PDA

View Full Version : Elemental ... whatever they are

valczir
06-29-2008, 03:42 AM
I've been using the fire stance because it generates Ki so fast, but I haven't been using the fire attacks at all (except against undead). I'm not going to go into the details of my character and why he's like this, because I know that 90% of you don't care, so here's my question:

What are the advantages of the second and third tier fire stances? I know that the third tier fire stance gives +3 strength, instead of +2, but that's not worth 6 AP, to me. Do either of them generate Ki faster than the first tier?

If the Ki gain doesn't go up, I'm going to just stop at the first tier. Valczir loves using special attacks, so he needs the extra Ki generation, but he'd prefer the water and earth attacks over the fire attacks.

Detton
06-29-2008, 08:19 AM
The Ki generation goes up, I believe, by 1 extra Ki per stance. I think.

Rameses
06-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Tier 2 of the Sun stance = +2 Str / -2 Wis, Generates more KI per strike, 2d6 Fire Damage per use of toggle Fire attack.

Tier 3 of the Sun Stance = +3 Str / - 2 Wis, Generates more KI per strike, 2d6 Fire Damage (+2d6 Fire damage on a crit) per use of toggle Fire attack.

I am, Rameses!

Strakeln
06-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Third tier only costs 3 AP.

All three tier attacks are on different timers, and tier 2 is nearly equivalent to tier 3. So say you have tier 3 fire and water, you can cycle through 5 attacks (4 elemental, one light or dark), each doing an additional 2d6, and you should be ready to start over at the beginning, timer-wise, when done. Great for cranking up the DPS when you have ki to burn, or great for focusing on a particular element (say, fire on ice mephits).

Angelus_dead
06-29-2008, 10:24 AM
What are the advantages of the second and third tier fire stances? I know that the third tier fire stance gives +3 strength, instead of +2, but that's not worth 6 AP, to me. Do either of them generate Ki faster than the first tier?
There is no advantage to the second tier stance at this time. In update 7.1 tier 2 fire stance will be changed to increase your Ki income from critical hits, but that hasn't been done yet. Right now there's absolutely no difference.

The tier3 +3 strength bonus may be quite worth it, if you were going to be in fire stance anyhow and the strength brings you to an even number. Aside from that, the main reason to get the tier3 stances is so that you can do two 2d6 energy punches in a row without waiting for cooldown.