PDA

View Full Version : Third time lucky :)

woodrick
06-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Is it just me or do clerics get the wrong end of the deal in this game?
I play two lvl16 clerics so before anyone starts i have been playing a cleric since pre-release. And i also find a cleric very enjoyable and the most fun class to play until the release of mod7 and the spell selection after mod6.

For a start it is clerics that usually use their plat keeping muppets alive. Other classes when posting gear that clerics would use please remember this, as the more u charge for it the less scrolls a cleric can afford to buy to keep u alive. Although until the release of mod7 plat was never a problem for me on either of the clerics i play.

Mod7 comes out and for some reason Blade Barrier gets screwed with? i had never had the problem that was apparently being fixed so i do not know what the issue is and why after two down times since the release of mod7 Blade Barrier has not been fixed or returned to it's useful and working state from before mod7. third time lucky maybe? in my opinion it wasn't broken to start with and now it is completely screwed, hmmm i wonder how the clerics would prefer it to be? or was making mobs immune to blade barrier a way of further reducing the number of clerics available? Blade barriers overlapping have from my knowledge always only counted as one, and it is only idiot clerics that overlap blade barrier with friendly ones to start with. being unfortunate to have your blade barrier overlap with an enemies is unfortunate and not really going to kill you, but having mobs walk straight through your blade barrier totally immune to it is likely to get u killed. Can we please get an idea on how much longer clerics are going to be broken for?

Secondly the spell selection granted at the release of mod6 is pitiful. with only one spell being of any benefit to anyone from that selection at all and that is mass death ward. Symbol of Death, yes i understand is working correctly and functioning as intended. But can someone please name a mob in a lvl15+ dungeon that has 150hp or less? until the spell is scaled to match the scaling done to mobs it is a pointless spell to even have in your spell book. although apparently it does help you do goodblades when your lvl15 :)

Turial
06-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Is it just me or do clerics get the wrong end of the deal in this game?
I play two lvl16 clerics so before anyone starts i have been playing a cleric since pre-release. And i also find a cleric very enjoyable and the most fun class to play until the release of mod7 and the spell selection after mod6.

For a start it is clerics that usually use their plat keeping muppets alive. Other classes when posting gear that clerics would use please remember this, as the more u charge for it the less scrolls a cleric can afford to buy to keep u alive. Although until the release of mod7 plat was never a problem for me on either of the clerics i play.

Mod7 comes out and for some reason Blade Barrier gets screwed with? i had never had the problem that was apparently being fixed so i do not know what the issue is and why after two down times since the release of mod7 Blade Barrier has not been fixed or returned to it's useful and working state from before mod7. third time lucky maybe? in my opinion it wasn't broken to start with and now it is completely screwed, hmmm i wonder how the clerics would prefer it to be? or was making mobs immune to blade barrier a way of further reducing the number of clerics available? Blade barriers overlapping have from my knowledge always only counted as one, and it is only idiot clerics that overlap blade barrier with friendly ones to start with. being unfortunate to have your blade barrier overlap with an enemies is unfortunate and not really going to kill you, but having mobs walk straight through your blade barrier totally immune to it is likely to get u killed. Can we please get an idea on how much longer clerics are going to be broken for?

Secondly the spell selection granted at the release of mod6 is pitiful. with only one spell being of any benefit to anyone from that selection at all and that is mass death ward. Symbol of Death, yes i understand is working correctly and functioning as intended. But can someone please name a mob in a lvl15+ dungeon that has 150hp or less? until the spell is scaled to match the scaling done to mobs it is a pointless spell to even have in your spell book. although apparently it does help you do goodblades when your lvl15 :)

Not that its justification for the carppyness of symbol of death but apprarently the bats in the vision raid have 100 or so hp and die to the symbols.

Xaxx
06-12-2008, 03:28 AM
I see one of your problems.... the muppets alive thing. Whenever someones being a complete waste of your resources... let em die... over and over and over. If they're just running off and come screaming back for a heal, dont bother... let em die... res em.... let em die.. res em... less mana less agrovation... or just cart em aorund in your bag. If your willing to heal anything anyone does then how do you expect players to look at ya. Also if your complaining about resources used for the 2 NEW RAIDS... please look at the words in caps and think about what your complaining about.... NEW RAIDS are supposed to be hard and expensive for anyone. If you choose to take a healer in there not knowing whats going on, you cant sight anyone for stupidity and costing resources. In a months time, then complain..... theres another post like this and people bring u p the shroud.. it was t his way in shroud... part 4 sometimes took 100 scrolls to do, and 5 was worse. Now... I think if a cleric lays down more then 30 scrolls in a shroud run its been a hard run, and quite often they're given atleast that 30 and usually more anyway.

You chose to play the class ... TWICE.... knowing what that white dot is seen as... walking bandaide box.

*just to clairfy the walkin bandaide statement.. im not sayin its right, im just saying thats how 90% of players see clerics, i had a battlecleric build that rather then a cleirc build was a paladin build... just as good as the average fighter without all the 1 min buff spells, had 30+ lay on hands (quicken+heal), blade barrier, and destruction, that and the base bufs were about all he used besides his axe, and people just couldnt wrap their head around the white dots not a healer its a tank, loved playing him, had to retire him. Wasnt that I wouldnt throw aheal spell to someone about to die, but I wouldnt main heal and people just moaned and complained. So as I said you knew how most people saw the white dot.*

sirgog
06-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Not that its justification for the carppyness of symbol of death but apprarently the bats in the vision raid have 100 or so hp and die to the symbols.

The group on my server that beat in on Hard had 5 clerics - every one of them had Symbol: Death prepared.

Turial
06-12-2008, 05:54 AM
The group on my server that beat in on Hard had 5 clerics - every one of them had Symbol: Death prepared.Yes but thats not justification for the spells low hp limit. I mean it happens to be useful now....1 mod after it was released and a lot of begging from players.