PDA

View Full Version : Not all pre-reqs are listed on our feats!

dwelsh99
06-22-2008, 05:03 PM
After spending months working on a dex-based 2 weapon fighter. When it cam time to select 'Greater 2 Weapon Fighting', I could not select it. According to what I could see I had meet my pre-reqs (Improved 2 Weapon Fighting, Dex 17 and BAB +11). I have meet these and still could not select 'Greater 2 Weapon Fighting'

After contacting the GM, I am told I need a 17 STR, why wasnt this mentioned in the pre-reqs!

I did nothing but waste time on this character. I cannot reach my planned goals.

dragnmoon
06-22-2008, 05:06 PM
After spending months working on a dex-based 2 weapon fighter. When it cam time to select 'Greater 2 Weapon Fighting', I could not select it. According to what I could see I had meet my pre-reqs (Improved 2 Weapon Fighting, Dex 17 and BAB +11). I have meet these and still could not select 'Greater 2 Weapon Fighting'

After contacting the GM, I am told I need a 17 STR, why wasnt this mentioned in the pre-reqs!

I did nothing but waste time on this character. I cannot reach my planned goals.

GM is wrong... You do not need a 17 str for Greater 2 Weapon Fighting... The only 2 weapon feat that has a str pre req is oversized 2 weapon fighting which needs a 12 str.

What level is your fighter?... you sure you have the BaB +11?

Impaqt
06-22-2008, 05:08 PM
GM is wrong... You do not need a 17 str for Greater 2 Weapon Fighting... The only 2 weapon feat that has a str pre req is oversized 2 weapon fighting which needs a 12 str.

What level is your fighter?... you sure you have the BaB +11?

QFT.

Are you trying to Respec into Greater 2wf or are you taking it at L11+ as one of your feats? if your Respecing, you must repsec a feat that you took after you hit the requirements.

dwelsh99
06-22-2008, 05:10 PM
The GM told me that a STR 17 was needed, because players would get the feat, and then drop the STR. And still able to keep the feat. Now of course, I took it the theose Stat requirements were based off your base stat, without items or enhancements.

So I asked him how someone could lower thier STR, if this was the case. He could not answer me, and told me to post it here.

dwelsh99
06-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Impact - you may have hit my problem.

Thank you.

I knew i had to be something like that.

dragnmoon
06-22-2008, 05:13 PM
The GM told me that a STR 17 was needed, because players would get the feat, and then drop the STR. And still able to keep the feat. Now of course, I took it the theose Stat requirements were based off your base stat, without items or enhancements.

So I asked him how someone could lower thier STR, if this was the case. He could not answer me, and told me to post it here.

Once Again.. the GM was wrong.... It happens.. And all pre reqs are based on Base Stats before enhancment items.

There is another reason you can't get it... but it is not because of your Str

dragnmoon
06-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Impact - you may have hit my problem.

Thank you.

I knew i had to be something like that.

Yeah..if you a Re Specing you need to do it in the correct order...