PDA

View Full Version : Temple of Vol Optional

Thailand_Dan
07-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Was running Temple of Vol yesterday and we were about to enter the optional door to try and get a shield piece. Having never taken the optional room, I asked about healing magic problems in here. Someone said, "Yeah, you cant use heals in here." I then asked, can you use reconstruct? Everyone said, I think it is treated the same as CSW, CMW, etc., but noone was sure.

I didn't press the point, but was wondering, what is the deal with curative magic? Does it simply not work? Does it have the opposite effect, taking away hp? I just decided not to try to reconstruct at all.

As a side note, I wanted to thank Lost Leader for the most helpful adventure thread I have seen: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=122192. This has helped me attempt quests (and complete ones) I would have never attempted at my level. Because of having read the walkthrough, I knew in the first place to ask about healing in the optional room.

Lost_Leader
07-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Hey man, I guess I was a bit vague when I said that you travel to another plane and it has bad consequences for curative magic.

Technically you are on the plane of Dolurrh, the realm of the dead. Curative magic has only a 50% effectiveness, so you can still use it, but expect to burn a lot of power. Also potions, wands and scrolls will be less effective.

On a good note, repair and reconstruct spells are not positive energy curative magic, and so are unaffected by the planar bad healing ju-ju.

If someone dies here, it's a good idea to pick up a stone or send a rez immediately, because if you kill the last marut then all living members are sent back to the Temple, and soulstones are left behind.

I am glad the guide has been helpful to ya, I do plan to add to it, but it's been a busy summer for me. Hopefully I'll get the new update with my shroud info and the mod 7 quests later this month or early next.

Angelus_dead
07-01-2008, 08:47 AM
If someone dies here, it's a good idea to pick up a stone or send a rez immediately, because if you kill the last marut then all living members are sent back to the Temple, and soulstones are left behind.
No, everyone is forced out when the last monster dies. It doesn't matter if he's dead or what.

Lost_Leader
07-01-2008, 07:03 PM
No, everyone is forced out when the last monster dies. It doesn't matter if he's dead or what.

Ah, that must have been changed. We got caught with a stuck soulstone during the first week the quest was in game. Twas a bummer. Kind of like the fire elemental traps in rainbow.

Ghoste
07-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Repair magic is unaffected in there. I have confirmed this. Many times. Many.