PDA

View Full Version : Warforged and Monks

Arleon
06-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Does the Warforged's Composite Plating prevent them from being centered for monk abilities? I'm thinking yes, since it's considered light armor. Maybe Turbine can add the Unarmored Body feat, from Races of Eberron for you PnP players. Kind of curious if anyone has played around much with a warforged monk.

MrCow
06-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Composite Body does not uncenter a Warforged. They can use it as a monk with no penalty.

orcbanian
07-01-2008, 07:35 PM
...Which actually gives them a bit of a boost since fleshies get no armor bonus and Wf get a +2 armor bonus. Of course, Blackwidow Bracers make this a moot point fairly quickly if you can get them.

Ghoste
07-01-2008, 07:37 PM
...Which actually gives them a bit of a boost since fleshies get no armor bonus and Wf get a +2 armor bonus. Of course, Blackwidow Bracers make this a moot point fairly quickly if you can get them.
Until the warforged monk gets a +5 docent, for +7 total...

Rickpa
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Well +2 composite plating, and +2 docent equals Black Widow Bracers minus grinding Water Works.

Rickpa
07-08-2008, 10:52 AM
I have to say, at level 9, my warforged monk is amazing!

Strakeln
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
My WF monk (with one splash of wiz) is pretty sick. Almost level 15 now, have about 25 different screenshots with him running around with 5 soulstones in his pocket :D

Having the shield spell, stoneskin/blur/repair/resist NRG wands available really helps make him quite solid.

Atax
07-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Warforged - +2 plating, +6 docent (Docent of the claw), +2chaosgarde
Fleshy - +4 Icy Raiment, +8 [rr] Armor Bracers

Result: Warforged start with a +2 AC advantage and end with a -2 AC disadvantage.

I only included chest & bracers because everything else is interchangeable with fleshies and warforged. I wouldn't mention bracers except, obviously, icy raiment and armored bracers is a better choice than chaosgarde & icy raiment.

hu-flung-pu
08-04-2008, 03:14 AM

Result: Warforged start with a +2 AC advantage and end with a -2 AC disadvantage.

I only included chest & bracers because everything else is interchangeable with fleshies and warforged. I wouldn't mention bracers except, obviously, icy raiment and armored bracers is a better choice than chaosgarde & icy raiment.

Where would you rather have the trade off?

AT the begining of the game where you're weak and frail?

Or at the end of the game where you're a super powered god who can cover a -2 penalty with the downing of a potion?

Angelus_dead
08-04-2008, 03:23 AM

Wrong. At level 1 both kinds of monk have 4 AC from Black Widow Bracers or potions. Warforged start at a +0 and proceed to a -6 AC penalty; -2 because of inferior gear, -1 from lower wisdom, -2 from lower dex, and -1 from bigger size.

Angelus_dead
08-04-2008, 03:24 AM
AT the begining of the game where you're weak and frail?

Or at the end of the game where you're a super powered god who can cover a -2 penalty with the downing of a potion?
That way of thinking is precisely backwards.

You should care about relative power mostly at the end of the game when things actually matter, not at the beginning when everything is easy.

hu-flung-pu
08-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Because in the given situation a +/- of 2 is game breaking right?

Uska
08-04-2008, 04:55 AM
no compostie is fine