PDA

View Full Version : Mass Charm Monster needs to be fixed

Rastawiz
06-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Why is mass charm monster still just a single target charm? The devs should have had this fixed by mod 7, with the lackluster spell choices for level 8 spells there is no excuse for this spell not working properly.

tihocan
06-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Because you're not supposed to have it, it's been pulled out :p

Freeman
06-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I sense much desire to charm in you. Charming leads to pets. Pets lead to bugs. Bugs lead to exploits. Exploits lead to the Dark Side.

So, no Mass Charm for you! :p

rfachini
06-06-2008, 01:32 PM
They need to change it somehow, to make it worth taking that spell.

sda3
06-06-2008, 02:24 PM
They need to change it somehow, to make it worth taking that spell.

You cant take it. Only a few were able before it was shelved

Naso24
06-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Look for scrolls. It isn't mass, but is is another charm monster with a higher DC than the others, and it does last for quite a while.

rfachini
06-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I actually took it on my bard during mod 6, hoping it would soon be changed to something really good. :D
Right now, it's just a single charm with a slightly higher DC. If you use Heighten on the regular charm monster, the DC is the same as the higher level version. The only real advantage then is that the spells are on separate timers and can be cast quicker.

Rastawiz
06-09-2008, 11:37 PM
I had mass charm monster before they nerfed it to a single target spell, and it was a great level 8 spell. Now it is a junky version of a level 4 spell, because there are no spell penetration VIII items that I have seen, and if there is I doubt there are greater spell penetration VIII which would be needed to make the junky level 8 version be as good as a level 4 version.

So back to my original thought on this post, the devs need to fix this spell ASAP, there is no reason for this spell to be so worthless compared to a level 4 spell.

Nevthial
06-10-2008, 02:43 AM
It won't be fixed. Not because of exploiting either, but because it is too effective. When you can take a Wiz in a quest, use less than 500 sp and create an army, there is no need for any other player(s) to come along. Save someone to disable traps if necessary. This tends to create whining among the masses. I for one, would love to see it work as it is supposed to. Spell & Scroll nerfs make me like the game less and less, especially when the explanations given are pure PR / damage control. e.g. : " Using that spell can break your character" If that is true, then the entire system is flawed, and was so from the begining. I have personally had over 50 charmed creatures at once without ANY ill effect. What's the difference between charm monster and mass charm monster, except that one would allow me to save sp over the other?

gserlenga
06-10-2008, 05:21 AM
It won't be fixed. Not because of exploiting either, but because it is too effective. Spell & Scroll nerfs make me like the game less and less

Having run some of the new Mod8 high level content a couple times, I have to say my 38Int Wizard16 with +25 to his spell pen. roll is feeling mighty gimped. This is 18th lvl content so saves are +2 better for everything in there across the board minimally, and the blanket immunities combined with the utter uselessness of what should be the most powerful spells in the game, namely 8th lvl, is highly disappointing to me.