PDA

View Full Version : Paladins Again

RavenStormclaw
06-10-2008, 10:52 AM
I wanted to bring up Paladins again now that we are post mod 7. However in a different light.

Here are my experiences so far:

Divine Sacrafice: Have used frequently. Adding the extra 7d6 damage results on average of mid 20's in damage. Has been usefull for finishing off a mob. Good not great at second tier of enhancement. No real drain with the sp and hp cost as far as I have noticed.

Exhalted Smite: At level 2 enhancement this is actually killer. I've critted with this at 250 so far using +3 holy burst khopesh. If I crit with this its in the 200's. Regular hit has actually gone up from 50's to 70's. As far as misses due to monster movement. Doesn't seem to have been an issue. Either I am lucky or they've changed some mechanics. Running three quests last night I used exhalted smite 20 times: 7 crits, 10 regular hits and only 3 miss (one was a natural one). This is proving to be interesting.

However, my numbers are limited obviously. I am wanting the other Paladins to way in on their experience and some of their numbers. For reference I am on 12 levels of Pali at the moment.

Raven

STROBE
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I wanted to bring up Paladins again now that we are post mod 7. However in a different light.

<snip>

I am wanting the other Paladins to way in on their experience and some of their numbers. For reference I am on 12 levels of Pali at the moment.

Raven

My Paladin experience post MOD 7, as you requested:

Casual Player, Lvl 16 Paladin, no raid gear, uisng various +4 and +5 long swords, with improved critical slash feat, Strength 22, Charisma 24, soloing CR11 - CR15 mobs in The Orchard.

DS1: doing an average of 17 damage and self inflicting 10 damage per DS. Felt it to be a self defeating drain. Would feel the same way even if it averaged 25 damage, as DS2 should.
REspeced enhancements out of it.

(PS: when I play my lvl 15 cleric, I'm not going to be liking DS useage. Have not decided yet how I'm going to handle it, though. However, I very rarely play my cleric anymore, and extremely rarely with a pug, so DS may not be a problem for me.)

ES2: doing mid 60's to low 70's damage typically. Did not notice any difference in damage over my regular smites. ES2 crits were broad range of about 200 to 250, significantly more than regular smite.. Did not notice much increase in frequency of crits with ES2's over my regular smite, however some of the mobs I fought did have good fortification. Felt that ES was not enough add-on over regular smite to persuade me to buy it. REspeced enhancements out of it.

What I felt were improvements to how my paladin played:

1. Revision to action point cost of Bulwark and Resistance of good.

2. Better Holy Sword from Spell. With this, I basically doubled my kill count, so that it is approx half of the leaders. (Still feels a little underpowerd though, and needs one more something added to it, like pure good, or true law, or righteousness. Maybe an enhancement line to add these post lvl 15 paladin.)

3. The 90 second refresh timer for smites. (How this plays out is that I basically have 4 or more smites available for every orange name or red/purple name boss. Can also use smites between bosses as finishing blows on high AC/hitpoint mobs, or when I'm getting low on health.)

4. Reduction in intimidate timer from 10 seconds to 6 seconds, and improved aggro from intimidate and Paladin Divine Righteousness. Can now snag most mobs and keep them on me in Vale and Vale quests on hard, with initimidate approx 36-37.