PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian Build Feedback / Suggestions Please

CozyBear2007
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
I have created a Dwarf Barbarian It is curently level 2 right now, I have some concerns and questions so and feed back would be helpful. The consern I have it that I seem to be miss my enemy when I try to strike them, More than I hit my enemy I dont know if this is due to the way I build him or what. Here is what I got.

STR-15
DEX-8
CON-20
INT-8
WIS-8
CHA-10

Armor Clase 11
Fortitude +9 (Have no idea what this means)
Refex +0
Base Attack Bonus +2
Fortification 0 % (Have no idea what this means)

FEATS

Damage Reduction
Defensive Fighting
Dismiss Rage
Dwarven Stability
Dwarven Stone Cunning
Exotic Weapon Proficency
Fast Movement
Giant Evasion
Light Armor Proficency
Martial Weapon Proficency
Medium Armor Proficency
Orc & Goblin Bonus
Rage
Shield Proficency (General)
Simply Weapon Proficiency
Sneak
Spell Save Bonus
Sunder
Trip
Uncanny Dodge
Weapon Finesse

ENHANCEMENTS

Action Boast: Sprint
Barbarian Sprint Boast 1
Barbarian Willpawer
Barbarian Willpower 1
Resist Disease
Barbarian Resist Disease 1
State: Constitution
Barbarian Constitution 1

Please any feedback would be great if there is something I should change please you opion would be great:
I just feel there isn't something right with this build like I said I am missing my enemy more than I am hitting them

(How do I exchanged or drop feats)

Emanon67
07-23-2008, 01:21 PM
I have created a Dwarf Barbarian It is curently level 2 right now, I have some concerns and questions so and feed back would be helpful. The consern I have it that I seem to be miss my enemy when I try to strike them, More than I hit my enemy I dont know if this is due to the way I build him or what. Here is what I got.

STR-15
DEX-8
CON-20
INT-8
WIS-8
CHA-10

Armor Clase 11
Fortitude +9 (Have no idea what this means) -for saves against posion
Refex +0
Base Attack Bonus +2
Fortification 0 % (Have no idea what this means) - this is a form of protection from critical hits.

FEATS

Damage Reduction
Defensive Fighting
Dismiss Rage
Dwarven Stability
Dwarven Stone Cunning
Exotic Weapon Proficency
Fast Movement
Giant Evasion
Light Armor Proficency
Martial Weapon Proficency
Medium Armor Proficency
Orc & Goblin Bonus
Rage
Shield Proficency (General)
Simply Weapon Proficiency
Sneak
Spell Save Bonus
Sunder
Trip
Uncanny Dodge
Weapon Finesse -drop this it is not helping you at all with a Dex of 8
ENHANCEMENTS

Action Boast: Sprint
Barbarian Sprint Boast 1
Barbarian Willpawer
Barbarian Willpower 1
Resist Disease
Barbarian Resist Disease 1
State: Constitution
Barbarian Constitution 1

Please any feedback would be great if there is something I should change please you opion would be great:
I just feel there isn't something right with this build like I said I am missing my enemy more than I am hitting them

Weapon finesse is doing you no good. swap it out for weapon focus slashing giving you a +1 to hit with your axes

Beherit_Baphomar
07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Where to start!

Fortitude, reflex and will are all your saves. Fort is based off of yer CON score, Reflex off DEX, Will off of WIS. There are effects and spells and traps in this game that you need to save against. These scores are used to see if you save. Everything in DDO is based off the roll of a dice. So if the save required is 20, you roll a D20, add yer Will/Fort/Reflex save to this roll to see if you pass.

Fortification. This stops critical hits on you. Later levels you'll need 100% fort, which will stop 100% crits.

Heres the deal with dwarf barbarians. STR and CON. Maybe a lil WIS, maybe a lil DEX...but certainly STR and CON.
Max STR and a good CON score are really all you need to worry about, certainly not CHA.

Weapon Finesse is for people who use DEX instead of STR to determine their To-Hit. You being a dwarf barbarian will use yer STR to determine yer to-hit. Thats why yer missing so much.

Your to-hit is kinda like yer saves. You have a certain to-hit score, you roll a D20, add that to yer To-Hit score, if that is greater than a baddies AC then you hit. So, if you have a to-hit of 8 and you roll a 12 you will hit a baddie with an AC of 19 or less.

An easy way to make a barbarian is to remember that yer only job is to put out damage. Take enhancements and feats that will allow you to rage stronger and hit harder. Also remember that yer favourite weapon is an axe, all types of axes. You get excited looking at a nice axe, and because of this you fell you should put some training into axes.

Axes and damage output are the things that make a dwarf barbarian happy.