PDA

View Full Version : Teleport Dialog Box

Tanka
06-08-2008, 06:52 PM
So, some people don't use the Teleport dialog box.

Unfortunately, those of us that like to use the Royal Guard Mask have to.

So it's not really an uncertain reason that the font has changed entirely in the box (and also that the "Tent" selection is still there -- despite there being no Tent) and nobody noticed it.

I just want to know one thing:

Why did it change?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3366/screenshot00191dr7.th.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot00191dr7.jpg)

Dariuss
06-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Is there a problem with it or ?

Tanka
06-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Is there a problem with it or ?
The font (for those who have never seen it pre-M7) was larger and more readable. Now it seems to be some sort of "oh look I wrote this on parchment" font.

It's just one of those changes that make me wonder why they decided to do it.

Shandi
06-08-2008, 08:06 PM
it could have been one of those bugs that happen when other things happen, those are known as Halo Effect Bugs, or something along those lines

While its not a bad game breaking change, for those us of that play a higher resolutions its kind of annoying because its so small now.

Also the Marketplace Tent is still "there" its just a big hole in the ground, I think of it as homage to the great tent that stood there before the horrible devils came and wrecked it.

Tanka
06-08-2008, 08:16 PM
it could have been one of those bugs that happen when other things happen, those are known as Halo Effect Bugs, or something along those lines

While its not a bad game breaking change, for those us of that play a higher resolutions its kind of annoying because its so small now.
Indeed. 1280x1024 is high, but it's not that much higher than 1024x768 (which seems to be factory standard anymore). Having scaling text based on resolution is just a bad idea.

Also the Marketplace Tent is still "there" its just a big hole in the ground, I think of it as homage to the great tent that stood there before the horrible devils came and wrecked it.
The tent is a lie the tent is a lie the tent is a lie the tent is a lie the tent is a lie...

Garth_of_Sarlona
06-08-2008, 08:27 PM
The font is different on the resist energy and protection from energy spell line as well

Garth

Tanka
06-08-2008, 09:08 PM
The font is different on the resist energy and protection from energy spell line as well

Garth
Yup. Just noticed that when buffing myself in Dust.

geoffhanna
06-09-2008, 07:39 AM
... it was changed to make room for more destinations?

In_Like_Flynn
06-09-2008, 10:22 AM
All the spell effect selection dialog boxes look like this now. For an old man like me, it means leaning that much further into the screen to read them. :cool: