PDA

View Full Version : Best quests to collect ritual collectables?

adamkatt
06-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I there a guide for this? Example which quest is best for silver flame hymal. Id like to do/and or test these rituals out but dont know where to find the corrosponding ingredients.

nochipatzin
06-25-2008, 06:06 AM
I there a guide for this? Example which quest is best for silver flame hymal. Id like to do/and or test these rituals out but dont know where to find the corrosponding ingredients.

Funerary token´s in catacums :)

adamkatt
06-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Funerary tokenĀ“s in catacums :)

Reheheheally? Spank you! Spank you very much!

Arianrhod
06-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Depending on whether you want to run whole quests with a lot, or just do short ones with one, there are different options.

For short quests with specific stuff:
Miller's Debt cabinet has a good chance of giving one of the dusts (such as sparkling or luminescent)
Healing Elixir has a 3 bookshelf/alchemy tables at the end with a decent chance of giving Vials of Pure water
Tangleroot series has a bookshelf near the beginning that produces various document types, including Silver Flame Hymnals.

For longer quests with lots of stuff - Heart Tombs in the Necropolis have lots of market collectibles (such as the Dusts)
Harbor quests for harbor collectibles (such as Tome:Prohecies of Khyber - look for bookshelves or Adventurer packs)
Market quests for market collectibles (such as luminescent dust - bookshelves and cabinets, generally)
House quests for house collectibles (such as Lightning-split Soarwood; try piles uf rubble)

Not sure about the other outdoor zones (haven't spent much time in them since patch), but Three-barrel Cove creatures seem to drop all kinds of collectibles (mostly the Market category, IIRC), so might be worth running around there a bit as well - preferably with a weapon that doesn't destroy corpses, since that can make the collectibles harder to find.

adamkatt
06-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Depending on whether you want to run whole quests with a lot, or just do short ones with one, there are different options.

For short quests with specific stuff:
Miller's Debt cabinet has a good chance of giving one of the dusts (such as sparkling or luminescent)
Healing Elixir has a 3 bookshelf/alchemy tables at the end with a decent chance of giving Vials of Pure water
Tangleroot series has a bookshelf near the beginning that produces various document types, including Silver Flame Hymnals.

For longer quests with lots of stuff - Heart Tombs in the Necropolis have lots of market collectibles (such as the Dusts)
Harbor quests for harbor collectibles (such as Tome:Prohecies of Khyber - look for bookshelves or Adventurer packs)
Market quests for market collectibles (such as luminescent dust - bookshelves and cabinets, generally)
House quests for house collectibles (such as Lightning-split Soarwood; try piles uf rubble)

Not sure about the other outdoor zones (haven't spent much time in them since patch), but Three-barrel Cove creatures seem to drop all kinds of collectibles (mostly the Market category, IIRC), so might be worth running around there a bit as well - preferably with a weapon that doesn't destroy corpses, since that can make the collectibles harder to find.

Thanks for the great info!

Turial
06-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Try the collectable piles in Prove your Worth in 3BC for silver flame hymnals.

adamkatt
06-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Try the collectable piles in Prove your Worth in 3BC for silver flame hymnals.

Not familiar with this quest, is it relativily fast to get to these piles? Atm i have been grinding low lvl to solo for colectables with some success. But i am looking for speedy runs.

adamkatt
06-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Sigh, got my armor and shield upgraded. Took a couple days. Then i see none of it works. Then i read the known issues again... DOHETH!!!! Well at least the force crit ritual works!

QuantumFX
06-27-2008, 12:28 AM
So Far:

STK part 2 and the helmet side quest generate a lot of dust collectibles

Delara's is good for Funerary tokens off of the skeletons

Any quest with kobolds/trogs will get you the Prayer beads

Harbor quests are good for vials of pure water.

Tangleroot is good for hymnals.

Alexander_Illusioni
07-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Any specific quests recommended for lightning soarwood to drop in? Threnal seemed ok, was hoping there were something shorter one could run. Thanks

Arianrhod
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Any specific quests recommended for lightning soarwood to drop in? Threnal seemed ok, was hoping there were something shorter one could run. Thanks

I think Soarwood is most likely to be found in piles of rubble and maybe adventurer packs (in House quests). Might try Forgotten Caverns? It's fairly short and might have a couple spots for that sort of thing. Probably any of the Depths quests or Everfull Flagon quests would be good candidates. Possibly also Rest for the Restless & Caged Trolls. Just check out the shorter House quests, and see which ones have the right kinds of nodes in them.

shells74
07-05-2008, 05:04 PM

Ive had some good luck in TR part 6. Where you meet the first mob of bugbears there is a passage to the right with a spider. Ive collected 3 there in the last day and that was in about 20 runs.
Good luck :)

marcosoneghett
07-08-2008, 10:34 AM
- Run TR for Flame Hymns and Soarwoods
- Run STK and Helms for Dusts and beads
- Run Deleras; Tapestry runs, Catacombs, Desert (undead part) for Funerary Tokens
- Run Healing Exilir for Water

And dont forget colectibles are still dropping in the raids so they might be used on rituals later. :)

Cendaer
07-10-2008, 12:49 AM

I pulled a lightning split soarwood today from the bookshelf by the last chest in "Fane of the Six" of the Cult of the Six series.

Side
07-17-2008, 09:04 PM
the best location to get all types of dusts is Enemy Within in house J. Right by the two shrines there are rooms on either side, one has 4 tables to grab and the other has 5. I only farm for what I use, and only buy if it's reasonable from the ah. I shared this info in game (tell) with a guy who asked and now see select dusts on the ah for stupid prices,,,hmmm go figure.

Steiner-Davion
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I have some information listed in my New & Improved Definitive Collectables Thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=155251) and I'm working on filling in the rest of the information regarding good places to find Crafting Ritual collectables.

Jackoftrades
08-11-2008, 05:47 PM
three quick possible drops in 'Search for the Rare Scrolls' qst...tap all three mushrooms...finish out,,,,wait 5...repeat....goth the required 12 pretty quick

Gratch
08-14-2008, 02:37 PM
I got all the dusts I needed from 5 runs of Redfang the Unruled. 9 or so collectible spots in it.

nochipatzin
08-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Ive had some good luck in TR part 6. Where you meet the first mob of bugbears there is a passage to the right with a spider. Ive collected 3 there in the last day and that was in about 20 runs.
Good luck :)

TR???? :(

Steiner-Davion
08-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Tangleroot Gorge, is a out door area off of House Phairlan, and there is a rather long quest chain associated with it.

nochipatzin
08-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Tangleroot Gorge, is a out door area off of House Phairlan, and there is a rather long quest chain associated with it.

Thx :)

SlipperyPete
08-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Prayer beads drop from Stealthy Repossession by the dozens. Finish quest and then kill all the kobolds or just kill all the kolbolds from the get go.

As mentioned earlier, use melee to kill so the bodies don't disintegrate and collectibles are left behind.

MrCow
09-15-2008, 10:23 PM
If Lightning-Split Soarwood is the prime collectible you want then grab a partner and do Caged Trolls. There is an alchemy table about 10 seconds into the quest (in the room just past the first door) which can drop Soarwoods. Simply run in, hit the lever (an AC around 30 should suffice if you are killing nothing) grab the alchemy table collectable, run back out, drop group, reform, and repeat. This should take about 25 seconds per attempt with fairly low loading times, about 18 seconds if you dimension door from the alchemy table. Its the fastest way to get Lightning-Split Soarwood that I know of.

Just be warned, it will get very tedious.

Edit: If you don't mind adding an extra 10 seconds to each run you can also snag the bookshelf for possible silver flame hymnals, which resides up the ladder and towards the door that leads to the Emerald Claw's treasure room.

Lillitheris
09-17-2008, 05:51 AM
I've been running some Phiarlan quests, specifically:

Purge the Heretics (1 rubble)
Rest for the Restless (1 rubble)
Caged Trolls (1 alchemy table and 1 bookshelf)
The Church and the Cult (1 bookshelf, 1 rubble and 1 cabinet)
= 7 total nodes

It takes around 5 minutes, so by the time I'm finished with the old Vamp quest I can do it again right away.

Granted, MrCow's strategy is much faster if you manage to get someone to run with. I tend to solo the abovementioned run when there's nothing else going on.

Cold_Stele
09-18-2008, 05:29 AM
Dust seems to only drop in first cabinet of Redfang, 30 seconds into quest.

Run, exit, reform and run again - not worth doing rest of the quest.

Cursed Crypt (or whatever the one with Jinx's Vexation and Scourge Choker is) was dropping LOTS of Silver Flame Hymnals in the two long Silver Flame barracks rooms (go figure).

All my party were pulling several of them each run.

kingfisher
09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
5 pure H20's in 3 healing elixir runs today. over before it started really.

The_Phenx
09-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Thernal West 3 for soarwoods
Icy Undead quest in house J has 12 alchemy tables for soarwoods
Von 1 rubble pile on right just ebfore the ready room key slot for soarwoods
Tangleroot Part 6 for the various musroom types, and hymnals
Baudrys part1 mushroom on the right... just as you walk in for feverblanch
Redfang for dusts
Haling Elixr for water

SqtYork
09-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Don't use elemental weapons or you will destroy any collectibles left on the corpses.

QuantumFX
09-25-2008, 05:41 PM

I really, really, like hitting the first rooms in Caged Trolls and then zerging part 5 of Tangleroot. Gets you some good chances at Hymnals and Lightning Split Soarwood.

dmjones217
10-08-2008, 08:15 PM
According to:

http://ddo.mmodb.com/quests/silver-flame-hymnals-37.php

Silver Flame Hymnals will drop (randomly, amongst other collectibles of course, as in *rarely* lol) at the cabinets, bookshelves, or corpses of:

Aboard the Sea Witch
Delera's Antechamber
Delera's Tomb: Free Delera
Delera's Tomb: The Missing Party
Scoundrel'sRun
The Sanctuary: Part One
The Sanctuary: Part Two

I can also confirm, having pulled just 1 hymnal out of about a dozen tries each over the last 2 days now, that in addition to the above that indeed TR and Mirra's Sleepless Nights (Parthiclar Tower) also can work. In the Mirra's quest, the adventure pack in this case, is in the shallow water, just to the left of the Iron Golems, which remain behind forcefields.

The above website database is an excellent resource, for every quest, item, collectable, etc., having already made this wheel so to speak, but it will be nice to have a dedicated list on our forums like the others.

To avoid tedium, I like to switch between Mirra's, TR, and now I'll be trying the Sanctuary and maybe the Sea Witch.

Cheers,

DMJones having fun as Lavaedia, SunStormWar, Saeriak, Solaere, Saeria, Archaeos, Slaedge, Vaelon, Traesar, Daerius

Garth_of_Sarlona
10-08-2008, 10:35 PM
The best place for Silver Flame Hymnals is 'Caged Trolls'. Run in, run past the three dudes, open the door, up the ladder and then head West until you hit a Bookshelf - it drops silver flame hymnals at approx 20% probability. Recall out and reset quest - helps if you have a friend to run this with.

Kobold Prayer Beads can be obtained in large quantities from the Kobolds in 'Kobold Assault' but make sure you use something that doesn't destroy bodies (Blade Barrier is my favorite).

Best place for Pure Water is 'Defend Haverdasher' - again, best with a friend so you can reset the quest easily. It's a 20% drop rate again.

Best for Sparkling Dust and Luminescent Dust is 'The Miller's Debt' - they drop at approx 5% and 2% probablilty since the Cabinet drops from two separate collactable buckets. This is a good solo run since it's faster to complete the quest than reset with a friend.

There is no 'good' place for Lightning Split Soarwoods. All the collectable nodes that drop these also drop from many other buckets, and since Lightning is already only a 10% drop from its own bucket, it normally ends up being less than 2-3% chance at a given node. Best to combine Lightning runs with other things e.g. the Bookshelf on the way to the Res Ring in Shrieking Mines is popular, or you can also get Lightning from many of the Necropolis tomb series of quests. If anyone finds a reliable place to farm Lightning Split Soarwoods then please let me know.

marcosoneghett (http://forums.ddo.com/member.php?u=113331) and I are busily updating a spreadsheet here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pxQYsN4CFHjhKC6jhAOGsWg) with all the locations we find stuff - it's slowly becoming very comprehensive.

Garth

MrCow
10-09-2008, 08:21 AM
The best place for Silver Flame Hymnals is 'Caged Trolls'. Run in, run past the three dudes, open the door, up the ladder and then head West until you hit a Bookshelf

There is no 'good' place for Lightning Split Soarwoods.

If Caged Trolls is the good spot for Silver Flame Hymnals, wouldn't Caged Trolls be the spot for Lightning Split Soarwood as well, considering you pass a node that may contain it on the way?

jddonkeykong
10-09-2008, 08:39 AM
the first depths quest in house d, there are two rubble piles i run in hit the 2 rubbles piles kill teh trog to finish quest and reset total time about 1 min 30 seconds, i recently pulled a lightening split from each pile on the same run.

also i notice everyone talking about not destroying mobs or you can"t get your collectible....if the body disintergrates
just stand next to where it died hit back space then the "U" as in use key and you can pick up anything that was dropped.

Garth_of_Sarlona
10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
If Caged Trolls is the good spot for Silver Flame Hymnals, wouldn't Caged Trolls be the spot for Lightning Split Soarwood as well, considering you pass a node that may contain it on the way?

yup that's true - but I'm still trying to find a Soarwood drop that doesn't drop from a few more buckets too - the one in the main room of Caged Trolls drops from three different collecatble buckets so that brings the % of a lightning split to around 1-2% - not bad but it's kinda a dull way to spend an evening.

Garth