PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Lightning Split Soarwood

Deathseeker
06-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Anyone know where to farm these...wanna get my +1 to saves via crafting on my ring...

Deathseeker
06-15-2008, 05:05 AM
anyone?

herzkos
06-15-2008, 07:11 AM
have found a number of them in TR, where the last prisoner is in part 2.
of course you also get the ceramic bowl line of collectibles from there too.

Black_Flamingo
06-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Cabinets and alchemy tables, in house P.
And of course, any rubble and adventurers packs in house p quests too.

Glenalth
06-15-2008, 11:18 PM

I pulled 2 from the cabinet there during a complete run.

Yotanis
09-03-2010, 08:12 PM

For the benefit of those who dont know the abbreviations "TR" is?

khaldan
09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Tangleroot.

Yotanis
09-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Tangleroot.

Splinterskull quests then.

I found this on another site that might be useful to people

Locations for Farming

Lightning split soarwood is probably toughest collectible to get, these are some known locations.

* Haunted Library - 1 in key room, 1 in falling floor room
* Chamber of Insanity - go right, clear the room and continue
* Lair of Summoning - take left, don't activate trap in the room, get table and d-door out
* Ruined Halls - have to get gargoyle lever first, bookshelf at shrine door, 2 tables in intel room
* Xorian Cipher - when you do gird runs, you can check crude altars in golden/iron key room as well
* Splinterskull - table in the throne room gives you a shot at one, and it can be hit 7 times on a run (don't forget to clear the throne room on part one, too). It's also possible to re-run the first half of part 6 over and over. Don't kill anything: just run, grab collectibles, and open doors. Since you technically complete the first part each time, you can immediately do it again. Seems to be a very rare drop, though. Good news is you might also pick up a Silver Flame Hymnal on the first bookshelf, and another good drop is Fragrant Drowshood near the second Shrine. There's also another more out of the way one, where Whisperdoom spawns.
* Deleras 2nd part - crude altar in the very last room, where you first fight the shade of Deleras.

Memnir
09-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I have the best luck in Splinterskull.

Yotanis
09-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I have the best luck in Splinterskull.

How fast does it take to do each run - and what sort of conversation per run?

khaldan
09-03-2010, 08:27 PM
*looks at original post date*

Dammit, not again.

Yotanis
09-03-2010, 08:31 PM
*looks at original post date*

Dammit, not again.

Whats that got to do with anything?

Memnir
09-03-2010, 08:31 PM
How fast does it take to do each run - and what sort of conversation per run?As herzkos said - the best place to look is in the Cabinet in the big room where you fight the Warden and rescue that last prisoner in Pt 2. That's pretty fast to get to, minutes really, if you just want to farm it. I usually snag it when I run by in each repetitious part of running the chain.

As for conversion rate - never really took the time to note exactly, but it is exceedingly rare.

Yotanis
09-03-2010, 08:33 PM
As herzkos said - the best place to look is in the Cabinet in the big room where you fight the Warden and rescue that last prisoner in Pt 2. That's pretty fast to get to, minutes really, if you just want to farm it. I usually snag it when I run by in each repetitious part of running the chain.

As for conversion rate - never really took the time to note exactly, but it is exceedingly rare.

Yes, im finding that they nearly impossible to farm. Wondering if the bonus is worth the effort or not.

Matuse
09-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Threnal gives better odds of the lightning-split.

sirgog
09-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Best spot to farm them is the Auction House.

Get the money by running real loot runs (such as Sins of Attrition with all optionals for four chests that can drop Large Scales and one that can drop Keepsakes). Sell some of this stuff, then stock up on all the LSS's you'll ever need.

malkav1973
09-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Hail Yotanis, lord of the Undead Thread!

Wizzly_Bear
09-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Anyone know where to farm these...wanna get my +1 to saves via crafting on my ring...
Tangleroot part 6. 1-2 minute runs zerging to the end while hitting the altar in the big room. Running to the end completes the quest so you can redo immediately. 2 minutes per run = lots of wood :cool:

As herzkos said - the best place to look is in the Cabinet in the big room where you fight the Warden and rescue that last prisoner in Pt 2. That's pretty fast to get to, minutes really, if you just want to farm it. I usually snag it when I run by in each repetitious part of running the chain.

Part 6 is faster.

Best spot to farm them is the Auction House.

Get the money by running real loot runs (such as Sins of Attrition with all optionals for four chests that can drop Large Scales and one that can drop Keepsakes). Sell some of this stuff, then stock up on all the LSS's you'll ever need.
qft

Wizzly_Bear
09-29-2010, 12:48 AM
For the benefit of those who dont know the abbreviations "TR" is?

Hail Yotanis, lord of the Undead Thread!
Just noticed we have a pair of necromancers ;)

JMVH
10-18-2010, 10:13 PM
I found one in an adventurer's pack in the Red Fens, so they aren't just in House P.

Xilraazz
10-18-2010, 10:43 PM
My wife and i pulled one each from the same collectable in the same run in the upstairs of party crashers, across from the bathroom

Cardoor
01-18-2011, 05:56 PM
I pulled one out of the slavers quest in the Restless Isles last night. Not too familiar with that quest so not exactly sure where I was... other than I pulled the lightning split soarwood from a bookshelf on the upper floors.