PDA

View Full Version : improved fort

Slapphappy
06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Does anyone take this feat? Not worrying about sneak atttacks, crits, and spell crits sounds like a good thing, but I haven't heard anyone say anything postivei about it. I dont mind drinking oils.

Why doesn't anyone like this feat?

Arianrhod
06-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Does anyone take this feat? Not worrying about sneak atttacks, crits, and spell crits sounds like a good thing, but I haven't heard anyone say anything postivei about it. I dont mind drinking oils.

1 - You can get the same benefit from a moderate fort item with no drawback (other than having it take up an item slot)
2 - Being immune to ALL DIVINE HEALING is a pretty hefty drawback.

Kraldor
06-20-2008, 12:50 PM

Not only does a level 7 item (Moderate Fortification) make it useless, but you will not want to be drinking oils when you have 500 hit points to top off at level 16.

creithne
06-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Not only does a level 7 item (Moderate Fortification) make it useless, but you will not want to be drinking oils when you have 500 hit points to top off at level 16.

Level 7? Heck, I get offered ML 2 or 4 mod fort belts offered as end reward for tangleroot...(although never when I'm running a new 'forged.)

Oran_Lathor
06-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Neither that feat, nor fortification items, will protect you from spell criticals.

Kraldor
06-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Level 7? Heck, I get offered ML 2 or 4 mod fort belts offered as end reward for tangleroot...(although never when I'm running a new 'forged.)

Well, Level 7 without any RR or bound quest rewards.

Slapphappy
06-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Neither that feat, nor fortification items, will protect you from spell criticals.

Can I get a confirm on this? I had someone tell we otherwise.

Along the same lines... Is it the case that the improved fort feat offers nothing that I can't get from a mod fort item?

Thanks all btw for the responses and advice

Lithic
06-21-2008, 03:19 PM
the feat "may" help against mobs with a fort-reducing attack (think theres some in the new areas). Maybe.

In any case, the only smart reason to take this feat is if you are a warforged caster, and even then you may regret it.