PDA

View Full Version : AC/resistance bonuses working?

artvan_delet
06-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Could not find current info. Are these bonuses working? Thanks.

The Twelve has discovered several new rituals that can be performed at the Stone of Change. As before, you must first bind and attune your item before performing an Eldritch Ritual. The new rituals and their recipes are as follows:

* "Alchemical Armor Eldritch Ritual" - Grants armor a +1 alchemical bonus to AC.
Requires: Your armor, 5 Vials of Pure Water, and 15 Strings of Prayer Beads.
* "Alchemical Shield Eldritch Ritual" - Grants your shield a +1 alchemical bonus to AC.
Requires: Your shield, 6 Silver Flame Hymnals, and 2 Tomes: Prophecies of Khyber.
* "Force Damage Ritual" - Your weapon will do 1 point of force damage on each successful hit.
Requires: Your weapon, 3 Luminescent Dusts, and 9 Fragrant Drowshood mushrooms.
* "Force Critical Ritual"- Your weapon will do 1d4 points of force damage on each successful critical hit.
Requires: Your weapon, 6 Sparkling Dusts, and 12 Deadly Feverblanch mushrooms.
* "Resistance Ritual" - Your jewelry item will give you a +1 competence bonus to saves.
Requires: Your jewelry accessory, 4 Lightning-Split Soarwoods, and 22 Funerary Tokens.

Rameses
06-14-2008, 11:12 AM
as of last night... NO!

Beherit_Baphomar
06-14-2008, 11:28 AM
as of last night... NO!

Seriously?
They dont work?

Cashiry
06-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Could not find current info. Are these bonuses working? Thanks.

The Twelve has discovered several new rituals that can be performed at the Stone of Change. As before, you must first bind and attune your item before performing an Eldritch Ritual. The new rituals and their recipes are as follows:

Working with Robes/outfits(not armor)
* "Alchemical Armor Eldritch Ritual" - Grants armor a +1 alchemical bonus to AC.
Requires: Your armor, 5 Vials of Pure Water, and 15 Strings of Prayer Beads.

Not Working
* "Alchemical Shield Eldritch Ritual" - Grants your shield a +1 alchemical bonus to AC.

Working:
Requires: Your shield, 6 Silver Flame Hymnals, and 2 Tomes: Prophecies of Khyber.
* "Force Damage Ritual" - Your weapon will do 1 point of force damage on each successful hit.
Requires: Your weapon, 3 Luminescent Dusts, and 9 Fragrant Drowshood mushrooms.
* "Force Critical Ritual"- Your weapon will do 1d4 points of force damage on each successful critical hit.
Requires: Your weapon, 6 Sparkling Dusts, and 12 Deadly Feverblanch mushrooms.
* "Resistance Ritual" - Your jewelry item will give you a +1 competence bonus to saves.
Requires: Your jewelry accessory, 4 Lightning-Split Soarwoods, and 22 Funerary Tokens.

look at quote

Cash

artvan_delet
06-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Is there a dev response on this? Bug report? thanks.

Gadget2775
06-17-2008, 01:45 PM

It in the Mod 7 Known Issues (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=148508) List.

char_db
06-18-2008, 11:08 PM
I just did the Alchemical Armor Eldritch Ritual, before i saw this post. Nothing was added to my AC so i put in a bug report, i got a response saying that this was a "visual problem only" while the Known Issues are saying "bonuses are not being applied" ... this sounds like two different things to me. Guess i gotta pvp test this to be sure?

Also, has anyone tested adding "Force Damage Ritual" and "Force Critical Ritual" to the same weapon? Or a weapon that already has an Adamantine Ritual done to it? "An item can only have one Eldritch Ritual effect in place at a time" ..this is a disturbing line to me. What happens? I take it my Adamantine Rituals i've spent time and resources getting will be wiped clean as soon as i put 1 point of force damage per swing on it?

Kraldor
06-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Right now, does the alchemical AC ritual work on a robe with an armor bonus, or is it bugged like armor?

Turial
06-19-2008, 07:49 AM
I just did the Alchemical Armor Eldritch Ritual, before i saw this post. Nothing was added to my AC so i put in a bug report, i got a response saying that this was a "visual problem only" while the Known Issues are saying "bonuses are not being applied" ... this sounds like two different things to me. Guess i gotta pvp test this to be sure?

Also, has anyone tested adding "Force Damage Ritual" and "Force Critical Ritual" to the same weapon? Or a weapon that already has an Adamantine Ritual done to it? "An item can only have one Eldritch Ritual effect in place at a time" ..this is a disturbing line to me. What happens? I take it my Adamantine Rituals i've spent time and resources getting will be wiped clean as soon as i put 1 point of force damage per swing on it?

On robes and outfits the AC will be applied to your chest piece once you log out and back in, the correct AC only displays in your AC breakdown on the character sheet.

You cannot add both the force damage and force critical ritual to the same weapon. An item can only have one ritual applied at any time. When you add an additional ritual the original ritual will be wiped off. So if you take weapon with adamantine ritual and apply the force damage ritual that weapon will loose the adamantine ritual.

Turial
06-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Right now, does the alchemical AC ritual work on a robe with an armor bonus, or is it bugged like armor?

It is currently working with armored robes, unarmored robes, and outfits. It does take a log out and back in for it to correctly display...though it only correctly displays the armor bonus in your character sheet AC breakdown.

In_Like_Flynn
06-19-2008, 10:32 AM

It in the Mod 7 Known Issues (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=148508) List.Yeah, what he said. We'll see a correction in 7.1.

Thelmallen
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Can you add the AC bonus to armored bracers?

tihocan
06-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Can you add the AC bonus to armored bracers?
No. Only to armor or robes/outfits (and shields).

Thrudh
06-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Does the AC bonus on non-armor robes stack with the Armor Bonus you get from bracers?

Meriadeuc
06-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Does the AC bonus on non-armor robes stack with the Armor Bonus you get from bracers?

Yes.

smithers
07-18-2008, 06:18 AM
On robes and outfits the AC will be applied to your chest piece once you log out and back in, the correct AC only displays in your AC breakdown on the character sheet.

You cannot add both the force damage and force critical ritual to the same weapon. An item can only have one ritual applied at any time. When you add an additional ritual the original ritual will be wiped off. So if you take weapon with adamantine ritual and apply the force damage ritual that weapon will loose the adamantine ritual.

Are you 100% certain about this?

I don't think you can put force crit and force ritual on the same weapon.

Descriptions I've read said only 1 ritual ... but maybe "force" is a ritual and it's thought of as 2 ranks like adamantine has ranks.

Can anyone confirm who has actually put both forces on 1 weapon?

Mhykke
07-18-2008, 06:29 AM

Descriptions I've read said only 1 ritual ... but maybe "force" is a ritual and it's thought of as 2 ranks like adamantine has ranks.

You cannot but both force crit and force hit on the same weapon.

Eonlyte
07-18-2008, 06:34 AM

Ummm....What???

I think maybe you should read the post you quoted agin bro. A lil slower this time.

Sorry man, but LMAO :D.

smithers
07-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Yup I obviously misread it.

Glad it gave you so much amusement :)

Quanefel
07-18-2008, 06:48 AM

No, you can not add both Force rituals to the same weapon. In fact, all rituals other than the Admantine ritual are one per item. Any attempt at adding a second effect causes the first to be overwritten with the second one being applied instead. No ritual other than the adamantine ritual can be stacked with the same effect. Its the only one that can be applied twice to the same item.

To help people out, I suggest Force Damage ritual be applied to a weapon with a low crit range. Add Force Damage Critical ritual to weapons with a good crit range. More bang for your buck I think.

kyebosh
07-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I may just be lucky, but my AC ritual correctly added +1 to my Shields AC... at least my Character Sheet says so.
Try using Diplomacy on the Altar :P

binnsr
07-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I may just be lucky, but my AC ritual correctly added +1 to my Shields AC... at least my Character Sheet says so.
Try using Diplomacy on the Altar :P

A guildy of mine applied it to his Sorrel and had it work. But this morning upon logging in, it was no longer reflected in either his character sheet or inventory summary.

I've applied it to both a Madstone Shield and regular +5 MTS with Zero success (after my guildy had said it was working for him) - the +5 MTS was done to verify that it wasn't a Raid Loot issue.. If I had more collectables, I'd try it on a regular shield to validate it being a TS vs. Regular Shield issue..

Melthus
07-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I just did the Armor Eldritch Ritual on my armor. It added text to the armor saying I have a +1 alchemical bonus, but my ac has not changed. Does not show an increase on either my character sheet or inventory.

Lifespawn
07-27-2008, 03:59 PM
but cmon they fixed viscous

SteeleTrueheart
07-28-2008, 12:30 AM
but cmon they fixed viscous

Now that just sounds gooey.

elderon_Lafeet
07-28-2008, 10:42 AM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm16/isabowman/ScreenShot00011.jpg
+8 armor bonus, +6 robe, +1 from shield +1 from alchy bonus=+8

Blazer
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
AC bonus is working on robes (got it on my WDS) but not on armor (not showing up on my +5 MFP). I'm sure they'll fix it...someday.