PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Character

birddy820
06-08-2008, 08:29 PM
So the monk comes out and we get no new spots........Fine. I deleted a character but apparently that's not good enough. Now it is not my fault we had to have a server merge and we ended up with extra characters. When are they going to fix this and give those of us who've deleted a character back our spot??

~Thanx~

Sparker
06-08-2008, 11:43 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=1730480#post1730480

So the monk comes out and we get no new spots........Fine. I deleted a character but apparently that's not good enough. Now it is not my fault we had to have a server merge and we ended up with extra characters. When are they going to fix this and give those of us who've deleted a character back our spot??

~Thanx~

birddy820
06-20-2008, 12:46 AM
O.k. I understand but can I get my deleted character back please??

Oskee
06-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry Birddy, but In-Game Support cannot restore deleted characters.

birddy820
06-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Is there anyone else I can ask about this?

What's with the dragon thing??!!

Beherit_Baphomar
06-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Halpo is on a dragon kick today, ignore it.

And....you could talk to me about it, I can do as much for you as anyone else...

I dont work for Turbine, btw.

Hafeal
06-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Halpo is on a dragon kick today, ignore it.

And....you could talk to me about it, I can do as much for you as anyone else...

I dont work for Turbine, btw.

Can you delete dragons? :D

Oskee
06-21-2008, 02:06 AM
Is there anyone else I can ask about this?

Sorry Birddy, but once a character is gone... it's gone. There isn't anything we can do to restore it for you.

birddy820
06-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Well could you please give me my spot back then?

Karrai
06-23-2008, 04:50 PM
If you have more then 9 slots then the answer is gonna be no.
Once any slots above the offical 9 are gone they are gone, no gm will be able to give it back.

Sparker
06-23-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm afraid that is not possible. If you were over the maximum we can not grant you an additional character slot I am sorry.

Well could you please give me my spot back then?

tc12
06-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Shoudn't be too hard to patch the client for a check and warning on the delete button:

"WARNING! You presently have 10+ chars. Deleting this one will not create a free slot to make a new one. X characters would have to be deleted in order to have a free slot to create a new one. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"

Really seems the least you can do to prevent this from happening to other players, given how much frustration this undertandably caused Birrdy and would anyone else who similarly does this.

TC

Sparker
06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
That would make an excellent suggestion for the Development section of the forums:
http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Shoudn't be too hard to patch the client for a check and warning on the delete button:

"WARNING! You presently have 10+ chars. Deleting this one will not create a free slot to make a new one. X characters would have to be deleted in order to have a free slot to create a new one. Are you sure you wish to proceed?"

Really seems the least you can do to prevent this from happening to other players, given how much frustration this undertandably caused Birrdy and would anyone else who similarly does this.

TC

Punishment
10-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Please do not reply to this email. To help ensure a prompt response, please click the link at the bottom of this email to respond.

On 10/6/2008 you posed a question to Turbine Support which was noted as inquiry 163546.The question you posed and our response are listed below.

Your Question, Comment or Feedback:
Comments about item 169: (Good)

This info is good, but I had my characters in DDO
deleted by my now ex-wife earlier this year and the
only remains of them is
on RISIA. Is it possible to retrieve the characters
from Risia and placed back on Ghallanda if I pay
for each of them?

Response:
Greetings ******,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, you cannot transfer characters from the Risia server as it is a test server. While you can transfer servers to the Risia servers, you are unable to transfer them back. In the future we might offer a service regarding deleted characters. However, at this time we do not have a date on when this service will be available. When we announce that this service is available it will be through our official forums and websites. To reply to this message, please click the link at the bottom of this e-mail.

Thank you,
The Turbine Customer Service Team

Did you know, Turbine has many great Premium Services available to their members? Check them out by visiting http://support.turbine.com and clicking on the "Premium Services" logo.

This makes it seem as if they may be working on a service to restore deleted toons. Thought I would share :)

Falco_Easts
10-14-2008, 06:31 PM
I had my characters in DDO
deleted by my now ex-wife earlier this year

Ouch:mad::(:mad::(