PDA

View Full Version : A Compomise on the WDA issue

BurnerD
06-10-2008, 10:09 AM
To Turbine and all those interested...

The core issue here is not about giving away the new and great things you are cooking up in your top secret Dev lab. I think the majority of the player base understands that... this is assuming of course the whole "top secret" thing isn't just bs. I personally will give you the benefit of the doubt until it becomes obvious that the reasons you gave are actuallly coming to fruition (more marketing, cool new releases). If it becomes obvious it is bs well.....

After reading most of the posts on the subject it appears that what the players really want are updates on bugs and features being fixed, and on changes being made to the current game that will impact their characters, playability, etc. Included in this information would be new/changed enhancements for current classes, new/changed spells for current classes, changes to current items, fixes in AI, etc... I think that if you did not include information on NEW (TOP SECRET) stuff most people would accept that.

Please understand that to alot of us this seems like a cop out by Turbine. Your reasons may be sound, but when you have preached better communication, and have made some improvements, this seems like a HUGE step back.

It is bad enough there are posts full of issues that you refuse to comment on, let alone fix. These items need to be officially recognized or refuted and ETA's should be provided. At least the WDA provided some information of some of the issues...

Please conside some modified version of the WDA to include the information I listed above. Maybe it only needs to come out every two weeks, or monthly, but something needs to be provided.

Someone at Turbine that is up the ladder needs to pony up here and give is a State of the Game address......

maybe you can replace us with new subs .... maybe not. I'm certainly not ready to give up on this game because it provides me plenty of entertainment, but the politics of the way you disseminate information to your customers reminds me too much of work :( and that is a big negative in my book.

Just my opinion.