PDA

View Full Version : Speculation on the most recent patches?

Mockduck
06-23-2008, 07:39 PM
So far at least I haven't seen anything that has any info on what's been changed in the two most recent patches. Anyone seeing anything in-game that looks or seems to be acting different? I'd like to be able to let people know about what's been in the recent patches but so far seem to be out of luck.

I ran the subterranean last night and had significantly less lag than the time before. Maybe they've done something there, or maybe it was just a better Internet night on my end.

Any speculation?

Guildmaster_Kadish
06-23-2008, 07:45 PM
One was to fix the chat servers, which had been bugging out quite a lot. I haven't seen the no-guild-chat-no-general-chat bug since the patch, so it seems to be working.

Angelus_dead
06-23-2008, 08:00 PM
So far at least I haven't seen anything that has any info on what's been changed in the two most recent patches.
They have changed the loading screen.

No really, they did.

Impaqt
06-23-2008, 08:01 PM
The First "Patch" was an upgrade to the chat portion of the game engine. It was announced. Yesterday was just a Maintinance. It was not a game patch at all.

MageLL
06-23-2008, 08:06 PM
The First "Patch" was an upgrade to the chat portion of the game engine. It was announced. Yesterday was just a Maintinance. It was not a game patch at all.

Agreed, nothing got downloaded. Typically I notice when Turbine does only maintance the forums and game servers are offline. A good way to confirm that before-hand would be to see if there is a similar announcment on the LOTRO or AC forums for the same time.