & wants to defend their uber-fighter, feel free

i can hit the easy button & roll a dwarf tempest who will be crushing your build in dps in about 3 weeks

OP you should re-roll

later

CSFurious
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
newsflash

i have an elf tempest ranger 12 ranger/4 fighter who has 327 hitpoints, 32 str, 30 dex

only silly people would think that your drow twf would do more dps

Tomalon
07-31-2008, 02:56 PM
newsflash

i have an elf tempest ranger 12 ranger/4 fighter who has 327 hitpoints, 32 str, 30 dex

only silly people would think that your drow twf would do more dps

I think oogly54 might need to re-roll :rolleyes:

ddjunks
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
I have 6 levels left guys. Any tips on multi-classing?

Angelus_dead
07-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Since your dex is high, take 2-3 rogue levels for evasion and sneak attack (you'll need to wear light armor for that to work). Also take 1-2 ranger levels for favored enemy. After that, advance as any one of those classes.

Tomalon
07-31-2008, 03:45 PM

Sry to say but re-roll.

Dump the cha if you will not use umd and put the pts in to str or dex.

A great TWF build is 12/4 ranger/fighter dorf
Max out STR at build for max DPS (end game right now will be 40 str)
15 DEX (end game 28) great for the deliven suit out of dragon raid w/armor mastery
17 con (end game 28) over 500 hp
8 int
8 wis with tomes and items end game will be 16 still more then 400 sp more then you'll ever use
6 cha

this build will do sick damage with d-axes or heavy picks and you you'll get all the TWF feats free plus you can self heal/buff
great a/c also standign around should be in the 40's fully buffable to around mid/low 60

Sue_Dark
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
"Saving" your current build.....

As AD suggested, 2 rogue then the rest ranger.

2 rogue for evasion
4 levels of ranger will allow you to toss a few rams might spells per rest, which is a plus str spell that will stack with a +6 str item.

ddjunks
08-02-2008, 04:38 AM
"Saving" your current build.....

As AD suggested, 2 rogue then the rest ranger.

2 rogue for evasion
4 levels of ranger will allow you to toss a few rams might spells per rest, which is a plus str spell that will stack with a +6 str item.

If I can get to 28 Dex and 18 WIS, is it more ok to get 2 levels of monk than rogue for Evasion and will saves? I have a +5 Mithril Breastplate for this guy. Does the 18 WIS warrants on getting the monk levels?

Borror0
08-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Why not six levels of rangers for Tempest?

Borror0
08-02-2008, 04:43 AM
This is a totally false statment. The higher we get in level the better it will be to have pure class build.

That's false. If not, prove me how.:)

Rangers do good DPS while TWF, but have low HPs and low AC..

False. Want me to show you a ranger build who will out AC my intimitank, have more HP than your fighter and out-DPS your fighter? There ya go (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=153948).

ddjunks
08-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Why not six levels of rangers for Tempest?

The Tempest build is only Fighter L8. I would go on that route but this toon is already Fighter 10.

Geonis
08-02-2008, 06:09 AM
The Tempest build is only Fighter L8. I would go on that route but this toon is already Fighter 10.

Uh, Tempest is Ranger 6, 10 + 6 = 16.

maddmatt70
08-02-2008, 06:09 AM

huh. I agree the only way you could salvage this character currently is 6 ranger for tempest. 10 fighter 6 ranger is a pretty solid build. No other builds make any sense. The best option for you though is to probably roll up a new character and/or get to 1750 favor and roll up a 32 pt build character. You don't have to delete this character assuming you have extra character slots. You could keep him in the inactive/mule category on the oft chance something changes.

ddjunks
08-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Uh, Tempest is Ranger 6, 10 + 6 = 16.

Can you send me the link please. Tempest Ranger by Illuminati I see is pure ranger.

Borror0
08-02-2008, 06:28 AM
huh. I agree the only way you could salvage this character currently is 6 ranger for tempest. 10 fighter 6 ranger is a pretty solid build. No other builds make any sense.

Agreed.

The best option for you though is to probably roll up a new character and/or get to 1750 favor and roll up a 32 pt build character.

Why would he have to reroll? What is so sup-par in his build?

Borror0
08-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Can you send me the link please. Tempest Ranger by Illuminati I see is pure ranger.

Tempest is an enhancement gotten by rangers at level 6. It increases your attack speed by 10%.

Prereqs are Dodge, Mobility and Spring Attack, from the top of my head.

maddmatt70
08-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Why would he have to reroll? What is so sup-par in his build?

It is only a 10th level character so not a huge ordeal to reroll and relevel. There are some really solid other builds on the forums for twf melee. The biggest reason however is drow meh. Dwarves and Halfling for twf are the bomb. Human is o.k. in certain situations, but drow serious meh..

maddmatt70
08-02-2008, 06:44 AM

I deal with the here and now oogly or ugly or whatever your name is not with some enhancements that nobody knows what will look like that come out who knows when. Other races/classes/builds are better. I have a dwarven twf level 16 fighter and I can actually make an argument that he is competitive because he has a good ac and alot of hit points coupled with some good dps, but for non dwarven twf fighters I think the pro arguments get pretty weak.

Borror0
08-02-2008, 07:00 AM
It is only a 10th level character so not a huge ordeal to reroll and relevel. There are some really solid other builds on the forums for twf melee. The biggest reason however is drow meh. Dwarves and Halfling for twf are the bomb. Human is o.k. in certain situations, but drow serious meh..

I know. I'm just not a fan of telling someone to reroll unless the build is really poorly built.

Tanka
08-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Most casual players find it a pain to reroll at level 10. It means weeks or months of lost playing time.

For people who can get from 1-12 in a weekend (or more, if they don't mind forgoing sleep), rerolling isn't so much of an issue.

Aesop
08-02-2008, 08:31 AM
If you are going to go ranger you'll probably want to spec out of twf so you don't lose Feat 6 levels of Ranger Dodge Mobility and Spring attack for tempest... though if you don't mind rebuilding I''d go this route

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.95
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Poke
Level 16 Lawful Good Drow Male
(10 Fighter \ 6 Ranger)
Hit Points: 268
Spell Points: 40
BAB: 16\16\21\26\26
Fortitude: 14
Reflex: 16
Will: 6

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 16)
Strength 14 18
Dexterity 17 26
Constitution 13 14
Intelligence 12 13
Wisdom 12 12
Charisma 10 10

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 16
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 16
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 16

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 16)
Balance 5 17.5
Bluff 0 0
Concentration 5 11
Diplomacy 0 0
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 0 0
Heal 1 1
Hide 7 17
Intimidate 0 0
Jump 6 23
Listen 1 3
Move Silently 7 17
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 1 1
Search 1 3
Spot 5 12
Swim 6 23
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Finesse

Level 2 (Ranger)

Level 3 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Dodge

Level 4 (Ranger)

Level 5 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider

Level 6 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Mobility

Level 7 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Spring Attack

Level 8 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Piercing Weapons

Level 9 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 10 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Piercing Weapons

Level 11 (Fighter)

Level 12 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Combat Expertise
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 13 (Fighter)

Level 14 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 16 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
Enhancement: Drow Melee Attack I
Enhancement: Drow Melee Attack II
Enhancement: Drow Melee Damage I
Enhancement: Drow Melee Damage II
Enhancement: Elven Dexterity I
Enhancement: Elven Dexterity II
Enhancement: Ranger Favored Attack I
Enhancement: Ranger Favored Damage I
Enhancement: Ranger Favored Damage II
Enhancement: Ranger Tempest I
Enhancement: Ranger Dexterity I
Enhancement: Ranger Dexterity II
Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
Enhancement: Fighter Strength III
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness III
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness IV

add two more fighter levels for Greater WEapon Spec and 2 monk levels for Evasion and Wis bonus to AC +2 extra Feat

but that's just me

Aesop

Borror0
08-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Is it intended to be level 1?

Aesop
08-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Is it intended to be level 1?

oops