PDA

View Full Version : Just some ideas

EightyFour
06-16-2008, 07:32 AM
I've been getting the feeling lately like I've played this game to it's limit. I'm thinking of taking a couple of weeks off, so keep that in mind.

I felt as though the Mod 7 update didn't come in with a big impact. I don't think I would change it, but that's the feeling I get. The race to open the barrier first was fun, had a good time with that. And rolling up a new kind of character is fun also. But I don't feel the monk is all that different from say other tank character classes. They receive the same rate of attack but are less effective just a bit in the damage range and abilities of other tank classes. For example, Banishing and Smiting, the monk has no weapon that they can use while centered to have large crit. ranges, all there weapons are crit. on 20 and the best we can hope for is 19-20 crit. range as opposed to other weapons which give a 15-20 crit. range.

However I do like the fact that there are weakening and Enfebling on handwraps, thank you for that. However I see the monk doesn't have access to Puncturing weapons. Maybe this is just thought of "you go monk and you give that up". Yes, although that is true, I feel that every tank class out there should have a fair shake on the types on weapons they can use. As I see that the monk is not faster at delivering blows than any other tank class.

Also on a side note, the weapons that are offered are currently getting stale in my opinion. I would like to see some new prefixes and suffixes on weapons, something useful. Mainly when I say useful, I mean to increase the killing power of a player, wounding, weakening were great ideas, I wish there were weapons that would somehow effect the mob's in a way that I could kill them faster than before. I know this is not an easy task, but something new would be nice.

Quivers were also a nice addition.

I feel the new quests were good, but I would like to see almost a new texture to them, I feel when you use the same textures and wrap it up in a new way I'm still just running an old quest.

Also some new spells to play around with would be a nice addition.

And as another side note, could we get something special for Lawful Neutral characters, as there are only two roads for the monks to take, Lawful Good and Lawful Neutral, I went Lawful Neutral and it was a mistake, I have no clue what I was thinking, guess it had something to do with the demon queen wicky wacking my Lawful Good guy to pieces, but later after I saw my Pure Good kama, I realized that I had made a mistake, plus with as straped as my monk was for ability points, I decided this would be my second non-UMD charater, my first would be my cleric. The other characters I have all have UMD. So a little help for those that made the mistake of going Lawful Neutral would be nice.

Well just like to say thank you for all the hard work you guys have done to continue this game to completion and thank you for the may hours that you dedicate to building a game that I can run around and have fun in. Hopefully this feedback helps where it can, and if not, well than that's the way to cookie crumbles. And hopefully a new weapon idea comes to me, as I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Sue_Dark
06-16-2008, 11:51 AM
I dont remember the name of the manual... Oriental Adventures or some such (it's been many many years). There were tons of asian styled weapons. Where are our Swords and spears and sai and other martial arts gear? WHY wouldnt a kung-fu (just a term, u may use jujitsu or whatever) master be able to use these?

I have rolled 3 monks, ran them to 2-5 and deleted because I didnt like the equipment available (read: weapons). If I had more options, I might play one to cap, but until then.... no way. This is in no way a stab at those who are playing monks or the dev time that went into them. I just dont like them as they are. Some may answer that I need to get higher than 5 to see the good, but I will hit that one now... if the Character is not fun at Level 2, 3, or 4.... I am not spending time to get them to 10, 14, or 16 to see the "light". I can build a sorc or ranger and get him to 16, and have fun the whole way thru, with the slot that boring monk was taking up. For me its all about weapon options. The armor I can live with (tho I wouldnt mind a few more outfit skins), the lack of weapons, I dislike.

BTW- no, I'm not thinking about leaving, taking a break or any other such nonsense. I just thought I'd share my issue with the new content here. I like the rest that I've seen so far, just fine.

EightyFour
08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Wow, normally I feel different by this point, but I feel about the same way. However I would like to add I decided to just cut down on play time rather than take a break, figured I would "slow my roll" and that would help me out a bit with crewing up the content. Also the whole can not move arrows from quiver to hot bar kinda not that great.

But keep up the good work, I know it's hard to get it all right all at once, if you did that than I guess you would be god's and goddesse's amongst men and women.