PDA

View Full Version : Outfits

Indel_Eventine
06-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I like the new outfits, except for those with the fan sitcking up out of their backs.. Who in their right mind would wear something like that - its just begging to get snagged on webs, grabbed by an ogre, etc.

Bexo
06-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Could we get some skin tight outfits like many of the padded armors and leather. Or how about short dress like some of the brigadines. Also more colour variety.

Bradik_Losdar
06-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Could we get some skin tight outfits like many of the padded armors and leather. Or how about short dress like some of the brigadines. Also more colour variety.

Have you seen some of the new chain shirt graphics? Many look like skirts now.

Oh and on the skin tight grahics issue, how about (at least for males) to be able to go bare chested with just some cool gi pants on - in true Bruce Lee style?

Memnir
06-08-2008, 05:47 PM
The biggest issue with the "Sticks" outfit is how unspeakably horrible it looks with either Barkskin or Stoneskin on. It takes a really bad look, and makes it many times worse.

Bad:
[IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/ScreenShot00044.jpg

Holy *&%$&$ Ugly:
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/ScreenShot00045.jpg

Devs - please remove this style of outfit from the game. Nobody likes it. It's on par with the worst Brigandine looks. If you ever see a halfway decent Outfit on the AH - don't buy it because chances are it has this utterly gross look to it.

Really, really bad design.

Samadhi
06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I like the one with the sticks...

... of course, I liked some of the wacked-out brigs as well...

Snoggy
06-08-2008, 05:52 PM
I keep taking outfits as end of quest rewards, searching in vain for the one I like (the white with the brown sash). So many decent, usable outfits stats-wise, that I refuse to wear because of those ugly sticks.

:P

Gaermain
06-08-2008, 06:28 PM
The biggest issue with the "Sticks" outfit is how unspeakably horrible it looks with either Barkskin or Stoneskin on. It takes a really bad look, and makes it many times worse.

I couldn't agree more. I found a set that had some nice kickers on it for my ranger and I thought the whole stick thing was pretty novel.

Can't decide if I look more like Cleopatra or a Komodo Dragon with barkskin on though.

Ugh.

ShaeNightbird
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I don't like that awful sticky one either. Fugly, fugly, fugly. Ick.

I suppose if you need chopsticks in a hurry it's fine, but other than that...

branmakmuffin
06-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I keep taking outfits as end of quest rewards, searching in vain for the one I like (the white with the brown sash). So many decent, usable outfits stats-wise, that I refuse to wear because of those ugly sticks.

I don't like that awful sticky one either. Fugly, fugly, fugly. Ick.

I suppose if you need chopsticks in a hurry it's fine, but other than that...

My gosh, you role-players, you.

;)

MrCow
06-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Good think Warforged don't have to worry about these funny looking outfits. Unless they start attempting to make those stick outfits out of livewood then I'm not concerned about it in the least. :p

Tin_Dragon
06-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Meh, I actually like the stick outfit. I have to say keep it, if you dont like it, put it in trade for same type with diff look.

branmakmuffin
06-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Meh, I actually like the stick outfit. I have to say keep it, if you dont like it, put it in trade for same type with diff look.
You are offering a solution to a non-request for one. The point is that in the opinion of many (including me) they look ugly. Nothing more than that.

Offering solutions when one is not asked for will not earn you points with the women in your life.

Tin_Dragon
06-08-2008, 10:31 PM
You are offering a solution to a non-request for one. The point is that in the opinion of many (including me) they look ugly. Nothing more than that.

Offering solutions when one is not asked for will not earn you points with the women in your life.

Oh, well in that case, sorry.

And thanks for the "solution to a non-request for one" about my "points with the women in your life" very very helpful that. Glad we have such a ladies man in the house to steer us right...

sheesh. BTW my lovely wife got a kick out of you comment ;)

Hvymetal
06-09-2008, 02:47 AM

Thankfully on this forum I did not read any rule requiring the ofering of suggestions to have to be requested first.
Offering snarky answers when none was required will not earn you points with anyone in life.....

And back to the stick thing, have you seen some of the docents some of us have had to deal with??

Gordo
06-09-2008, 05:14 AM
The sticks are ridiculous but if they must stay, please fix the way bark and stoneskin looks. The first gush of wind and it looks like I'd be lifted off the ground like a kite.

Tin_Dragon
06-09-2008, 07:33 AM
The sticks are ridiculous but if they must stay, please fix the way bark and stoneskin looks. The first gush of wind and it looks like I'd be lifted off the ground like a kite.

I actually thought that it might help improve Feather Fall directional stearing, and slow fall too!

Lithic
06-09-2008, 07:53 AM
It's not the outfit, it's the character carrying 6 quivers thats causing the problem :D

Venar
06-09-2008, 08:21 AM
My only problem with it is the barksin/stoneskin/camouflage effect.
In fact, and call me crazt here, but why does the skin effects color my entire body? Shouldnt it only effect the face and leave the clothing normal?

QuantumFX
06-09-2008, 08:36 AM
My only problem with it is the barksin/stoneskin/camouflage effect.
In fact, and call me crazt here, but why does the skin effects color my entire body? Shouldnt it only effect the face and leave the clothing normal?

Somehow SS/BS overwrites the transparency maps of stuff. I started a thread way back asking the graphics team to fix it caus eit just looks stupid on the Totemic Lavalier.

Gordo
06-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Good point above and maybe an easy fix. Can't the devs simply have the effect of bark, stone, etc... just show on face and hands? Regardless, please fix the porcupine robe. I did, however, pick up one that had +20HP for 100 plat. I guess if you can stand the look, there are bargains out there. It was like going to a Salvation Army store.

Indel_Eventine
06-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Good think Warforged don't have to worry about these funny looking outfits. . :p

Yeah, that would be cruel - they are already ugly all the time, to add funny would be the last straw! :p