PDA

View Full Version : Damage Reduction

wreckhur
07-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Ok I have a lvl 7 wf'd Barb with garzard's helmet, which is DR1-. Now I have wf damage reduction which is DR4-. Finally I have barb Damage reduction, DR3-. Do these stack, on my character sheet is shows them all, one right on top of the other. When i tried stacking multiple items such as strength, they dont stack on the character sheet, is this a glitch, im I not reading this correctly or do they really stack? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Falco_Easts
07-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Only the highest applies unfortunately

Kris_P._Letus
07-15-2008, 12:02 AM
nope. respec yer enhancments as barb dr is the only one that matters. wf dr, iirc, gets to 4, where as barb dr gets up to 7....

wreckhur
07-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Thanks guys

Aesop
07-15-2008, 05:46 AM
the real difference is that Warforged DR is DR/Adamantine and Barb DR is Dr/-

DR other than Blocking DR does not stack

If you are going Barbarian you probably don't want the Adamantine Plating... heck you probably won't at end game even want any of the plating feat

The funny part is that Warforged can have a higher DR value than the Barb... but its Feat intensive. As a concept build I made a WF Fighter which is slated to have DR 10-11/Adamantine a full tactics line and Stunning Blow as well as the Shield Mastery line for further blocking DR.

If only I could use a Shield Bash to Someone now... actually I don't recall ever trying that ... must test

Aesop

Forceonature
07-15-2008, 07:10 AM
If only I could use a Shield Bash to Someone now... actually I don't recall ever trying that ... must test

Shield bash used to be cool, since CE didn't diminish its attack value, but they changed it to the way it is "supposed to be" in the last mod. IMO they should have left it, since it actually helped out true tanks.