PDA

View Full Version : Okay NEW QUESTS ROCK !!!!! (but)

Xalted_Vol
06-12-2008, 03:21 AM
I have run some of three barrel cove and love new content. This got me thinking (ahh oo) um we need more quests don't jump all over me I know we just got a major mod and a new class BUT. But I think running around new dungeons is where its at man. I truly feel we would all benefit from like 100 new dungeons ranging from 1-16 NOT RAIDS but DUNGEONS. I would pay money other then subscription fee for like 1000 new dungeons. I say focus on individual Dungeons not raids. More Dungeons please :) I know you guys like your raids but Turbine has focused on the raids long enough we need more dungeons just blast em out like 2 a week or something :) Make some simple and quick.....use same maps and change monsters and traps around cut corners don't play test em shut em down if broken and take out what doesn't work just faster faster faster. That is all :)

ENGRAV0
06-12-2008, 03:52 AM
Play test? Turbine? The only Play Testing they do is when they let the "Play"ers Test them when they go live, LoL.

Would be interesting to see a bunch of new quests suddenly dumped into the game though, but who knows what the future holds.

sirgog
06-12-2008, 04:49 AM
I'd be a big fan of more dungeon-style quests at high level.

I'd like some to allow 6 people and some to allow 12, but please, let's get away from this raids=one-room boss encounters thing. I hate spending 45 minutes to put together a raid group for a raid that takes 15 minutes to run.

Turial
06-12-2008, 05:52 AM
I have run some of three barrel cove and love new content. This got me thinking (ahh oo) um we need more quests don't jump all over me I know we just got a major mod and a new class BUT. But I think running around new dungeons is where its at man. I truly feel we would all benefit from like 100 new dungeons ranging from 1-16 NOT RAIDS but DUNGEONS. I would pay money other then subscription fee for like 1000 new dungeons. I say focus on individual Dungeons not raids. More Dungeons please :) I know you guys like your raids but Turbine has focused on the raids long enough we need more dungeons just blast em out like 2 a week or something :) Make some simple and quick.....use same maps and change monsters and traps around cut corners don't play test em shut em down if broken and take out what doesn't work just faster faster faster. That is all :) Even 3 a month would be a nice improvement. 1 low, med, and high level quest. Doing that would fill up the quests and shore up content for all level ranges pretty quick. And for a long time players have been pushing for new quests using popular old maps like stormcleave, Tangle Root, Gwylans, Red Willow, etc. Pretty much all Turbine would have to do is add different objectives and more powerful mobs.

Grond
06-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Play test? Turbine? The only Play Testing they do is when they let the "Play"ers Test them when they go live, LoL.

Would be interesting to see a bunch of new quests suddenly dumped into the game though, but who knows what the future holds.

And you know this because you're a Turbine employee, right? Or are you just being abrasive?

AoC not holding your interest, I see... :D

Raiderone
06-12-2008, 08:23 AM
I would like to see more mid, high and very high level quests. But I want them to be quest chains like TR, CO6, VON...etc.

PLaying multiple quests and getting a nice end item.

llevenbaxx
06-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Agreed. Would much rather see more normal quests than raids. Like the quest chains suggestions also, with nice but not too extreme loot at the end. Something to compensate a little for not wanting to grind the raids for the "uber" loot.

GrayOldDruid
06-12-2008, 08:39 AM
I think this would be cool...

Stormcleave - the Revenge of Xanti'lar.

General Xanti'lar's desire for revenge burned through Shavarath - and an uholy alliance was made. Xanti'lar has returned from the dead with Fiendish new recruits to his cause. Is this a true alliance or is Xanti'lar being played by the Devils to further their assault??

Throw a fiend-blood template onto Xanti'lar or undead even... give his allies and Lieutenants Fiend-blood or Fiendish template... or Evil Outsider. Beef it up, tie in with existing storyline and boom! New outdoor area dungeon.

Kind of the way they tied in Baudry's Interest in with the Hiding in Plain Sight quest...

Plenty other quests to do similar with...

Raiderone
06-12-2008, 08:49 AM
I give DDO a pass due to the addition of the MONK. I know new playable classes and races have been high on my
wish list.

But when Mod8 comes out, I won't give them a PASS due to increased level to 18.
I would like at least 10 to 15 mid to very high level quests. Would like to see new playable race in MOD8.

Gimme Half-Orc. And I may decide to play a barbarian.

moorewr
06-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I would like to see more mid, high and very high level quests. But I want them to be quest chains like TR, CO6, VON...etc.

They (Turbine) seem to be against the chains, but they could do an "open chain," a modified Necropolis style chain where completing the set gets you the static reward.

It is too bad, really, because the chains are the best stories DDO has, re-use dungeon maps, and the most memorable adventures. STK, TR, Co6, and VON are what got me to stick with the game when I started.

thumps
06-12-2008, 09:00 AM

that makes me puke in my mouth a little bit ....like everyone wants to get locked in to a lame quest chain not my idea of fun .... ...especialy after the long week of doing them over and over and over .......so yeah some of us like the new raids and explorere area.

Selinius
06-12-2008, 09:26 AM
I think this would be cool...

Stormcleave - the Revenge of Xanti'lar.

General Xanti'lar's desire for revenge burned through Shavarath - and an uholy alliance was made. Xanti'lar has returned from the dead with Fiendish new recruits to his cause. Is this a true alliance or is Xanti'lar being played by the Devils to further their assault??

Throw a fiend-blood template onto Xanti'lar or undead even... give his allies and Lieutenants Fiend-blood or Fiendish template... or Evil Outsider. Beef it up, tie in with existing storyline and boom! New outdoor area dungeon.

Kind of the way they tied in Baudry's Interest in with the Hiding in Plain Sight quest...

Plenty other quests to do similar with...

So you would get a quest where everyone would bust out their banishers and run through it as fast as we do SC now? The only thing that makes SC a lvl 8 quest is the undead and boss fight. Everything else is a cake walk to toon with decent gear. Hop this up to a lvl 16 quest where everyone has good gear with 50%+ having banishers, then it becomes a joke, almost POP like.

GreyRogue
06-12-2008, 09:35 AM
They (Turbine) seem to be against the chains, but they could do an "open chain," a modified Necropolis style chain where completing the set gets you the static reward.

It is too bad, really, because the chains are the best stories DDO has, re-use dungeon maps, and the most memorable adventures. STK, TR, Co6, and VON are what got me to stick with the game when I started.
I also like the chains because they feel very "D&D". The main problem with the chains (and the reason I believe that the devs are not really making any new ones anymore) is that they take a long time to complete. Although you could theoretically start a chain one evening, work on it a bit the next night, and finish on a third day, that is not practically possible. If you want to get a group together to do quests in the chain, you usually have to start from the start so that all 6 players get the spiffy end reward. For example, you're probably not going to get a lot of interest in an LFM for "parts 3-4 of Tangleroot". That's the nice thing about the Necropolis-style chains--you probably can get a group up for just Tomb of the Bloody Heart or whatever.

That said, I think that the game could use a new higher-level chain in addition to more single quests. Unless I'm forgetting something, Threnal (or the VoNs) is the highest level chain quest. Might be nice to have a chain in the 13-16 range.

Raiderone
06-12-2008, 09:38 AM
that makes me puke in my mouth a little bit ....like everyone wants to get locked in to a lame quest chain not my idea of fun .... ...especialy after the long week of doing them over and over and over .......so yeah some of us like the new raids and explorere area.

So you can loot and grind. You can grind on a chain. Me like chains. Do u puke when running Delerra's?

Everything is not about RAID'S. Turbine needs to realize they have a broad fan base and need to mullify us all
not just grinders. I like Raids too. But I love CHAINS. STK, WW, C06, Delerra's, even Threnal.

Doesn't have to be 9 quests in a chain. Maybe 4 like WW or 3 in STK with an optional.

VON, ADQ, Titan don't count since end is a RAID. Even if it's a RAID, please give something with some content to it(like VON,etc).
Okay one Raid with no preq's is nice, but don't make it a given or the standard.

samagee
06-12-2008, 10:50 AM
I think they should pick some dingeons and slayer areas that change from month to month according to how much deaths the mobs have sustained in those areas. Let's face it. Once the kobold mob is dewindled down, some other group of critter is going to nest there and remove the rest of the kobolds that we didn't kill off.

They could make an ever changing area depending on what we remove from it, or they could decide that a stronger mob took over the area as well. This would of course lead to new structures in those ares too. The more advanced critters might even build some buildings for defense purposes. We could tear them down and the critters that live in them.

Well, enough brain storming.

Andora
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I agree, and yes I would pay for an expansion pack that had a boat load of dungeons. ( Boat load is a technical term :D. ) Toss in a raid or two I guess, but not all of us raid.

Xalted_Vol
06-12-2008, 02:59 PM
I like the idea of reusing old maps. Traps in different places in old maps would give them a new feel. I am glad I am not alone here. I love running the new dungeons not knowing what to expect how cool is that. Has Turbine ever responded about a paid expansion with just quests. The only problem I see is what would the people do that didnt buy the expansion and a group needs people that do not have quests.

cnynridr2
06-12-2008, 03:34 PM
They could even make all the slayer Quests multi level. You can go into 3 barrel cove as 4-7 or 8-11 just harder creatures and higher loot. Reuse the same areas. Just a thought, it shouldn't be that hard to do?

Xalted_Vol
06-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Another good idea keep em up we know Turbine reads this stuff :)

Dariuss
06-12-2008, 06:06 PM
well, i am all for new quests, don't get me wrong

but there really isn't a lack fo quests.... it's more the fact that half the quests don't get run

If you want more diversity, triple the repeat xp penalties, then at least people will start wanting to make groups for different quests

VirieSquichie
06-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I'd be a big fan of more dungeon-style quests at high level.

I'd like some to allow 6 people and some to allow 12, but please, let's get away from this raids=one-room boss encounters thing. I hate spending 45 minutes to put together a raid group for a raid that takes 15 minutes to run.

Yeah, what IS up with that?

You'd think with more people the dungeon would be, well, bigger. More to do, more places to do it, and vast armies to do it to.

Getting to see the Reaver the first time was quite a let-down. Total anti-climax to the whole GH experience. And to have special named loot possible in anything that cheesy? Downright ridiculous. Now, buried in those three dragons' treasures, that loot would have made more sense...

GlassCannon
06-12-2008, 07:17 PM

but there really isn't a lack fo quests.... it's more the fact that half the quests don't get run

If you want more diversity, triple the repeat xp penalties, then at least people will start wanting to make groups for different quests

Or get absolutely stuck at level 8 and be forced to reroll as a multiclass...

Edit: Some of us are horrid at building an effective party, or maintaining one.

Xalted_Vol
06-16-2008, 04:08 AM
Because U Might Participate.

sirgog
06-16-2008, 05:21 AM
That said, I think that the game could use a new higher-level chain in addition to more single quests. Unless I'm forgetting something, Threnal (or the VoNs) is the highest level chain quest. Might be nice to have a chain in the 13-16 range.

The Tomb of the *** series, leading to the Cursed Crypt, is a level 11-12 chain.

Due to two of the level 11 quests being harder than anything else under level 14, one being unfun and one being the new Pit, these are virtually never run, save for the Cursed Crypt, which has excellent named loot and is good for XP too.

This is the best structure available IMO for quest chains - prereqs you can do as you please, then an 'end-quest' you can do once you've flagged by doing all the prequels.

sirgog
06-16-2008, 05:23 AM

There's no alternative for capped characters but to repeat a few quests into the ground.

And currently, if you can't make a raid party that's strong enough to take on the Shroud (i.e. playing at off times), you don't have much at all to do at endgame. (A party that can't handle the Shroud won't have the tactics for the Hound and certainly shouldn't touch VoD).