PDA

View Full Version : New RP Dedicated Group: Knights Tactician

NwMacabre
06-14-2008, 05:10 PM
TO START: Hi.
SIMPLY: Basically i want a group of people that i can dependably roleplay the game with to the end. I'm starting a dedicated team, a team that would have our characters all start together completely new and methodically play through the game, never rushing, leaving nothing unfinished and have our characters bond and storylines advance together, as well as have our individual character storylines advance during. Here are the teams specifics. Some rules can be bent a little.

WHO I AM & MY QUALIFICATIONS: I'm a mature long-time roleplayer, 22 years old, very familiar with "Dungeons & Dragons", My knowlege of D&D rules and information measuring approximately 9.5 out of 10, seriously, and have been roleplaying for at least 10 years.
I can heavy and light roleplay, my knowlege of the game itself is about 5 out of 10(mid-range). The character i will be using for the group will be fresh, just like everyone else's. His name will be Snickerin.

TEAM STATISTICS:
NAME: T.b.d. by the team.
LEADER: Me, Snickerin(NwMacabre).
SECOND IN COMMAND: T.b.d.

GROUP LEVEL & XP: Level:1, Rank:3, and XP:?
MEMBERS: Snickerin, Raedus,
MEMBER SLOTS LEFT: 4. 2 possibilities so far.

FILL-INS: 1 (mostly reliable).

PLAY SCHEDULE: Temp: Mondays at 6 to 10pm central time.
Play times will be scheduled to fit around you. At least once a week. Very important.

TO JOIN REQUIREMENTS: Thelanis server only. Mature Roleplayers only. Characters level 1 of any class and build. Must be able to play almost every time on the scheduled play-times. After we meet in-game, we add each other to our friends-lists.
CHARACTER PLAY EXCLUSIVENESS: Characters must be exclusive to the group. This means you can only play with the character in the team at play times with the team. The characters will keep the exact same Xp level, or VERY close to.

TEAM TYPE: Light to heavy roleplay. Specifically, it would start with our characters meeting, and from there, naturally continue REGULARLY roleplaying, completing quests thoughtfully, and advancing our characters bonds and storylines, as well as our characters levels/power and the game's storylines.

RECORDING OF EVENTS:
So our story and performances will not be lost, after each play session, in character, i will create a summary of the events that happened, and detail notable performances also. Members can add comments of their own as well. This will be at the bottom of the first page of this thread and will be updated accordingly.

ENDING NOTES:
Please post and/or send me mail if you qualify and are interested. Message me through NwMacabre.

Findecano
06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Hello,

I see that this was posted on the 14th, so I am replying 8 days later and am probably too late. I have a few questions before I commit to anything, assuming there is an opening and the group didn't start yet.

1. Rules on twinking, using the AH; buying potions, scrolls, and wands that make the quests trivial.
2. What about the soloable only lvl 1 quests in the harbor? Do those alone at anytime?
3. How will the group play the raid content, since it requires 12 group members and we will only have 6 naturally?
4. Is Monday set in stone? I can only dedicated Mondays, Saturdays, and Sundays to the team.

Thanks

relik_arkane
06-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Greetings. Just throwing this idea out there to you: There is already a dedicated teams guild, which is a great resource for finding interested and reliable RP players. Forsworn is another great option, have had a great time running with players from that guild as well. I personally play 2 nights a week in the dedicated teams guild (in 2 groups) and look forward to each and every session. Best of Luck to you and if you want to look over the dedicated teams guild, they can be found under Thalion's post in player quest coordination. (along with links to each active team's posting.)

NwMacabre
06-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Hello, yes im still making this group. Though, do to recent members being jerks, i must say, i ONLY want people that are reliable. If you cant be reliable, leave me alone. Not directed at you, though.

To answer your questions:

1.No twinking, in other words, you cant use other higher level characters to give boons to your character in this group.
2.Solo quests can be done at any time you want.
3.For raids, im in a prominent guild on the thelanis server, "The Fellowship of the Golden Night", and i can fill the slots, alright. ;)
4.Like it is stated the playdates are made to fit around each members schedules, so no its far from set in stone, but again, if you cant make it the times you state you can, dont bother with trying to join.

I hope that that helps, and if you're a mature, reliable, player that can roleplay, you're in.

I see that this was posted on the 14th, so I am replying 8 days later and am probably too late. I have a few questions before I commit to anything, assuming there is an opening and the group didn't start yet.

1. Rules on twinking, using the AH; buying potions, scrolls, and wands that make the quests trivial.
2. What about the soloable only lvl 1 quests in the harbor? Do those alone at anytime?
3. How will the group play the raid content, since it requires 12 group members and we will only have 6 naturally?
4. Is Monday set in stone? I can only dedicated Mondays, Saturdays, and Sundays to the team.

Thanks

NwMacabre
06-30-2008, 09:14 PM
ENTER SNICKERIN:

A concealingly dressed dark warforged steps carefully off of the boat into Storm-Reaches main harbor, he slightly smiles and mutters, "Pfft, this is it?" He then immediately checks out his surroundings, as if looking for someone stalking him. He then blends in with the crowd of immigrants and makes his way to the closest tavern. The dark warforged walks into the place and looks around, again, and meticulously does the same thing wherever he goes. After looking around for a while, he walks up to a warforged bar-tender, *chomp chomp* the dark 'forged chomps his mouth to get his attention. The bar tender sais, "Hello there, sir, can i get you anything?" The dark 'forged replies, "Yeah, where can i get some supplies?"

"Im not sure, what kind of supplies? You look unfamiliar, are you new to this place?"

"Yeah, i just arrived..." *crick* the dark 'forged head snaps to the side and lets out a small strange laugh, "I need weapons, and experts tools."

The bar tender then tells him about the basics of the city,

"...and thats where youll find that." A woman comes up behind and to the side of the dark 'forged and before she can get to the bar, the dark 'forged smoothly and quickly pulls out 2 brown-stained blades and touches them to her neck. The woman yelps and and her legs start to tremble. "Its alright stranger, shes a regular here, she just wants a drink!" sais the bar tender quickly. The dark 'forged snickers and puts his blades away while saying, "Stupid ape, watch what you do, or you might end up with a pretty red necklace to match those ear-rings." As the woman frantically runs away, the bar tender sternly sais to the dark 'forged, "You cant do things like that, who do you think you are?" The dark 'forged replies laughingly, "What? Shes a dumb human, have you forgotten who you are?"

"I think you had better leave before i summon the guards."

"Pfft, heh, you..." sais the dark 'forged as he walks away.

The bar-tender follows a few feet and sais, "Who are you, dark one?!" The dark 'forged snickers as he leaves the room.

After leaving the tavern, the dark 'forged looks around and walks down an empty street, muttering to himself. He then hears footsteps coming from behind him, getting closer and closer, he turns around and sees a human, holding a filled bag.

"I got everything you wanted stranger, that was a good idea, you distracting the tavern owner." sais the man.

"I know, now give me the bag."

As the man walks over to comply, he sais, "Man, for a little bit there i didnt think it was going to work, you talking to him didn't seem to get his full attention away from his hidden stash, but you really did, threatening that woman with your weapons, that was genius!" The man then hands over the bag and sais", Okay, my cut should be half of.." *Shlip!* The man looks stunned as he starts to gush out blood from the 2 brown-stained blades dug in his neck, and can only make faint gurgling noises as the dark 'forged pulls out the blades from him and takes the filled bag. The man falls to the ground convulsing shortly and dies quietly, choking on his own blood.

The only sound on the secluded street is of the dark 'forged quietly walking away, letting out a small strange laugh.

Findecano
07-01-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm reliable as long as you are playing during the times I say I can make. Mondays work for me, but any other day is a no go. I am a martial artist, so I am busy every night from Tues-Fri. My RPing guild raids on some weekends, so I couldn't commit those days.

I read your RPing post above. What was the purpose of that post? I also see you are RPing an evil character. How is that so when we aren't permitted to be evil aligned? Also, how do you propose to get along with your human team members? In characterically speaking, I wouldn't adventure with you long if I was human, because I'd either kill you after your human slander or go my own way. Another thing, if you are evil, and good characters in your group won't stay long either, because our interests would conflict. Just thought I'd throw all this out there, because anyone who is a good RPer will react in-character to your actions. Some of your actions are strongly alligned and very racist, so naturally you will have to have people that are similar in-character to you.

NwMacabre
07-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Findecano, we should private message each other about the details, but your pretty much in, mondays it is. Its also very important that you read your private messages, because it will be our main form of communication. I suggest reading your ddo forum in-box at least twice a week, with one time being before playtime on mondays. You seem like you would be a great person to play the game with, and i hope you join.

Thank you for the tips but i know what im doing. Good characters will react appropriately to my character IF he were to do ridiculous things, but, you should also know that evil isnt always apparent.

As for the rule that no characters in the game can technically be evil, first i want to point out that im pretty sure the alignment system was placed in D&D for gameplay mechanics and a roleplaying guide-line for newbs, not to restrict creativity. Anyways, my character wont be evil in the time you play with him, i myself have a problem with breaking the rules, i dont know why. Though the story is true, it was made to inspire people to rp well and to give some weight to the character, snickerin.

Sure, he will create problems with super-good people, because he is evil, but without revealing too much, it wont be an issue for long. ;)

Remember, your character knows none of this, just say no to meta-gaming. :P