PDA

View Full Version : Raid the Vulkorim Changed

Lithic
06-07-2008, 07:13 PM
"Raid the what?" you say?

Its a desert walk-up quest where you need to kill 6 special outsider scorpions that are locked behind blue forcefields. Those forcefields USE to be barred gates, which use to match the quest so much better than magic blue barriers.

Anyone care to guess why the change to this often-ignored quest? I am personally baffled :D

GeneralDiomedes
06-07-2008, 07:17 PM
If the barriers are still brought down in the same manner, then I can only guess it's because of casting something through the gates.

Lithic
06-07-2008, 07:18 PM
If the barriers are still brought down in the same manner, then I can only guess it's because of casting something through the gates.

I thought all doors already blocked casting through them, like the gates in maze of madness.

Angelus_dead
06-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I thought all doors already blocked casting through them, like the gates in maze of madness.
At various times in the past it was possible to kill them with both FW and CK, without opening the door. That's how you'd solo it.

GeneralDiomedes
06-07-2008, 07:22 PM

They are still fixing casting through barriers even up the latest Mod ..

Some spells which had been able to affect foes through doors and force fields now do a better job of checking line of sight.

So IMO it's conceivable there is still something out there ..

GeneralDiomedes
06-07-2008, 07:25 PM
At various times in the past it was possible to kill them with both FW and CK, without opening the door. That's how you'd solo it.

That's one way to solo it I suppose .. but you can solo it the legitimate way.

dameron
06-07-2008, 08:43 PM
"Raid the what?" you say?

Its a desert walk-up quest where you need to kill 6 special outsider scorpions that are locked behind blue forcefields. Those forcefields USE to be barred gates, which use to match the quest so much better than magic blue barriers.

Anyone care to guess why the change to this often-ignored quest? I am personally baffled :D

I'm much more baffled why the scorpions, which can burrow, would care about a gate or a magic force field.

One more time, with vigor:

Turbine! Scorpions cannot burrow. Please fix.

honkuimushi
06-07-2008, 08:54 PM
As far as I know, this isn't a new change. I remember talking about it while doing a desert Rare run. From what they said, it was changed last summer.

MrCow
06-07-2008, 09:21 PM
This change was made several months ago because the barred gate geometry was allowing scorpions to get onto the gate pillars and climb into the ceiling, remaining their indefinitely. With force fields in place I have yet to see this bug reoccur.