PDA

View Full Version : Guild Houses

theANTItommy
06-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Just curious as to what people would like to see in guild houses. maybe with enough support we can get some at (or maybe even before :) ) mod 8.

post your great and not-so-great ideas here!

chameleon007
06-10-2008, 11:05 AM
This is a huge YES for me. I had just recently posted a strand about Guild improvements and I fully agree that Guild houses would be a huge improvement and added sense of community for guilds. I will repost my last summary of general guild conversation from my last thread:

I am enjoying reading everyone's feedback in this area and wanted to attempt to summarize the general opinions and they stand so far as well as interject a few more personal opinions/clarifications:

1) It seems that most so far agree that guilds being able to inventory/bank items would be a nice feature overall given the proper checks and balances via rank of member (aka access to inventory) is in place. New members should not have access directly to the guilds supplies/bank. This should be a privledge earned by becoming an officer or "leadership" member of the guild, although all players members or non-guild members would be able to trade/ do business with a guild by speaking to the appropriate guild member. I've seen some difference of opinion about how people feel these inventories should be used by guilds, but I think that is a decision better left up to the guilds themselves to work out. Keeping in mind that this would just be a nice feature or option available. How it is used (if used at all) would be entirely up to the guild itself.

2) Banking money- Still up for discussion- There are pro's and con's here...but I believe this OPTION becomes necessary for a trade commerce available to guilds. Again, not ALL guilds would have to enable or use this option, I think though some might find it usefull. Perhaps having the option to promote guild members to "bankers" or "treasurers" would help keep a firewall in place to allow only the most trusted members of the guild have access to this option.

3) Guild "Status" or "Favor" and bonuses for high standing. General reaction is negative in this area. It seems most feel this might add an unwanted level of "elitism" to stormreach...understandable. I think in this area my thought was moreso as a reward system for "successful" guilds. My thought process here was under the impression that the most "successfull" guilds would be ones who actively promote and work to uphold the integrity of the game, the community, and all things good about stormreach. Having said that though, I am a fairly new member to online D&D play and respect the opinion of long time players who feel that there would be many who would abuse this feature and use it to belittle or hold themselves "elite" to other players. That is a sad, but quite possibly truthful reality to be considered. Although, I will through this out there on that note...The general essence of guilds as I understand it from pen and paper D&D is that they are unique, diverse, and fullfill and endless number of purposes that emulate the unpredictability and struggle that happens in the real world. For example, in pen and paper D&D, not all guilds are formed with "good intentions". Some have evil or negative goals "often NPC's" and have formed under the common purpose thieve or revolt. While others form to be the "defenders of the realm" so to speak. Others form because of common practice and sharing and learning and empowering their trade...aka thieves guilds, warriors guilds, or even "trade guilds" more interested in commerce and business" etc. It is the real life struggle between the different groups and guilds that add a level or reality. And to a certain extent, these different guilds keep each other monitored by their opposing interests. Anyhow, whether or not this aspect would be positive or not for stormreach I leave to players with much more experience then myself to decide...As for now though, as I said, the general opinion opposes such "ranking".

4) Guild Competions- Many seem to agree these could be fun and rewarding if done the right way. How about more ideas here....
I like the idea of having and annual festival very much like jousting matches of medeival times etc. Any more ideas?

5) Guild homes on stormreach or a general guild building where guilds can establish a home base or "office". Generally I think people like this idea. This is really the next step for guilds. In reality, an established guild should at least have a place to meet, lay its head, trade, ressurect, etc. More feedback here would be good. And specifically, more detailed ideas of the best way to accomplish this in stormreach.

Catlyn
06-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I am hoping for guild housing that contains several things to promote guild activity and unity. This housing should be consider a tavern for regen and other purposes. It would be nice for this house to have :

1.) Guild Bank - Only usable by Guild Leader / Officers. Number of slots could be static or tied to favour. Perhaps a use for those raid tokens still spawning. Number of slots could also be tied to number of people in guild.

2.) Inn Keeper - want that food and drink

3.) Normal Banker - so basic guild members can access their personal bank

4.) Mailbox - convience

5.) The front door acts like a portal in the houses allowing anyone leaving to decide where they go to. One of the best things about DDO is the little to no down time getting to quests unlike other mmo's. Why not make it even better.

6.) Item Vendor - Would like this person to be like the pawn brokers in that he resales what is sold to him, but without a timer. Instead he would have an item limit. He would pay only 1 GP for any item sold to him and in turn would resell it for only 1 GP. His list of items would never dissappear based on time. Only usable by guild members. What this would allow is for people to put things on him that are good and usuable by someone, but they have no interest in. Could play with the gold amounts if desired. Heck, could even have him resell for the full amount if you want a gold sink. Just then it becomes a private guild vendor.

7.) Teleport Mage - This is a person anyone can talk to, and for a price get greater teleported to their choice of destinations. This will serve double duty as a gold sink and as a way to promote people to log off in the guild house, but be able to get anywhere quickly.

8.) General vendor with spell components and basic potions.

In my mind, the guild house would be a place to hang out, share items, and do your maintenance stuff. A place to log all your characters but still be able to get anywhere quickly.

Lastly, I would love to see a trinket added that is attainable by some means - Favour, gold, etc. that is a once per rest clickie that teleports the person to their guild house. Just a way to get home quickly and easily.

There is tons of little extras that could be added in as a pay as you use service to be a gold sink in the game as well.

Zyrca_
06-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Just curious as to what people would like to see in guild houses. maybe with enough support we can get some at (or maybe even before :) ) mod 8.

I'm sorry to say that we won't have any guild housing features for mod 8. Development is already getting underway and we have a pretty good idea what we intend to implement. Guild housing is something we routinely kick around though, so I like seeing your thoughts on what would be really useful to you :)

thatguy
06-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry to say that we won't have any guild housing features for mod 8. Development is already getting underway and we have a pretty good idea what we intend to implement. Guild housing is something we routinely kick around though, so I like seeing your thoughts on what would be really useful to you :)

Will there be a level cap increase with mod 8?

Desteria
06-10-2008, 12:46 PM

followign the pattern of every even level mod beign a level bump I'd say most likely...

Desteria
06-10-2008, 12:47 PM
I am hoping for guild housing that contains several things to promote guild activity and unity. This housing should be consider a tavern for regen and other purposes. It would be nice for this house to have :

1.) Guild Bank - Only usable by Guild Leader / Officers. Number of slots could be static or tied to favour. Perhaps a use for those raid tokens still spawning. Number of slots could also be tied to number of people in guild.

4.) Mailbox - convience

5.) The front door acts like a portal in the houses allowing anyone leaving to decide where they go to. One of the best things about DDO is the little to no down time getting to quests unlike other mmo's. Why not make it even better.

6.) Item Vendor - Would like this person to be like the pawn brokers in that he resales what is sold to him, but without a timer. Instead he would have an item limit. He would pay only 1 GP for any item sold to him and in turn would resell it for only 1 GP. His list of items would never dissappear based on time. Only usable by guild members. What this would allow is for people to put things on him that are good and usuable by someone, but they have no interest in. Could play with the gold amounts if desired. Heck, could even have him resell for the full amount if you want a gold sink. Just then it becomes a private guild vendor.

7.) Teleport Mage - This is a person anyone can talk to, and for a price get greater teleported to their choice of destinations. This will serve double duty as a gold sink and as a way to promote people to log off in the guild house, but be able to get anywhere quickly.

In my mind, the guild house would be a place to hang out, share items, and do your maintenance stuff. A place to log all your characters but still be able to get anywhere quickly.

Lastly, I would love to see a trinket added that is attainable by some means - Favour, gold, etc. that is a once per rest clickie that teleports the person to their guild house. Just a way to get home quickly and easily.

There is tons of little extras that could be added in as a pay as you use service to be a gold sink in the game as well.

A RESERECTION PERSON so the guidl hall can be your bind point.

bobbryan2
06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
followign the pattern of every even level mod beign a level bump I'd say most likely...

Except for Mod 2 and 3...

But the real question to ask is will the level increase take us to 18 or 20?

Impaqt
06-10-2008, 12:50 PM

Ya mean like Mod 3? :rolleyes:

moorewr
06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
My thoughts on the subject:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=138915&highlight=guild%20housing

Mhykke
06-10-2008, 01:05 PM

I would say plan on them taking us to 18. Extends the game a bit if they just make it 18. They'd have to implement a lot of dungeons if the cap went up 4 levels. Plus, they'd have to start working on epics soon after.

Ardanroth
06-10-2008, 01:12 PM
my opinion is that guild housing shouldnt happen.

Guild housing takes players away from the MP, harbour and any other general areas, creating a ghost town.
New players on the trial see noone and eventually leave.

trades with in guilds can be done with the new channels, although it has surprised me that the MP tent was never used for general trade chatter

Catlyn
06-10-2008, 01:45 PM
trades with in guilds can be done with the new channels, although it has surprised me that the MP tent was never used for general trade chatter

No Mailbox, no AH, no tavern, doesn't surprise me the tent was not used.

The best spot would probably be Necro as AH, Bank, Mail, Tavern are all close together, but the necro is unfortunatly a ghost town most of the time.

DelScorcho
06-10-2008, 02:37 PM

Actually, we went to 12 with mod 3, 14 with mod 4, and 16 with mod 6. So there is no rule for when the level cap is increased. I hope there is a level cap increase, because those mods tend to be the good mods.

Lorien_the_First_One
06-10-2008, 02:53 PM

Ah good, please continue to focus on new content :)

Guild housing would be an excellent idea of fluff to add after you get us to L20

amysrevenge
06-10-2008, 03:09 PM

This one I like very much...

Big Mike

samagee
06-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Guild houses are very handy. We had housing in Utlima Online. A game I played for many years. We would have one just for the guild, and the ability to have lock boxes for different things is very handy. You could store gold for the guild fund, and items to be used for crafting as well. Of course in that game the tools for crafting were a lot different then this, and could be placed in your house or the guild house with ease. The containers had seperate levels of security on them so that the guild officers could limit what members got into.

The guild house also included an area for holding meetings in game, as well as dueling pits to practice things. The list goes on, but it did many things for the guilds there.

It is past time to have housing in this game, and I would like to see them include some open country side that connected some of the outside slayer areas with housing regions. They could have low level spawns from time to time in those areas as well in order for some limited crafting grind needs as well as XP.

BigBadBarry
06-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Personally, given we are talking about finite development resources here, I would prefer to see new content, new quests, new spells and new enhancements (eg prestige) than guildhousing.

If both can be done...great...bring it on.

If it's one at the expense of the other then go with content rather than a nice to have.

vainangel
06-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I like the idea of a vendor, but rather it be a private banker. One bank page per guild member and free trade items could show in a general window. Have one massive GUILD house for all guilds to use [similar to bank]. Could also hold plat and mail from the main interface to guild, allowing items, and plat to be shared easy. [adding the ability for memebers to auto take plat and items with restrictions and track transactions]

I do not think there should be individual guild houses. Previous statements made said it best.

Also had the thought to add a few more teleports and allowing them to point to a flagged guild meeting spot. There are so many wonderful locations for 'groups' to meet, and it would cut down on travel time [and confusion].

nittuo
06-10-2008, 07:09 PM

Too bad for Mod 8... Can you kick this around the table at the next meeting. Someone suggested a guild hall. How about a centralized location where guilds can man a booth/office when recruiting. That way when new to the game people or people without a guild can go to one location and meet reps from various server guilds and chat with them. They can also go there for advice from seasoned veterans of the game. Only guild officers can man the booths. Just a suggestion.

theedtwo
06-10-2008, 07:17 PM
ok here is what i would like to be able to happen in Guild Houseing (if and when we get them):

1) Guild safty deposite boxes- these would be used for items that u dont have room for in ur bank, or invintory, and u dont need. this way people in the guild can see what u have there and they can send u a tell asking if u would mind letting them have it. that way no one is getting annoyed with other guildies

2) Mail box- this would be used for the normal reaysons but just a little more conveince

3) portal/er- this can port u around but not directly to a quest's entrence.... it would act just like any other portal in game

4) beds for resting- this would be used just like a rest shrine, but u can use it as manny times as needed. that way ppl can rest up, not waste money and still get their mana/ health back a little bit. of course it would restor less then a shrine or food would

5) meeting hall- this would be used for when people are haveing meetings they wouldnt have to worry bout switching raid partys every other sentence. this way we all could get the info quickly

6) PVP pit- this would be used for all the reg. reaysons but it is guild use only

7) guild bank- just a bank that guild members can but stuff they dont need or ever use in and any1 can take from it... they just have to put something of equal or greater value in at the same time

8) notice board- this would be used so that if people are on and no1 else is on, they can leave a notice telling ppl some info they recieved or help requests for questing and lving.

so there is what i would like to see when we get Guild Houses

Vizzini
06-10-2008, 07:30 PM
These are all great idea's and remind me of an old MUD I used to play called Aarchon which had extensive clan houses, probably comparable to Gemstone MUD as well

4.) Mailbox - convience

JD2134
06-11-2008, 02:50 AM

I believe the devs answer to this will be I can not confirm or deny that question. And i can not confirm or deny my responce of being able to confirm or deny my responce to the question.

SHHHhhhhhh the devs are being sneaky and quite, last time i saw this happen i was nailed with NGE on SWG. So if Turbine start turning out paid expansions then im running for the hills

Dailus
06-11-2008, 11:23 AM

Sittable Chairs!

theANTItommy
06-11-2008, 11:51 AM
seen some good ideas, let's keep 'em rolling in and maybe just MAYBE we can convince the devs to hook us up (pretty please, devs? we'll be your best friends) *bats eyeleashes* :)

i can't say i agree with the mailbox in house or guild specific vendor. and obviously it would be at the same location for everybody in a high traffic area (lots of unused buildings in the marketplace) with an instance based idea, the instance being unique to that guild. i WAS thinking, however, maybe we could have a vendor with a cart posted up outside the door, the traveling salesman type, who could take all the vendor trash, sell, and repair items just like a regular vendor.

also-

item drop off or swapping- lets say you get an item you don't need or want, but you know somebody else can use it... leave it in the box and (assuming they meet the requirements to use it) other guildies can take or trade (probably the latter) an item, if for trade they must leave an item of equal or greater minimum level requirement. OR. items taken bind on aquire

banker- i would actually prefer to not see house k banking in guild houses, b/c there's really not any justification (in game) for why all these house k folk are sitting in the (what in a real city would be) hundreds of guild houses. it's not profitable or beneficial in any way to house k to do such a thing. however, it made my list b/c if it were included... nobody would hear me complain, not even a little bit b/c it's just so darn convenient :p

bulletin/message board- if i need to explain this one to you... i don't even know, i shouldn't have to explain this one

training (PvP) area- c'mon let's face it, the tavern brawling areas (which is the lobster alone, we all know that) are no fun unless you're a 16 barbarian, fighter, or some kind of weird high damage deal weilding ranger/fighter. it'd be much more fun to get your brand new monk slaughtered by the 16 barbarian in your guild at the very least

a freakin banner hanging from the ceiling with the name of the guild on it would be awesome

tavern area w/ bind point- again, do i need to explain?

gotta run, almost quittin time
i'll come back a little later and update

LordHeimlich
06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
If this ever happens (or even if it doesn't) I'd like to see some sort of guild logo or armor "paint job" that all the guild members share.

chameleon007
06-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Agreed. Perhaps a guild clothing vendor in which you can purchase items to help you fly your colors...so to speak.

LOUDRampart
06-11-2008, 10:59 PM
my opinion is that guild housing shouldnt happen.

Guild housing takes players away from the MP, harbour and any other general areas, creating a ghost town.
New players on the trial see noone and eventually leave.

I'm with Ard on this.

But if the dev's did implement guild housing, I hope they are very careful and selective on what they do include. For a game that is having trouble filling servers, creating content that keeps the mainstay players out of the public areas will only hurt it more, especially if we start getting new players (as hinted to the new marketing strategy)

QueenPennyThe1st
04-05-2010, 06:25 AM
GUILD HOUSING
The last post on this subject was 06/12/08 and I am wondering what has become of this delightful idea....

I am one of the newer players (started playing in early 2010) and now have guild with 100+ toons (from all over the U.S.) on Sarlona, Pay it Forward. It started as an experiment, so I could learn how a guild worked, and then suddenly bloomed into a fun and exciting group of people who are really great players. That said, I am wondering about several rumors and requests that are out there.

1. Is it possible that we will be able to get guild housing at some point?

2. One of our officers suggested that guilds be able to Attune items to the guild in a bank or treasure chest [with drop down features like in dungeons] to allow members to use important items that are not character bound, feather fall, water breathing, etc. for quests that require these items. Personelly I like the idea of attuned to guild items as it would allow the honor system to work without concern about items turning up missing if a player is no longer playing or quits the guild before returning items to the guild. (Actually the gang in our guild gives away more stuff than you can imagine, including pp, as a way of insuring that our parties are well equiped for whatever DDO throws at us He he he.....

3. Why is it that when a person leaves a guild to join another, the guild page of the 1st guild stills show them as a member in there list, but then if you touch on the players name it shows the new guild? Now this is just me asking cause I am weird about details, like numbers adding up, but if I am listed in a guild that I am no longer a part of, and I am counted in their numbers, that is to me, fuzzy math. enough said.

Well I guess that is all for now, I am sure that quild housing is a great idea, it will provide more revenue for DDO as I believe most of the people in our guild start off as f2p and end up p2p as we did, just because the guildies are so great to play with and we wanted to go more places than f2p offered.

Guilds should, in our minds, promote the game, which we do daily, help new players understand the mechanics, favor, exp, character builds, good manners, and the benifits of p2p, module purchase, and just how great this game really is.
Thank you for your time
Padmayna of Sarlona

moorewr
04-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Turbine announced at PAX East that we're getting guild airships in 2010.. so yes, they are addressing part of this request at last.

FrostBeard
04-05-2010, 08:18 AM
guild houses, guild banks, guild trophys, guild pvp. all these ideas are currently in almost every other successful mmo.

why arent they in this one?
why do you short sell yourselves?

Make it so ddo...

Kalari
04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
State of the game address and the general forums have announced it , this is also the main reason why my signature was updated to take my housing pleas out.

We are getting housing the summer of 2010 according to our producer Fernando Paiz we are getting guild housing via Airships.

There are online interviews on ddocast.com with a demo of what we have to look forward to. I am looking forward to beta guild housing and leaving constructive feedback and encourage others to do so when this is rolled out.

I think I may even re download lamania to test it when this update comes out as well.

So yes housing will be coming soon :)

vVAnjilaVv
04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
ZOMG!!!!!....I just saw this thread in a museum showcase last week :eek:

*breaks out the disruptors*

hydra_ex
04-05-2010, 02:30 PM
ZOMG!!!!!....I just saw this thread in a museum showcase last week :eek:

*breaks out the disruptors*

I'll waste my larges on a T3 "Greater" disrupter and help you.

Chillie
04-12-2010, 12:25 PM

All of us was told in update 4 we are getting a guild house but that never happened, SO let me ask the "dev's" this.. How important is it to just keep kicking around an extremely important part of D&D function as this one is? Having a simple window is less than ok for a guild to say the least but WE need much more than that to having real guilds on here. Is it that your afraid of getting more bugs if that's the case why bother worrying Turbine has enough of them as it is. Since Turbine went F2P it did become more heavy with traffic (was F2P and now VIP) IF what your saying is true then make this happen for it's the second most important aspect of the game. You cant say Turbine isn't getting enough money from us, I may not get much say in the matter but I am a paying customer.