PDA

View Full Version : So you can no longer drink potions of remove fear while feared

Jomee
06-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Is this by design? Because now it has a spell animation when you drink one?

Lorien_the_First_One
06-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Is this by design? Because now it has a spell animation when you drink one?

Yup, its by design. Apparently they don't want anyone to be self sufficient anymore.

On the positive side, its freeing up slots on all my chars.

tihocan
06-07-2008, 06:33 PM
The expanded funnel tech is IMHO the worst change in mod.7 :(

KaKa
06-07-2008, 06:37 PM
The expanded funnel tech is IMHO the worst change in mod.7 :(

Funnels period are worst thing they ever did to potions. I guess their thinking is if it didn't work the first time lets **** up more potions the next time.

bobbryan2
06-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Yup, its by design. Apparently they don't want anyone to be self sufficient anymore.

On the positive side, its freeing up slots on all my chars.

It's not necessarily by design. It's all due to the fact that they were changed over to disposable clickies. There are a lot more issues with that that are definately not 'by design'.

Tendare
06-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok Turbine, please let us drink our own potions. You can fix this I know you can. I don't buy them to throw down somebody elses throat. Hey what about the people who want to solo. You did make dungeons for that remember!!! If you prefer being self sufficient and they are for sale at the vendors then we should be able to guzzle them whenever wherever we want!!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO

Lithic
06-09-2008, 05:47 PM
The only upside to this bottom of the marianus trench downside is that when you use a potion of remove fear, its a 10min remove fear area of effect now, instead of being self-only.

crschoen
06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah I was surprised by this change too. I always carried a stack of 50+ of these potions on my chars that were susceptible to fear. But it was funny how few people carried them. I think every other group I ran with with include someone shouting out "Help - I'm feared!" in the middle of a battle. Dude - by some potions for 60gp... Oh well, guess I gotta start shouting that out myself now too..lol

Talcyndl
06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
It's not necessarily by design. It's all due to the fact that they were changed over to disposable clickies. There are a lot more issues with that that are definately not 'by design'.

Yup. The fact that they changed lesser restore pots (at least for regular rage), suggests they aren't on some kick to prevent all potion drinking. Fear may be a special case in the developers' opinion, but there hasn't been any statement from them on the subject. Could be wrong....

Still hoping it's a bug that they ignored despite numerous posts after funnels were mentioned in an early WDA. :(