PDA

View Full Version : Monk Bug: try to use finishing move, get error "You lost your chance" or some such

Zaodon
06-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Sorry, I dont have the exact text of the message, but it goes something like:
"You have lost the chance to do this finishing move" or something like that.

Steps to reproduce bug:
1. do 3 attacks (in my case, 3 Fists of Light) that setup the finisher
2. press the finisher button while your character is:
a. still attacking
b. you've stopped attacking (you stopped holding right-mouse), but is still animating back to their standing still position

In other words, if your character is still in the process of some kind of animation, finishers fail.

Bug, part 2: When it fails in this fashion, you lose the finisher. You have to re-do your 3 prep attacks all over again to re-prepare it.

Fixes:
1. Finishing moves should never get interrupted by anything, ever. They should be placed first in the priority queue of any character actions.
2. If a finisher "fails" for any reason, it should not be removed (finisher should remain prepared) until it is successfully launched (whether it hits or misses).

Talcyndl
06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Same problem as all the other click to special attacks...such as Smite, Trip, Stunning Blow, etc...

VirieSquichie
06-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Finishing moves and Smite Evil should also refuse to "go off" if you don't have a target selected...I don't know how many times I've tried to use one of these, had the target die the moment before I clicked, and had the ability be wasted yet again.

DoctorWhofan
06-18-2008, 08:21 PM
/signed

I didn't notice it before I had built a monk. Fix please.