PDA

View Full Version : Experience results are in, now, put loot everywhere.

Venar
06-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Some GOOD (as in: yes, i will use it) named loot have been added to the game. The Gloves in Offering of Blood, and the Outfit in Ghost of Perdition, for exemple.
And behold!!, now players are running those quest! They have joined the rank of PoP, Cursed Crypt, Twilight Forge, Pit, Xorian Cypher and other quest that are ran for loot. Awesome.

Now, since the experience proved succesfull, how about you spread more good loot in every quest in the game? Or take existing loot and fix them to become decent.

I still find it funny to have nice loot in Redwillow, Xorian, and Deleras, but squat in so many other House D quest, for exemple.

Angelus_dead
06-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Some GOOD (as in: yes, i will use it) named loot have been added to the game. The Gloves in Offering of Blood, and the Outfit in Ghost of Perdition, for exemple.
And behold!!, now players are running those quest! They have joined the rank of PoP, Cursed Crypt, Twilight Forge, Pit, Xorian Cypher and other quest that are ran for loot.
It's not as if Ghosts of Perdition wasn't looted before. What's changed is that previously you'd have 3 clerics + 3 sorcs doing it. Now you have 3 clerics + 3 sorcs doing it, and they all switch to rangers or monks before opening the chest.

As for Vulkor Spiral: the fact that level 16 characters are sacking the chests from this level 11 quest is not a good thing. That they're getting named loot which is superior to competing named loot from module 4 and module 5 is even worse.

Tanka
06-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Er, Twilight Forge isn't run for loot. It's run to get to Twilight Forge Core (The Titan Awakes) so you can get some pretty killer raid loot out of it.

(And before people say that the Titan raid loot is garbage, let me put it this way: People put up with **** like the Battle Coin because they can get stuff like the Belt of Brute Strength, Seven Fingered Gloves or Chattering Ring. The rest of the raid loot is just filler.)

Venar
06-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Isn't there a greater construct bane mace in the run?

Tanka
06-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Yes, but it's at the very very end of the quest.

People don't loot run it just for that mace. It'd be a rather silly waste of time when you can get better loot out of, say, TbF Elite.

Draiden
06-23-2008, 09:43 AM

Yes, and it has adamantine on it as well. It's a great weapon... adoryn's malice.

Draiden
06-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Er, Twilight Forge isn't run for loot. It's run to get to Twilight Forge Core (The Titan Awakes) so you can get some pretty killer raid loot out of it.

(And before people say that the Titan raid loot is garbage, let me put it this way: People put up with **** like the Battle Coin because they can get stuff like the Belt of Brute Strength, Seven Fingered Gloves or Chattering Ring. The rest of the raid loot is just filler.)

Some of the best raid loot in the game is in this chest!

Don't forget the 7-fingered gloves... :) I swear by 'em. (I play a sorc)

Venar
06-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Well, the point was, good items bring people to quest, and many quest could use it.
Remove the Planar Gird from XC and put it in the horrible Tomb of the Blighted... and see what happens.
We'll go anywhere for loot.

Fattiest
06-24-2008, 10:32 AM
As for Vulkor Spiral: the fact that level 16 characters are sacking the chests from this level 11 quest is not a good thing. That they're getting named loot which is superior to competing named loot from module 4 and module 5 is even worse.

Sooooo,,,what drops here?

Angelus_dead
06-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Sooooo,,,what drops here?
Vulkoor Spiral (level 11) now drops Spectral Gloves: +2 attack, +5 dex, ghost touch.

Compare that against higher level items from higher level quests:
Madstone Crater (level 14) drops Steady-hand Armbands: +1 attack, +3 dex
Ghost of Perdition (level 14) drops Ethereal Bracers: +1 AC/saves, ghost touch

For most purposes, the Spectral Gloves are superior to either of the two higher-level items with similar properties.

Zaodon
06-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Well, the point was, good items bring people to quest, and many quest could use it.
Remove the Planar Gird from XC and put it in the horrible Tomb of the Blighted... and see what happens.
We'll go anywhere for loot.

QFT.

All quests should have "good" loot in them, worth running the quest for at the proper level.

Dawnblade
06-25-2008, 08:42 AM
All quests should be fun to run. I'd like to see them spending as much time into making the quests themselves fun and interesting as they would spend on loot. That means both a nice background story to the quest and challenges other than difficult monsters. This game offers so many possibilities as far team effort and environment interaction. I would like to see them keep exploring the Zelda/Tomb Raiders like puzzle possibilites and action aspects of it of DDO.

Yes I would love for new great, useful loot be available to us. But I would prefer that in order to get the loot I had to do something more than kill 50 giants and 20 dragons or what have you. I would actually rather have a great quest and a meh loot than a great loot and a boring quest.

tenga
06-26-2008, 12:57 AM
and even if there was just more unique loot added, not even necessarily 'good.' one new item is an outfit in smugglers warehouse.. only 3 charges of cure light wounds, but still fun to see new named items from obscure quests that don't get ran often anymore.