PDA

View Full Version : more combat feedback filtering would be nice

winsom
06-15-2008, 12:40 AM
I want to see offensive effects and spells in the chat log, such as damage taken, or hit by a fear effect.

I do NOT want to see defensive effects and buffs, such as gaining fear immunity from an item or spell or the effects of my potency scepters when I switch them.

Is there a filter that gives me what I want?

If not, then please add one. My combat log fills up with a bunch of what Id call tutorial-style text, like gaining fire resist when I put on a fire resistance robe (duh!). This makes reading back over a combat much less useful to me as it gets filled up with "clutter" and earlier important information scrolls off.

Borror0
06-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Yes, it would.

It's hard to see how often you're hit... when you see all the damage you did with your weapon...

winsom
06-15-2008, 12:50 AM
I'd like to be able to turn off damage additions that come from my weapons. Elemental or holy damage takes up its own line of text and that essentially doubles the combat log.

Newer players should have the option of seeing this detailed feedback, but there should be a way to turn different portions of the combat text.

For instance I might want to see in the log when I stun or otherwise hit a monster with a non-damage effect, but have the damage numbers completely turned off yet still see the attack rolls so I know about hits and misses.

pjw
06-15-2008, 02:46 AM
...been said before by many people. Just let us log everything relevant to our character to a file for later processing.

bobbryan2
06-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Something else that would be reletively easy, but would make a huge difference:

Played a text-based MUD before... so there was a ton of incoming combat messaging, and a lot to have to filter out of your head. Makes it a whole lot easier with specific coloring.

(Combat): Elven Sorcerer's fireball hit you for 35 points of damage.

is so much easier to differentiate on the fly than..

(Combat): Elven Sorcerer's fireball hit you for 35 points of damage.