PDA

View Full Version : Green Steel Hand Wraps

Rameses
06-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Please consider adding Green Steel Hand Wraps to the crafting system.

I am, Rameses!

Kargon
06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Please consider adding Green Steel Hand Wraps to the crafting system.

I am, Rameses!

Kargon secomond this notimion. Would be quickamest way to make sure unarmed monk combamat can compete with TWF kamas and powermer attacking quarterstaffamers. And more reasamons to use the new animatimions MUST be good!

KoboldKiller
06-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Not to be picky but isn't it "steel"? So in essence would they not be gauntlets instead of handwraps? Of course being as there is magic involved I suppose you could spin the steel into a light thread able to be wove into a wrap. So agreed.:D

bobbryan2
06-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Not to be picky but isn't it "steel"? So in essence would they not be gauntlets instead of handwraps? Of course being as there is magic involved I suppose you could spin the steel into a light thread able to be wove into a wrap. So agreed.:D

There's greensteel weave... that's how we have boots and cloaks...

death_smurf
06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
/signed really didnt make a lot of sense to me for them not be added with the release of mod 7. i mean if qs and kama were considered why not add the 1 item that the majority of high level monks will use?

MrCow
06-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Handwraps are a new weapon with some oddities still (such as vicious not doing damage to the wielder). I'd wager these oddities on top of the fact that it is a new weapon is what kept them from putting them in with module 7.

Ronin_the_toon
06-13-2008, 04:12 PM
yes I agree please make a recipe for handwraps

Pyromaniac
06-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I think there's a delay while you craft kamas and quarterstaffs. Then you'll get the handwraps in mod 8 or 9 after wasting ingredients:)

Christoph
06-13-2008, 04:48 PM
the only question I would pose is how would you increase the damage die on handwraps? and if your answer is to increase the unarmed damage done by monks, I would respond by saying monks do 2d8 at level 16 and 2d10 at 20. does that mean they would be doing 2d10 at 16 and 2d12 at 20? that seems a little overpowering to me.

Kargon
06-13-2008, 04:52 PM
the only question I would pose is how would you increase the damage die on handwraps? and if your answer is to increase the unarmed damage done by monks, I would respond by saying monks do 2d8 at level 16 and 2d10 at 20. does that mean they would be doing 2d10 at 16 and 2d12 at 20? that seems a little overpowering to me.

Could just give them built in rightesounamess or somemathing, or +1 or 2 damanage built in.

Vua
06-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Handwraps are a new weapon with some oddities still (such as vicious not doing damage to the wielder). I'd wager these oddities on top of the fact that it is a new weapon is what kept them from putting them in with module 7.

Don't we usually call these "oddities" bugs?

Vua
06-13-2008, 04:57 PM

No it wouldn't be overpowering. Have you played a damage dealing class in this game? The base damage on the weapon means very little. When you have a weapon that does 1d10 or 1d12 and you have a +55 damage modifier on top of it, does it really matter? Monks are never going to have a +55 (or higher) damage modifier like a lot of Barbs get to, so I wouldn't think it would be overpowered.

GlassCannon
06-14-2008, 04:35 AM
You only want them because you already capped your Monk.

Play less! Go outside! The world would be better off with your positive attitude in public places.

Rameses
06-14-2008, 09:35 AM
You only want them because you already capped your Monk.

Play less! Go outside! The world would be better off with your positive attitude in public places.

How rude!
Yes I have a capped Monk and I have a very active life with something you must not have. A live in Girl Friend and 3 beautiful children.
Unfortunatley I am a recovering alcholic and would rather spend my time distracted by this game than in a club filled to the gills.

I am, Rameses!

Memnir
06-14-2008, 01:27 PM
/signed

Lithic
06-14-2008, 02:16 PM
How rude!
Yes I have a capped Monk and I have a very active life with something you must not have. A live in Girl Friend and 3 beautiful children.

I am, Rameses!

So a halfling with children... are they called quarterlings?

Accelerando
06-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Please do. And make them 2d10 so monks are worth something to us! :D

Riggs
06-14-2008, 09:09 PM
signed

Inspire
06-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Yep, Ooze2 And Mineral2 On The Way.. If Only I Had A Certain Monk Weapon To Put These On

/Signed

GlassCannon
06-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Yep, Ooze2 And Mineral2 On The Way.. If Only I Had A Certain Monk Weapon To Put These On

/Signed

I stopped farming it when the boredom began putting me to sleep. The Shroud is on my Quests To Avoid list for a while.

Delzon
06-15-2008, 02:04 AM
/signed

Make them 2D10 and have them add +10 to a monks stunning fist save, that way one of the primary attacks unique to monks will finally be higher then what every fighter can already get.

Inspire
06-15-2008, 05:26 PM
I stopped farming it when the boredom began putting me to sleep. The Shroud is on my Quests To Avoid list for a while.

Cant Find Anything Else Worth While To Run Myself, 9Lvl 16Toons, 8Capped.

tenga
06-15-2008, 05:59 PM

you're probably right, but i don't see a reason why community relations dev couldn't take a couple minutes to type a response on a thread like this and confirm something.. anything...

Wan6Tan6
06-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Monks shouldn't be more powerful than fighters. Different, yes, but monks are plenty powerful as it is.

Inspire
06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Monks shouldn't be more powerful than fighters. Different, yes, but monks are plenty powerful as it is.

Since Handwraps Dont Deal Base Damage(Your Base Hand To Hand Damage Is Applied) There Has To Be A "Special" Greensteel Bonus To Using Them, Ie; Normal Khopesh 1d8 Base Damage, Greensteel Khopesh 1d10 Base Damage.

The Question Is, What Will It Be For Handwraps? The Only Things(IMO) It May Be Are; 19-20 Natural Crit Range Or 20x3 Crit Multiplier.

Quethon
06-15-2008, 06:42 PM
I demand they remove monks from the game and we all pretend this never happened.

Kargon
06-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Since Handwraps Dont Deal Base Damage(Your Base Hand To Hand Damage Is Applied) There Has To Be A "Special" Greensteel Bonus To Using Them, Ie; Normal Khopesh 1d8 Base Damage, Greensteel Khopesh 1d10 Base Damage.

The Question Is, What Will It Be For Handwraps? The Only Things(IMO) It May Be Are; 19-20 Natural Crit Range Or 20x3 Crit Multiplier.

Bah, 'has to' are strong words. kargon would be fine with lightnaming II handmawraps even if they not do 1 or 2 extrama damanage.

Dylos_Moon
06-15-2008, 07:06 PM

Actually the damage dice could be increased if the greensteel handwraps grant an additional unarmed damage feat, which should increase the damage to 2d10 at level 16 (and 4d6 at level 20).

GlassCannon
06-16-2008, 02:59 AM

Not really.

Mine is level 10, and the only real advantage he has is his ability to zip right in and out of serious situations to make tactical strikes. Fighters deal significantly more damage, especially 2-handed builds.

I'd compare them to a Paladin without any curative abilities or Smite uses. Essentially, a nerfed pally.

winsom
06-16-2008, 05:16 AM
definately implement greensteel handwraps with built-in positive modifier to WIS-based monk special attacks. Other classes can get weighted, vertigo, spell foci items. The monk needs his DC-boosting items too!

an option for natural crit range 19-20 would be great too, that would become 17-20 with improved crit. Very important that it stack.

Aesop
06-16-2008, 05:27 AM
Actually the damage dice could be increased if the greensteel handwraps grant an additional unarmed damage feat, which should increase the damage to 2d10 at level 16 (and 4d6 at level 20).

yeah that is what I was thinking too...

heck you could really make it odd and have it use a Filliment for creation instead of ore

Aesop

JD2134
06-16-2008, 11:56 AM
I hear you, and i dont think they need a high damage range , they just need to have a increased crit range.

Kargon
06-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Kargon sent a PM to silly devs, but since kargon not allowed post PMs directamally kargon will summaramize:

Greensteel handmawraps may (or may not) be addamed latermer, but were preventamed from be addamed alreadamy by the technicamal differmerencames between handmawraps and normamal weapamons.

Kargon hope they come eventuamally, but kargon not going hoard ingredimients in meantime.

weyoun
06-20-2008, 08:52 AM
I think the coding for wraps is borked atm, as we see with vicious and ghost touch. Green steel handwraps are a must in order for the monk to be successful in end-game content. Staves and kamas just aren't as cool.

Snoggy
06-20-2008, 11:39 AM
I'd compare them to a Paladin without any curative abilities or Smite uses. Essentially, a nerfed pally.

Monks have curative abilities. They're just really klunky curative abilities.

BlackSteel
06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
make greensteel handwraps +7 modifier instead of +5, there problem solved.

Aesop
06-20-2008, 01:12 PM
make greensteel handwraps +7 modifier instead of +5, there problem solved.

+5 enhancment bonus to hit and damage with +3 untyped bonus to damage only

Dimicron
06-20-2008, 03:53 PM

Raise the crit range by 1 in place of the damage die? That could be entertaining and give the monks a bit extra 'punch' at high levels. (sickening pun intended)