PDA

View Full Version : vote for yes/no q's for tomes!

gysot89
06-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I have recently been looting some +2 tomes, while this is good new for me i have accidentaly eaten then b/c my mouse is touchy or i hit the wrong button etc. i believe there should be a "are you sure you want to use this ________ tome" to avoid the acidental eating of tomes wanted otherwise.

tomes i have accidentaly eaten
2 +2 strength
1 +2 intel
1 +2 con
2 +1 strength
1 +1 con

Aesop
06-23-2008, 10:16 PM
sure why not I think its better than "gulp... oops"

Aesop

Strakeln
06-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Saved a +2 wisdom tome for months to give to a buddy when he came back (he loves clerics). He finally came back and my sorc gobbled it down.

DaveyCrockett
06-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Other than the fact that you don't eat tomes, you read them - I agree with the OP

Thrudh
06-23-2008, 10:50 PM
I have recently been looting some +2 tomes, while this is good new for me i have accidentaly eaten then b/c my mouse is touchy or i hit the wrong button etc. i believe there should be a "are you sure you want to use this ________ tome" to avoid the acidental eating of tomes wanted otherwise.

2 +2 strength
1 +2 intel
1 +2 con
2 +1 strength
1 +1 con

I think it would be a good idea to put in that dialogue box... I also think you need to be a bit more careful... That's a LOT of tomes to eat accidently... I did it once.... and have never done it since.

MageLL
06-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Yes

ps. thats alot of tomes to have accidently eaten.

jkm
06-23-2008, 11:11 PM
i've eaten 3 since mod 7 came out. i think that the right click autoattack is effecting the left click select (so that when you are clicking something it double clicks). it isn't just tomes though, its pots too (though they aren't nearly as valuable as the tome).

gysot89
06-23-2008, 11:25 PM
idk how i've read so much but somehow my computer/keyboard/mouse managed it and its getting realy annoying, swiched out mouse so hopefuly that will help out alot

Dariuss
06-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Seriously, you've accidentally eaten FOUR +2 tomes?!

Honestly I'm not sure if a confirmation button is going to help you man...

Samadhi
06-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Seriously, you've accidentally eaten FOUR +2 tomes?!

Honestly I'm not sure if a confirmation button is going to help you man...

/signed - we need less confirmation boxes and more awareness from players - can we remove some of the confirmations that we have added?

Allice
06-24-2008, 12:07 AM
/signed

Uska
06-24-2008, 12:23 AM
yes to a confirm for tomes havent eaten one by accident myself but see how it could happen

GlassCannon
06-24-2008, 01:43 AM
*Click* drag... darn thing... move...

*Click* *Buff noise* WHAT!? ... OH D()*!@^ IT! F*(!^ D!@*( S*(&! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH.... stupid lag spike.

DasLurch
06-24-2008, 02:52 AM

2 +2 strength
1 +2 intel
1 +2 con
2 +1 strength
1 +1 con

I agree with you, but also think that you should lay off the jolt cola abit as well :) I'd be crying if I used that many tomes by accident because your oops list is longer than my pulled list.

Lorien_the_First_One
06-24-2008, 05:36 AM

2 +2 strength
1 +2 intel
1 +2 con
2 +1 strength
1 +1 con

lmao, how can you possibly have been clumsy that much? I've never read one accidentally, but yes, I handle them with extreme care and a y/n wouldn't hurt.

Aesop
06-24-2008, 05:44 AM
lmao, how can you possibly have been clumsy that much? I've never read one accidentally, but yes, I handle them with extreme care and a y/n wouldn't hurt.

Buggy MOuse does it... I just bought a new one because I drank far too many Elixirs do to a worn out Left Mouse Button

Aesop

gysot89
06-24-2008, 11:04 AM
:Dyea buggy mouse was prolly what did it and quite honestly, just run the vale quests on hard or elite for 2 or 3 days and i could get a couple of +2 tomes easy so its not the end of the world that i lost all of em. and 1 time 1 wouldnt move so i clicked it a couple times and accidentaly read it.... i still want yes/no questions for the tomes :D

Kargon
06-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Other than the fact that you don't eat tomes, you read them - I agree with the OP

Kargon definatamally eat them. Almost as good as tasty ham, with ketchup.

rimble
06-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Sure, why not? That also might be a convenient place to remind you if you've used a tome on that ability before.

Thelmallen
06-24-2008, 02:34 PM
I did this once on my very first looted +2 tome that I had finally gotten after 2 years of playing the game. Inadvertent mouse click when trying to send it to another character and ooops--+2 con tome sent into the ether, consumed by a character who had used a +2 con tome from 1750 favor. I tried to get the DM to reverse it so I could use it on the character intended, told them it was an honest mistake and they said (paraphrase): tough shizzle, players are responsible for their own actions honest mistake or not take it or leave it not my problem. I nearly quit the game over that, not just the frustration of losing a tome I had waited 2 years to get but the indifference of the DMs. We pay to play this game, you would think they would be more understanding but I guess not.

Garth_of_Sarlona
06-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I think would make more (RP) sense to have a long 'spell casting time' that happens while you're reading the tome (maybe with a percentage bar like the recall/logout button) that is interrupted by movement.

Then it feels like you're actually 'reading the book' as well as giving you a period where you can cancel by moving.

Garth

Do'Urden
06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
I think would make more (RP) sense to have a long 'spell casting time' that happens while you're reading the tome (maybe with a percentage bar like the recall/logout button) that is interrupted by movement.

Then it feels like you're actually 'reading the book' as well as giving you a period where you can cancel by moving.

Garth

That's actually a genius suggestion lol. Make them like a rest shrine with the interrupt timer except I want the animation to be like the meditating monk and a little *DING* when you're finished ;)

ArkoHighStar
06-24-2008, 03:29 PM

thats cause Kargon can't read so he must ingest the knowledge:D

sparkling_diamond_l
06-24-2008, 03:49 PM
/signed

I agree with you 100%. I too have a touchy mouse and have used things in game that I was only trying to move or trade. It really sucks. :(

gysot89
06-25-2008, 11:28 AM
that would also work =P

tihocan
06-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Agree. Also, preventing us from using tomes we don't benefit from would be a nice improvement.

Eladrin
06-25-2008, 05:52 PM
I'll be adding an interruptible timer to the consumption of stat tomes.

Tanka
06-25-2008, 06:17 PM
On the topic of interruptible timers: How about one for /death, eh?

Angelus_dead
06-25-2008, 06:48 PM
A yes/no dialog box would seem better. But a nice long "reading" emote wouldn't be amiss.

On the subject of interruptible timers: Power Attack and Extend Spell shouldn't have them...

ahpook
06-25-2008, 09:37 PM

Dont listen to A_D, the timer has much nicer feel to it. Thanks Eladrin!

Aesop
06-25-2008, 10:46 PM

Muchas Gracias El

johnyBgood
06-25-2008, 11:14 PM
er, I accidently ate my mouse pad once, dont know what to do about that

tenga
06-26-2008, 12:39 AM
/signed - we need less confirmation boxes and more awareness from players - can we remove some of the confirmations that we have added?

perfect example of why i have the sig i have.

personally, /signed.. i agree with the op

Ransacked
06-26-2008, 08:35 AM
i've eaten 3 since mod 7 came out. i think that the right click autoattack is effecting the left click select (so that when you are clicking something it double clicks). it isn't just tomes though, its pots too (though they aren't nearly as valuable as the tome).

So it's not just me who thinks their mouse has been taken over by evil double clicking spirits?

MrCow
06-26-2008, 08:42 AM
So it's not just me who thinks their mouse has been taken over by evil double clicking spirits?

If DDO had Spirit Shamen as a class then we could verify this with ease. However, until then, you will probably have to wait for DDO to implement Artificers so that your mouse can be fixed mid-quest. :)

Thanks Eladrin. I know a few people who will find this change useful (including myself).

JTsays
06-26-2008, 08:46 AM

nom nom nom

Tomes no....well not yet.

Mana pots.....oh yeah, always when trying to move 'em around.

Sue_Dark
06-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Will the tome be lost if the timer is interrupted?

How about a go/no-go criteria. Game checks when you double click and if you've used a +1 before, will not allow you to use another +1 of the same attribute. That would completely prevent the accidental multiple tome thing from happening. Combine with interruptable timer and there should be no more questions. If you dont get a timer bar, you've used one already. If you do get a bar, you havent used one, hope you meant to use that one!

Sue_Dark
06-26-2008, 08:53 AM
/signed

I agree with you 100%. I too have a touchy mouse and have used things in game that I was only trying to move or trade. It really sucks. :(

Mouse sensitivity can be adjusted both in game and outside. It might help in this case.

DrAwkward
06-26-2008, 09:44 AM
/signed

I had a bad mouse, and was trying to mail a wisdom tome to my cleric. My wizard now has a 7 wisdom.

oogly54
06-26-2008, 09:53 AM
That's actually a genius suggestion lol. Make them like a rest shrine with the interrupt timer except I want the animation to be like the meditating monk and a little *DING* when you're finished ;)

AND A LIGHT BULB!!! We need a Stinkin Light Bulb! (we are learning from reading here right? An AHHH HAA momment!

Razvan
06-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Will the tome be lost if the timer is interrupted?

How about a go/no-go criteria. Game checks when you double click and if you've used a +1 before, will not allow you to use another +1 of the same attribute. That would completely prevent the accidental multiple tome thing from happening. Combine with interruptable timer and there should be no more questions. If you dont get a timer bar, you've used one already. If you do get a bar, you havent used one, hope you meant to use that one!

Logically, a person of sane reasoning would assume that the tome DOES NOT GET EATEN if the timer is interrupted...but whatever...

And for the second part....Open your char sheet, hover your mouse over the stat you want to eat the tome for...if it says +1 inherit then DO NOT EAT THAT +1 tome...+2 tomes are good and +3 tomes are good, BUT NOT +1!

There, problem solved!

Kalari
06-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks Eldarin I posted in another thread abit ago about my poor mage reading a str tome she was planning on selling just trying to take it out of the bank to put in her backpack. Since then ive been careful but that addition would rock.