PDA

View Full Version : Acid Fog in the Desert

Razvan
06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
When cast on the spawn places of named monsters that are not there prior to you showing up at their location (like the air elemental or the mummy) it prevents them from spawning and therefore the chest remains locked since you can't kill them.

Known bug or not?

ANd yes, I reported it....

And yes, I use Acid Fog... :D

And yes, I need a Blodstone :(

Impaqt
06-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Known, but as far as I have seen, Unacknowledged issue.

Let em Spawn, then Melt em.

Lithic
06-16-2008, 11:14 AM
same thing happens with firewall, and probably any other AOE. Like Imp said, spawn em first, then nuke em.

Thrudh
06-16-2008, 11:15 AM
This happens inside the wiz-king quest as well... so don't cast those AOE spells on the Raiyum's coffin until he breaks out.

ArkoHighStar
06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
It was acknowledged by Silthe as a bug that got in last minute when they changed the pet spawn to not take damage when appearing in an AOE spell. It also appears in threnal in another variation, and really applies to any lingering AOE

aurus33
06-16-2008, 11:23 AM
When cast on the spawn places of named monsters that are not there prior to you showing up at their location (like the air elemental or the mummy) it prevents them from spawning and therefore the chest remains locked since you can't kill them.

Known bug or not?

Who said we dont have AI in this game, mobs are not duuumb :P

Arianrhod
06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Wonder if this is related to the bug that makes burrowing type creatures refuse to come out in the open if a pet aggroes on them while they're unreachable....

(my ranger hates that one....charmed hyenas make some outdoor areas so much more pleasant to solo in...)

wrinyn
06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
same thing happens with firewall, and probably any other AOE. Like Imp said, spawn em first, then nuke em.

Heh, spawn them, then use an enlarged FoD....Those air elly's don't stand a chance.....For the mummies, spawn then max'd firewall and jump like it's going out of style..ha,ha.....

MageLL
06-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I think this is a new issue with Mod 7.

I used to be able to drop a dancing ball and firewall on the bat spawn in the vale. Now if you do that the bats dance then go back to hanging on the celling.. never to come down.

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5161/batsddo01vt7.jpg

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/4209/batsddo02kn9.jpg

Kaldaka
06-16-2008, 04:33 PM
The worst part is, they will never spawn ... even if the AOE spell times out!!!!

That makes me think its gotta be a bug.

A couple days ago, I was out in the desert and was staring at the Spell Storing ring chest, never to be able to open it because I put a firewall where they would normally spawn.

VirieSquichie
06-18-2008, 04:19 PM
The worst part is, they will never spawn ... even if the AOE spell times out!!!!

A couple days ago, I was out in the desert and was staring at the Spell Storing ring chest, never to be able to open it because I put a firewall where they would normally spawn.

This is a good example of why the current dev cycle is really messed up.

Ideally, when you implement a [new feature / bug fix] and test it, and something unexpected happens that breaks something else, you revert the production code back to before your [new feature / bug fix] was put in until you can figure out what you broke. You don't ship something that's more broken than what your users had before.

These days, we have bugs getting fixed by bigger bugs which in turn get fixed by even bigger bugs (or multi-headed bugs...hydrabugs?) and it's increasingly frustrating to a lot of users. I hear it in party chat and see it in guild chat all the time. The intermittent friends/guildchat issue is pushing some to the breaking point, for instance.

Thoon
06-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Known bug or not?

See the updated Known Issues (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=1755313#post1755313)thread.

Montrose
06-18-2008, 05:27 PM

Work-around: If you ddoor then run back you can get them to spawn.

adamkatt
06-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Work-around: If you ddoor then run back you can get them to spawn.

Yeah or you can just walk away and wait for the spell to end.. Make the rat pile in the orchard takes too much time now...

DrAwkward
06-19-2008, 10:20 AM

Hmm.. what happens if you acid fog all the air ele's spawn points in the Reaver?

Qzipoun
06-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Hmm.. what happens if you acid fog all the air ele's spawn points in the Reaver?

You want even LESS air elementals!?!? :eek:

Arlith
06-19-2008, 10:34 AM

I do not know about all spawn points, but when this happens to me in the desert I can get to spawn by traveling to another section on the map and returning. The AoE spell needs to time out, then travel a good distance and return. For instance, from Capt Whizzy (Air Elle in desert) I go to the mummy chest, kill off those mobs anbd return and presto, there he is.

DrAwkward
06-20-2008, 03:48 PM
You want even LESS air elementals!?!? :eek:

Heh, only when I'm the cleric and they've got me staring at the ceiling. Otherwise, they provide an amusing distraction. I was just curious as to the extent of the issue.

Depravity
06-20-2008, 03:56 PM
If you have a charmie/pet watch them try to kill the non-spawned critter. They'll keep trying to attack and failing.

Strangely enough, if you drop a fog/firewall and try to spawn ozan, you can walk through his spawn point and get knocked down by his nonexistent trip aura. Kinda funny if you use a sacrificial summoned dog.

It's still easy to build a trap and drag them back to it post spawn. I like a web, acid fog, and a couple of scattered firewalls.

wamjratl1
06-20-2008, 04:00 PM
This happens inside the wiz-king quest as well... so don't cast those AOE spells on the Raiyum's coffin until he breaks out.

Reminds me of college. I would never come out of my coffin until that acid fog was looooong gone. Orange juice seemed to help...

Phidius
06-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah or you can just walk away and wait for the spell to end.. Make the rat pile in the orchard takes too much time now...

I cast my firewall on the little hill next to the spawn point, and cook the rats there. I just cast a new firewall on the pile everytime I jump off the hill... it takes a little more time, but not bad.

Actually, it's more fun to watch the rats scatter off the big hill, then slam into my walls at full speed :)