PDA

View Full Version : looking for a PD friendly guild

Flippys
07-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I know there are several permadeath guilds out there, but I am looking for one that will not frown on using vendors and the ah. I haven't decided on what kind of toon to roll up for this experience yet, but I do not want to be in an environment that shuns using the vendors or the ah with coins collected along the ways of his/her adventures. I do not believe in mailing plat or items to my near future permadeath toon, but I do feel it is okay to use vendors and the ah as I feel these would be something that he/she would encounter through his/her adventuring.

So if there are guilds like this and or several non-guilded players running around with this same attitude, please feel free to shoot me a pm.

Thanks

~Zornochio
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
The link in my signature takes you to the permadeath guilds listing in the DDO compendium and their rules/websites, there are currently 6 guilds listed there.

parvo
07-15-2008, 06:14 PM
I think you can find what you're looking for in one of the current guilds out there. Take a look at Extreme Explorers and the Sublime to see if they fit the bill.

By the way, I understand how you feel about your hard-earned coin. I used to think the same way. But having tried the auction house in PD, I realized it wasn't for me. In particular, purchasing brokered items and selling them on the auction undermines balance and challenge.

Deg
07-16-2008, 11:29 AM
I would also suggest Sublime and EE as well. Remember PD is what you make of it. You can take the guild rules (which must be followed of course) and add to them as you see fit for more restrictions on your play style.

Some won't do a quest with a higher level toon, some will only open on the hardest difficulty the group can do. Some won't touch the AH for purchases even if the guild allows it.

PD is a honor system and if you "cheat" in PD you are only cheating yourself. I started doing PD about a month and half ago so I am fairly new to the system but I will say this, the only non-pd I have done since joining is taking a dead character of mine from 4th to 6th just so I could unlock drow favor for my next re-roll. Other then that, I haven't touched non-pd nor will i want to.

Zerging is bad, it can get you or others killed a lot of the time so the pd pace is slower, we try for the optionals and conquest/ransack each time.

Expect to loose a few characters quicker then you would expect, things you took for granted in non-pd can be huge in PD. In sublime we don't allow any broker or AH purchases until 4th level, no trading between non-pd characters and PD characters, no outside of guild transfers basically. Only characters in guild are live ones btw.

You may NEVER see high level content and need to accept that. If you do, great/amazing/awesome job but in all the time of Sublime I have been told the highest character ever was 13th.

If you want to talk about PD more in general, I am over on Thelanis in Sublime all my characters are Deg* so Degcure, Degsorc, Degsong etc etc.

Cheers and I hope PD works for you, it really is a great way to play adds a new life to a game that is already good.

Citymorg
07-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I would suggest you check out Sublime as well. As previously stated, they allow AH use after level 4. I run the PD group on Khyber (Khyber DWG Permadeath). We do not allow AH use at all, since it is part of the "outside" economy. IMHO, this changes the value of an item. We do allow vendor use (except the House D and House K vendors who have the same issue as the AH). In addition, Sublime is a full-time PD guild. Khyber DWG is part of the Deathwatch Guard and plays primarily on friday nights.