View Full Version : Diablo 3 Just Announced

totmacher
06-28-2008, 07:51 AM
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Oh I can't wait

Riddikulus
06-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Ddooooooooom. Just kidding.

Very cool how the mobs are able to climb the walls. DDO needs that tech bad.

Brianius
06-28-2008, 08:19 AM
meh no big deal rehashing old stuff nothin new.

Brianius
06-28-2008, 08:20 AM
projectoffset.com is what I want to see done.

Uska
06-28-2008, 08:31 AM
meh no big deal rehashing old stuff nothin new.

I agree I wont play another blizzard game after wow.(hate it so much for dumbing down online gaming)

Brianius
06-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Ohh i'll buy it, I know they just made diablo 2 prettier and with a couple of neat features.

moorewr
06-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Ddooooooooom. Just kidding..

Ha Ha! Beat me to it.

My friend who plays diablo I - and says he can't afford a computer that can run DDO - is going to have to buck up and upgrade.

DaveyCrockett
06-28-2008, 09:37 AM
:eek:
Who wants my stuff?

Just kidding...

..seriously...

..who wants it? :D

Aspenor
06-28-2008, 09:40 AM
..seriously...

/raises hand

Shyver
06-28-2008, 09:53 AM
:eek:
Who wants my stuff?

Just kidding...

..seriously...

Heh, I'd hold onto it. Not because you'll be coming back. But because with Blizzards track record of hyping a game before release we won't be playing Diablo III until 2010.

It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players.

That being said, I can't wait.

Borror0
06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I like the red bubles that replentish energy without needing to stop. DDO should copy that.

Petro
06-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Diablo maddness, the origanal loot run game.

ArkoHighStar
06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I like the red bubles that replentish energy without needing to stop. DDO should copy that.

lets dumb it down even more

Borror0
06-28-2008, 10:27 AM
lets dumb it down even more

Really? I say it's more to make this game less healer-dependant... but that's just me.

Oh well, I guess you like to have to look for clerics.:rolleyes:

Riddikulus
06-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Really? I say it's more to make this game less healer-dependant... but that's just me.

Oh well, I guess you like to have to look for clerics.:rolleyes:
In that line of thought they could just extend the "world/tavern" healing out to all of the instances. It's slow enough that it would not adversely affect battles too much. It would certainly reduce the total dependence most groups have on having a cleric without affecting the "burst" healing capability that clerics bring to the table.

Borror0
06-28-2008, 11:04 AM
In that line of thought they could just extend the "world/tavern" healing out to all of the instances. It's slow enough that it would not adversely affect battles too much. It would certainly reduce the total dependence most groups have on having a cleric without affecting the "burst" healing capability that clerics bring to the table.

The problem is that it encourages standing around, which is not a very fun mechanic.

However, with the bubbles it encourages killing fast in combat to get the bubbles... which is more DDO-like. Also, the tavern area replentish SP... and we don't really want that, do we?

Twerpp
06-28-2008, 11:14 AM
I still like to play some Diablo now and then.

ArkoHighStar
06-28-2008, 11:15 AM
The problem is that it encourages standing around, which is not a very fun mechanic.

However, with the bubbles it encourages killing fast in combat to get the bubbles... which is more DDO-like. Also, the tavern area replentish SP... and we don't really want that, do we?

the problem is who gets the bubble? It might be worth it if you are doing solo play, but in a pug it becomes a race to get the bubble so now you have a new kind of player The bubble chaser.

Riddikulus
06-28-2008, 11:22 AM

Sure, replenish the SP, not a problem.

Actually you could double or triple the healing/sp regen rate, and/or make it x per player level to mitigate the "standing around" bit, just by making it regen only if you don't have a mob aggroed to you.

Then remove the rest shrines. :eek:

MrCow
06-28-2008, 11:38 AM

Only if you take a level of vampire. :p

GeneralDiomedes
06-28-2008, 11:49 AM
sure put the bubbles in but limit party size to 4.

5 out of 9 classes can raise
5 out of 9 classes can use healing wands
1 race can burst heal
2 out of 9 classes can natively burst heal
4 out of 9 classes can use Heal scrolls
4 out of 9 classes can heal
3 out of 9 classes can mass heal
2 out of 9 classes can repair
4 out of 9 classes can use repair wands
4 out of 9 classes can use Reconstruct scrolls

I mean .. this game has enough healing. Even in pd play, it seems like we hardly ever run with a cleric anymore. In regular play you should really only need a cleric for raids, and bubbles aren't going to help you on raids.

Borror0
06-28-2008, 11:50 AM
You don't ghet the point of an opinion, don't you?

As for the "Go play Diablo" comment. I love this game, it's the best game on the market. Doesn't mean it can't be improved!

Borror0
06-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I mean .. this game has enough healing. Even in pd play, it seems like we hardly ever run with a cleric anymore. In regular play you should really only need a cleric for raids, and bubbles aren't going to help you on raids.

Permadeath play only happens at low levels, where self-healing is available to all classes.

At higher level, the following won't cut it:

Wands
Potions
Non-Heal scrolls
Non-enhanced healing

That means that:

Cleric can heal.
Bards can heal (if spec'd for it) and most likely UMD scrolls.
Rogues can use scrolls. (If they have the gear.)
Sorcerers can use Heal scrolls. (If they have the gear.)
Warforfed arcanes can self-heal.
Sorcerers can use Reconstruct scrolls (and some cast it).
Wizards can cast Reconstruct and use scrolls of it.
Halflings can self-heal if they burnt three feats on dragonmarks.

To me, it's fairly limited.

Borror0
06-28-2008, 12:04 PM
the problem is who gets the bubble? It might be worth it if you are doing solo play, but in a pug it becomes a race to get the bubble so now you have a new kind of player The bubble chaser.

Stupid PuGs happen. Just boot 'em and and then add them to the list.

Sure, replenish the SP, not a problem.

Actually, it is. Imagine if every quest was like the part 5 of the Shroud. "Let's stand around and wait for the cleric to have more SPs."

Or worse"Guys, I'm not going any further. This quest is too expensive on me. I'm letting my SPs fill up."

Actually you could double or triple the healing/sp regen rate, and/or make it x per player level to mitigate the "standing around" bit, just by making it regen only if you don't have a mob aggroed to you.

Yes, but then you wouldn't change anything. People would still stand around letting their SPs fill up.

Anyway, the problem in this game is that mobs hit hard! A slow regen would sovle anything, actually.

Drwaz99
06-28-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm going to buy it. I've always been a Diablo fan. It'll be a fun alternative to fill the times when I just need a break from DDO. :)

GeneralDiomedes
06-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Permadeath play only happens at low levels, where self-healing is available to all classes.

PD plays mostly mid level actually, 8-11 range I would say.

Now I do play high level quests non-pd, which don't really need clerics either IMO. Sure they are nice, but really only necessary for raids, and even then for certain raids (and even then the odd all ranger or rogue group could probably do it).

*big list*

To me, it's fairly limited.

That's basically my list without Paladins. For non-raid play everything you mention is good enough. You are asking to turn damage into a mere inconvenience, and turn DDO into a console game. BTW Diablo III looks exactly like a medieval version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

Borror0
06-28-2008, 12:37 PM
PD plays mostly mid level actually.

Up to level 10, slef-healing is fine. I doubt you're going much higher than that.

I do play high level quests solo and non-pd, which don't really need clerics either IMO. Sure they are nice, but really only necessary for raids, and even then for certain raids

Do Running with the Devils Elite, without wizard, sorcerer and clerics... come back to me after with a screenshot.

(and even then the odd all ranger or rogue group could probably do it).

An all rogue or all ranger group is better suited than an all fighter, barbarian, paladin, monk group. And if you start doing mixes, without a cleric, the healing will probably be running short. Of course, if you're caster kites everything he can do it. But there, he is soloing the dungeon for you more than anything... and you're probably just in his way.

You are asking to turn recovery into a mere inconvenience, and turn DDO into a console game.

So, you've never read the complaints about the game being healer dependant, right?

Can you pull it off without an healer, yes you can. It's not standard and I doubt many PuGs could pull it. I'll take Madstone Craters for an example. I did it on my warchanter this week, something like four-five times. Even in the best group (guild group), we had to back off so we could stay healed. At higher level, all that a fighter/ranger/barbarian/monk can do to stay healed is drink potions... unless he got UMD. Potions don't cut it at higher level, so without healer you pretty much got one HP bar for each encounter.

moorewr
06-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Well at least you get that part, and you said it not me.

You think all Borro can do is whine?? Ever looked at his Wiki (http://ddo.enterwiki.net)? That's a lot of love put into something for DDO. I think you owe him an apology.

Borror0
06-28-2008, 01:43 PM
You think all Borro can do is whine?? Ever looked at his Wiki (http://ddo.enterwiki.net)? That's a lot of love put into something for DDO. I think you owe him an apology.

You see the new wiki's Recent Change page for today.:D Huge.

Borror0
06-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Well at least you get that part, and you said it not me.

Can you at leats explain me, so maybe I may reach your SUPERIOR level of intelligence, please?
Or is it too much for me to handle?

croger1520033
06-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Can you at leats explain me, so maybe I may reach your SUPERIOR level of intelligence, please?
Or is it too much for me to handle?

LOL! You make this too easy and I will apologize when you normal forum goers quit whining about how every class should be equal and that this game should add bubbles... then I will apologize.

For what you ask.

For not coming in here sooner and giving you a taste of your own medicine.

Borror0
06-28-2008, 01:57 PM
When you normal forum goers quit whining about how every class should be equal.

First, you're not explaining me what I don't get... do you don't get it too?! :eek:

Secondly, why is it not important if class aren't of equivalent power?

Sefuss
06-29-2008, 12:56 PM
That looks pretty sweet. Something to do when not playing ddo. So, someone said 2010. Is that the release date, if anyone knows.

Shyver
06-29-2008, 02:43 PM
That looks pretty sweet. Something to do when not playing ddo. So, someone said 2010. Is that the release date, if anyone knows.

Heh heh, no i was joking on the release date. Blizzard said they don't have a release date in order to bring the best product on the market. But looking at Blizzards history of an unveiling of a new product and actual release there is a LONG time between the two. So I was joking when i said 2010, but I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being true.

GeneralDiomedes
06-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Up to level 10, slef-healing is fine. I doubt you're going much higher than that.

So, it's not possible to solo past level 10?

Do Running with the Devils Elite, without wizard, sorcerer and clerics... come back to me after with a screenshot.

Now you are twisting the words, I said clerics were not needed except for some raids. I didn't say every quest in the game could be done with all melee groups. My point is that you can adjust your tactics to deal with not having unlimited burst healing.

So, you've never read the complaints about the game being healer dependant, right?[

Does that mean we have to turn this into an Xbox game?

Potions don't cut it at higher level, so without healer you pretty much got one HP bar for each encounter.

Funny, that's exactly what your bubbles would do. You would have to survive the encounter to get one, and if you noticed in the video, they didn't go into your inventory, they had immediate effect. Might as well sell Heal pots, and we know how where that debate is going to end up.

Borror0
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
So, it's not possible to solo past level 10?

-_- Nitpicking, aren't ya?

Depending on the class and the player, yes. Obviously, some can, some can't.

Now you are twisting the words, I said clerics were not needed except for some raids. I didn't say every quest in the game could be done with all melee groups. My point is that you can adjust your tactics to deal with not having unlimited burst healing.

Exactly my point, adjust your tactics to complete Running with the Devil Elite.

Does that mean we have to turn this into an Xbox game?

How would it turn the game into a Xbox game?

Funny, that's exactly what your bubbles would do. You would have to survive the encounter to get one, and if you noticed in the video, they didn't go into your inventory, they had immediate effect.

I know they take effect immediatly, that's the cool part of it.

And no, that is not one HP bar per fight. If you drop a mob, a bubble will drop. Whoever picks it up gets healed. Allows burst healing in the middle of the fight without needing one character to stand back and heal everyone. See my point now?

Babidi
07-01-2008, 08:21 AM
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/01/diablo-far-done-deal