PDA

View Full Version : Okay... now fix Meridia.. please.

Gratch
06-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Ha ha... okay... the 2% of the population that wanted to run to Meridia is happy and/or they have a new underground cavern to run around. Either way... please add a Meridia teleport person into the marketplace or the front of the Twelve. Tired having to keep a single rez point in the game.... especially now that the high end content exists in other locations.

While you're at it, feel free to put Meridia into the Greater Teleport and Teleport list.

/signed x 1000

Sobriquet
06-14-2008, 10:04 PM
/signed x1000^2

sirgog
06-14-2008, 10:50 PM
signed x 10^100

I'm getting to hate the run back to the Marketplace from Meridia after any raid failure.

GlassCannon
06-14-2008, 11:55 PM
/signed 10x10ⁿ, whereas ⁿ > number of people on the earth x10p, whereas p > number of people on the earth x10.

EightyFour
06-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I finally realized there was huge communication error between the players and the Dev's. It seems that the dev's thought that everyone or at least a majority of players wanted a run out to Merida. And it's a sore spot in there side when there was no teleport and the mojority started to complain. (Please leave my spelling alone, just trying to get the idea out.)

So here is where things went wrong. Yes the players did want huge explorer area's they could go run around in and other such. And it was a good idea to have a sort of home base in that explorer area.

However what was not a good idea was to add the Mod 6 raid, i.e. the shroud, to the merida area. As when you join such raid and try to travel to merida, you can't get there without the death taxi, or droping group and running out there. The peoblem becomes when you do drop group and run out there, you find that your spot got taken even though you made it clear that you were coming back.

Have I had it happen to me, no. Have I been close to having it happen to me, yes.

Best idea, just add a teleport area in the 12 to merida or one in the marketplace, or whatever area you can travel to in a raid group.

Ghoste
06-15-2008, 12:30 AM
/signed.

sirgog
06-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Giving one of the Twelve ritualists in the Marketplace the ability to teleport you there, as well as giving Gustavine in the Twelve the same ability would solve the problem perfectly, IMO.

But they should only do so after you have got to Meridia under your own power once.

Gratch
06-15-2008, 02:16 AM
I do realize we've had this thread before... but this issue hit me twice this weekend... mostly because of running non-Shroud on the capped toons.

Once it was my cleric needing to get to meridia to join a shroud group and having to leave party for the run and the leader thinking I had somehow switched in as a bard so I lost my spot. My cleric had been /resloc'ed in the marketplace for some winged devil attempts.

Second it was the fighter trying to learn the abbot and popping back to meridia since I usually am forced to keep Meridia as the /resloc for shroud popping.

sirgog
06-15-2008, 02:23 AM
Second it was the fighter trying to learn the abbot and popping back to meridia since I usually am forced to keep Meridia as the /resloc for shroud popping.

Having to bind in the Necropolis and thus losing the bind to Meridia is one of the main things that reduces my urge to practice the Abbot.

Simply letting us teleport there some other way would increase the time I spend trying that.

bobbryan2
06-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Giving one of the Twelve ritualists in the Marketplace the ability to teleport you there, as well as giving Gustavine in the Twelve the same ability would solve the problem perfectly, IMO.

But they should only do so after you have got to Meridia under your own power once.

*cough*

"Solve" the problem? No. Would it band-aid the problem to make it less of a pain in the ass? Sure.

The 'problem' is that teleport is badly in need of a rewrite. The problem is that no new additions to teleport locations have happened in 3 mods now. The problem is that greater teleport has been bugged since it has been released and was supposedly slated to be fixed in 4.1, and that devs CONTINUE to put raid locations on the other side of 6 man instances with no way to get to the raid without dropping group.

Adding a way to get to Meridia from the Marketplace wouldn't fix any of the underlying core issues. These need to be addressed sooner rather than later. If it's going to be later, I don't mind a band-aid, but I definately don't want to simply ignore the issue because we now have work arounds.

Davinna
06-15-2008, 06:38 AM
/signed

RTN
06-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Blame the people who whined a lot about wanting large outdoor areas to run through. The funny part is that if we got a teleport or portal to Meridia, those whiners would also take it all the time. This is why when you see petitions or demands for something you don't want, you really have to speak up (and then be accused of being a troll).

I'm all for wanting outdoor areas and actually really enjoy the Vale. But don't force us to run out there every time. Give us a quest or collectible (i.e., flagging) to open a teleporter in Meridia and elsewhere. That's a really simple way to do it and the tech is already in the game.

Sobriquet
06-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Yes, and fix greater teleport, too. It has been broken for too long.

dragonruler
06-15-2008, 10:34 AM
just wondering...but what is wrong with greater teleport? or are we still on the issue that it doesnt work unless in a non-public area? or is there something else im not aware of....

ThrasherGT
06-15-2008, 01:38 PM
A "band-aid" for Meridia would be to allow players, when they click on the gate to the Vale, to choose whether they want to go to the adventure area or simply directly to Meridia. I don't think having been there before really matters all that much.

Aodh
06-15-2008, 07:59 PM
I finally realized there was huge communication error between the players and the Dev's. It seems that the dev's thought that everyone or at least a majority of players wanted a run out to Merida. And it's a sore spot in there side when there was no teleport and the mojority started to complain. (Please leave my spelling alone, just trying to get the idea out.)

So here is where things went wrong. Yes the players did want huge explorer area's they could go run around in and other such. And it was a good idea to have a sort of home base in that explorer area.

However what was not a good idea was to add the Mod 6 raid, i.e. the shroud, to the merida area. As when you join such raid and try to travel to merida, you can't get there without the death taxi, or droping group and running out there. The peoblem becomes when you do drop group and run out there, you find that your spot got taken even though you made it clear that you were coming back.

Have I had it happen to me, no. Have I been close to having it happen to me, yes.

Best idea, just add a teleport area in the 12 to merida or one in the marketplace, or whatever area you can travel to in a raid group.

I agree that this needs to be fixed, although I think the dev's are just pouting about it, and probably will never change it unfortunately.

Ron
06-15-2008, 08:22 PM
/signed 10x10ⁿ, whereas ⁿ > number of people on the earth x10p, whereas p > number of people on the earth x10.

Ahhg, that makes my head hurt :)

I'll just sign the one time. Any more than that and I feel like I'm cheating, heh.

But yes, this is definitely needed.

Memnir
06-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Dear Devs... please don't change teleport or greater teleport in any way shape or form. To do so would be to ruin the "classic" feel of those spells, and many players would be very upset in the change in the spell at this stage in development of the game! The spells work fine, and a change would only needlessly confuse a lot of players who don't see the need for a change. Those looking for another way to Meridia in no way speak for the legions of players who enjoy the extra time to enjoy the scenery and lovely critters we meet along the way. Adding further options to NPCs allowing us to teleport would only lead to confusion and bitterness among the people who like to stop and smell the roses.

I beg you, Devs, don't change a thing about teleport. It would be a drastic and unsound decision!!!

/reverse psychology FTW.

tenga
06-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Dear Devs... please don't change teleport or greater teleport in any way shape or form. To do so would be to ruin the "classic" feel of those spells, and many players would be very upset in the change in the spell at this stage in development of the game! The spells work fine, and a change would only needlessly confuse a lot of players who don't see the need for a change. Those looking for another way to Meridia in no way speak for the legions of players who enjoy the extra time to enjoy the scenery and lovely critters we meet along the way. Adding further options to NPCs allowing us to teleport would only lead to confusion and bitterness among the people who like to stop and smell the roses.

I beg you, Devs, don't change a thing about teleport. It would be a drastic and unsound decision!!!

/reverse psychology FTW.

as i read this, i began to feel myself getting more and more angry.. then i saw "/reverse psychology FTW" and laughed :-)

ROVER
06-17-2008, 03:57 AM
It is as simple as to make as many BIG areas they want, I mean huge areas with lots and lots of scenics routes, but if there is a teleporter, all the hikers can have their way and the rest of us don't have to bother about silly and meaningless runs/deaths/wasting our time.
There are some threads on the forums where people are saying: Quote: "are people that lazy to make the run for meridia... wow" Well SORRY if it is a rude awakening to you but that run sucks big time! We are in Eberron! a world full of magic, you wanna seee the sights? by all means do so, and when you are tired of them we won't complain that you are using the teleporter.
BTW Greater Teleport should let us have port points of our choice.
I dont know, they can even charge a fee for all I care, say 100,000 gold to be able to use the teleporter, (the 12 will get millions and they can use some of that money to support the parks and clean the trash left by the hikers)

Venar
06-17-2008, 06:56 AM
First, it would be nice to reach meridia without problem if you stick to the road. Currently, there is no safe paths.

Another idea would be to put a second entrance for the shroud inside the twelve tower.

Pfamily
06-17-2008, 07:02 AM
/signed as many times as it takes.

Velorn
06-17-2008, 09:14 AM
First, it would be nice to reach meridia without problem if you stick to the road. Currently, there is no safe paths.

Another idea would be to put a second entrance for the shroud inside the twelve tower.

I don't know...my fighters have no problems running to Meridia. If I stay on the path (No shortcuts), I aggro nothing and make it using a haste clickie in a minute. My wizard is another story...he always gets that ****** scorpion on his butt:D FOD FTW.

But, I have to agree. I would really like to just teleport there.

Kris_P._Letus
06-17-2008, 11:49 AM
signed x 10^100

I'm getting to hate the run back to the Marketplace from Meridia after any raid failure.

you can use the genie in meridia to take you back to the twelve. :( kinda sucks thats the only teleport for that zone.

i agree. a teleport would be awesome. i can usually make it to meridia safe and sound (haste click and barb speed boost = no aggro that can catch me :) ) i hate dieing in the necro then having to port in from meridia as much as the next person.

lol, and i dont even go to meridia that often. i only stay resloc'd there for the rare instances that i am out there.

ill sign it, but like ron, only once. dont want to exploit and get banned. :P

Kris_P._Letus
06-17-2008, 12:37 PM
just now thought of this....back when ddo was still in its beta phase, i remember reading an excerpt about it, saying you would be able to instantly teleport to your party members when you joined party. whatever happend to that?

SneakThief
06-17-2008, 03:06 PM

I think this is a good solution. It gets around what they told us was the problem with Teleporting to Meridia in the first place: conditional teleport locations (i.e. they cant do them).

Turial
06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I think this is a good solution. It gets around what they told us was the problem with Teleporting to Meridia in the first place: conditional teleport locations (i.e. they cant do them).

We have conditional teleporting locations....shreaking mines and ghola fan. Seems like all we need is a npc on both sides and some sort of flagging item that lets you use the one on the 12 side once you have wandered out there once.

Aspenor
06-17-2008, 04:18 PM
We have conditional teleporting locations....shreaking mines and ghola fan. Seems like all we need is a npc on both sides and some sort of flagging item that lets you use the one on the 12 side once you have wandered out there once.

Tangleroot....this technology has been in the game since release ;)

Pfamily
06-17-2008, 04:28 PM
...and the guard in the Harbor charging 20gp to let you into the Market if you haven't completed the Harbormaster's quest.

cdbd3rd
06-17-2008, 04:35 PM

The road used to be safe - until the scorpions and spiders could suddenly overtake you while you're hasted.

I think the most logical solution - and one they have already been using since.... well, how long has Tangleroot (Ungurz) been around? :rolleyes: Run once as a mini quest to find the guy/place, then teleport via NPC is an option after that.

Tangleroot....this technology has been in the game since release ;)
edit: Sorry, Asp et al. Hadn't finished reading before replying. Again. :o ...but at least we're reading the same book. :)

Puby
06-17-2008, 04:36 PM
/signed^100^100^100^100=big amount of /signeds:D

Kambuk
06-17-2008, 05:00 PM
My 2c, Once you are actually flagged for the raid you should be able to get a teleport from someone in the 12.

Lore reasoning - You now have an item (the signet stone/Greensteel) that is attuned to the altar in Meridia allowing teleporting it's location.

The issue with the run is really only to get to the Raid and i'm sure the 12 guys would be keen to help you get there to solve thier problems....

Kambuk

Samy
06-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Death taxi is stupid and immersion breaking. It's ludicrous when the most efficient way to get to a location is by cutting your own throat and watching yourself bleed to death. There *needs* to be a better way, and with *two* teleport spells available to arcanes, it's idiotic that *neither* can take you to Meridia, when PnP teleport spells have *no* such restriction.

salmag
06-17-2008, 05:49 PM
/signed "infinity^infinity"

ahpook
06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
At the very very very least, never make this mistake again. In any future content, use the ungurz model to allow teleport after findin your way once or the restless isles model of getting the teleport after completing the quest once.

But that is the very very very least. At the very least, you should resolve this by adding an NPC in the twelve who will teleport you if you are shroud qualified.

And you really should fix teleport and greater teleport to allow more options. Use the location marking idea that many have mentioned previously. Allow a player to mark a location and to be able to teleport to their marks (maybe this could even work in instances, just make quest based marks get reset with the instance). Some limit of marks could be allowed as long as it gives better options than teleport and greater teleport currently.