PDA

View Full Version : DEV Error.......

Geonis
06-13-2008, 03:20 AM
The new Green Steel blanks are awesome.

There is one problem though, the increased damage die was done incorrectly for the weapons that start with a 1d8 damage die (edit - Light Repeater, Long Sword, Battle Axe).

They currently increase to 1d10, but they should increase to 2d6.

This is per DnD, as seen here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#sizeIncreases).

Can we at least get acknowledgement of this oversight?

Thanks,

Geo

Raegoul
06-13-2008, 03:42 AM
Who says the weapons went up by size.

Geonis
06-13-2008, 03:47 AM
Who says the weapons went up by size.

They increased damage dice (usually caused by size increase), which uses the same chart as that, but is not listed online.

Lorien_the_First_One
06-13-2008, 07:58 AM
I think you're both right... The damage increased not because of size but because they are made of nasty metal that is evil and feeds off of its victims.

That said, treating it as an increased weapon size would probably be what I would do as DM (that or I'd add a 1d6 similar to all of them to it being like a maiming or bleeding effect)

In_Like_Flynn
06-13-2008, 09:26 AM
It's not a size change, so the chart doesn't apply.

bobbryan2
06-13-2008, 09:28 AM
It's not a size change... but the chart does apply. I still believe the 1d8 base damage blanks are bugged.

GreyRogue
06-13-2008, 10:00 AM
From what I can tell (I'm at work, so I rely on Google instead of my books), DDO's implementation of Baatorian Green Steel is already a significant buff over D&D 3.x's rules. It appears that a weapon made of greensteel in PnP gains a non-magical, non-stacking +1 to attack and damage. That means that a +5 greensteel longsword is just like a +5 longsword, except for being a funny color and costing 2,000 gp more. However, since the devs decided to upgrade the damage dice (which, if I remember correctly, was a property of greensteel in previous editions), I would agree that they should have used the increased damage based on size table in the interest of consistency.

bobbryan2
06-13-2008, 10:16 AM
I think what happened was they just took the wrong value from the chart. They saw the 1d10 bastard sword damage on a medium creature goes to 1d8 on a small. The correct entry that would have worked with consistency was that a 1d8 longsword on a medium creatures becomes a 2d6 longsword on a large creature.

Geonis
06-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Any dev comment?