PDA

View Full Version : Desert Bug(s)

Thailand_Dan
06-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Noticed three bugs in the desert. Wondering if anyone has encountered these.

1. 3 mummy bloodstone chest rare won't come to life if you throw down firewalls on top or even near them before you run up to them. They just continue to sleep even after the firewall disappears. Basically, if you use a FW before they come to life, you lose the chest. Occurred 3 times in a row, and then I stopped throwing the firewall. Once when the chest was there, twice when it wasn't.

2. Fire Gnolls run around in circles near one of the rares. They aggro on you, but do not come after you. The rare does, but the rest of the mobs don't. The casters cannot hit you either, although the animation looks like they are casting stuff while they are running around. Happened 20 or so times, everytime. All since Mod 7. This is chest up the hill to left, where the shrine is up to the right.

3. The named Air elemental doesn't always spawn. Even if you are right on top of the chest. I usually FOD them, but occasionally FW them through the crack in the rock. Not sure if FW was used when it didn't spawn. Twice the named elemental would not spawn, but many times, the rare did spawn. So, it sometimes happens, sometime not.

Thanks

ArkoHighStar
06-18-2008, 11:42 PM
all this is in the known issues list simpy spawn them first before you throw down a firewall

Qzipoun
06-19-2008, 12:31 AM
3 mummy bloodstone chest

That chest does not drop the bloodstone.

Thailand_Dan
06-19-2008, 12:37 AM
THe one Bloodstone I've had drop for me was the one closest the shrine. I have been told that the Bloodstone also drops in The Thirsty One Chest, and the 3 mummy chest. I might be mistaken, but that's what I've seen posted on other threads. I've already maxed out slayers, so if it doesn't drop there, I'll skip running all the way to the back.

bandyman1
06-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Nope. Thirsty One's chest and the named mephit's chest. Doesn't drop with the three mummies. That's the spell-storing ring chest, so it's definately still worth running, especially if you're farming on a caster :P.

smatt
06-19-2008, 02:01 AM
It seems that any mob that needs to be awoken or spawned will bug (not spawn or wake-up) if any area effect spells are cast prior to waking them. Solid fog has the same affect.......

Rekker
06-19-2008, 07:19 AM
The Bloodstone has always dropped at the Thirsty One. For some reason they started dropping from the Dusk chest a few mods back. Now they added Dusks Heart to drop from that chest instead. I don't think Bloodstone will be dropping from there anymore.

Thailand_Dan
06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I pulled a dusk heart a week ago. Ever go "YES!" and "aww *&%!@" right after each other? I see they are selling for insane amounts on the AH, but I'm sure they will come down.

If the spell storing ring is dropping in the 3 mummies, I guess I will keep running there. Thanks for the info. It seems the Thristy One is dropping a bloodstone. And now, because of the Dusk Heart dropping in the mephit chest, it is in debate whether blood stones are dropping there now, although in the past, they have dropped there.

Anyone pull a bloodstone out of the mephit chest since Mod 7?

Bombalo
06-19-2008, 09:12 PM
The Bloodstone has always dropped at the Thirsty One. For some reason they started dropping from the Dusk chest a few mods back. Now they added Dusks Heart to drop from that chest instead. I don't think Bloodstone will be dropping from there anymore.

The bloodstone still drops from that chest...pulled one last night out of the Dusk chest.

Rekker
06-20-2008, 08:00 AM
The bloodstone still drops from that chest...pulled one last night out of the Dusk chest.

Good news !