PDA

View Full Version : Why screw over longtime players?

Tamryn
06-07-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't understand the reasoning behind not opening a new slot with the addition of a new class. Many people have been playing this game for a long time now and have all current slots with capped charachters. It's extremely lame to expect us to reroll capped characters with raid gear and such as the game progresses. Or do you actually prefer those people that come play for a month or two on new content then take several month hiatus? Is the money we give for a monthly subscription and that we are here playing the game not appreciated? :eek:

llevenbaxx
06-07-2008, 09:12 AM
They figure those of us who have stuck it out through these long spans of no new content arent going to go anywhere over this. So basically since you and I arent leaving over this, no they dont care.:)

Aesop
06-07-2008, 09:21 AM
They said they were having an issue with adding a slot but that they are working on it

so there will be additional slots sometime in the future

I don't know when

but I am waiting with twitcher character buildign fingers

Aesop

Tamryn
06-07-2008, 10:34 AM
They said they were having an issue with adding a slot but that they are working on it

so there will be additional slots sometime in the future

I don't know when

but I am waiting with twitcher character buildign fingers

Aesop

Aesop while I appreciate your faith in the "We're working on that" line the reality is that rarely seems true...
Also it cannot truly be that complicated to add a new slot unless they are looking for a way to make it require
unlocking which is inane but wouldn't suprise me after certain comments. Sadly we seem bound to a system that
doesn't truly seem to want response other than fanboy raves as they never respond to anything but, unless its the
slime creature saying ohh bad you for disagreeing we're cutting off your forum use for two weeks. :rolleyes:

baddax
06-07-2008, 10:38 AM
creating a thread for more character slots plz stop by and sign.

Rickpa
06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I have stated elsewhere that I think Turbine has intended to open a new slot, but will place it later so to stagger the rush to create monks.

Snoggy
06-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Aesop while I appreciate your faith in the "We're working on that" line the reality is that rarely seems true...
Also it cannot truly be that complicated to add a new slot unless they are looking for a way to make it require
unlocking which is inane but wouldn't suprise me after certain comments. Sadly we seem bound to a system that
doesn't truly seem to want response other than fanboy raves as they never respond to anything but, unless its the
slime creature saying ohh bad you for disagreeing we're cutting off your forum use for two weeks. :rolleyes:

It's almost like they're intentionally daring you to quit and play some other game.

I get morbid pleasure out of each new content update, as it seems to alienate, disenfranchise, and stir the anger of some specific group of players, prompting all sorts of incendiary posts. This time around, it's "longtime" players. I wonder who will get the treatment next time around. Maybe me.

Tamryn
06-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I have stated elsewhere that I think Turbine has intended to open a new slot, but will place it later so to stagger the rush to create monks.

Nifty, wonderful , (many other adjectives), now go back to the original thought... The people with full slots are the ones obviously here doing more playing yet they can't get a slot to make a new class without rerolling one? Stupid and lame is what that is...
and a slap to the face for those that do a lot of playing and not only come back for freebie weekends or take months off. :(

Frodo_Lives
06-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Unless you have capped characters across all servers then there is a slot available to make a monk. It just won't be on your home server where you can twink the hell out of it.

I agree that a new slot should have come out with the new class, but really I have 9 characters and I have a hard time finding time to play all of them. If I really wanted a monk I am sure I could find at least one character that I wouldn't be totally lost without.

ArkoHighStar
06-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Unless you have capped characters across all servers then there is a slot available to make a monk. It just won't be on your home server where you can twink the hell out of it.

I agree that a new slot should have come out with the new class, but really I have 9 characters and I have a hard time finding time to play all of them. If I really wanted a monk I am sure I could find at least one character that I wouldn't be totally lost without.

twinking has little to do with it many who have maxxed out slot are in established guilds, and play primarily with those guilds, so telling to go to a new server is not an option, as many have no desire to start over

Snoggy
06-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah, you have a point there Arko. BUT ... we're all a pretty tight knit community on the forums too. I'm pretty sure if you wanted to come to a new server even, you could find some folks from around here who you could talk to before coming over and maybe get into a circle of folks that could lead to a guild or at least a play group. Probably not the best solution, I know. But it'd be better than nothing. You don't have to totally start over cold, friendless and unloved.

You could run with my tiny group of peeps, but I've been struggling to get them to log on this week, so that's probably bad for you and worse for me, lol.

:)

Just sayin ... there's some love out there! There has to be.